Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Fixed Password Bug in Registration Process Post 303034313 by Neo on Tuesday 23rd of April 2019 06:21:57 AM
Old 04-23-2019
Fixed Password Bug in Registration Process

Today I found out that many new user registrations were having trouble logging in.

I spend about three hours debugging this, and I think I fixed the problem.

If anyone registers and has trouble logging in please contact me on Live Chat.

Thanks.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hiding login/password in process!

Hello, I am trying to figure out away to hide a command from users when performing a ps check. I have a ksh that purges a table in a database. If I perform a >ps -eaf |grep ksh, I get the login id and password. I do not want other users seeing this. Is there a way to hide this. The login... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctcuser
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Password process takes a long time

We are running unix. After a reboot of the server we have found that changing password takes a long time. if type in passwd "username" you can type in the 1st instance of the password , press enter , then it will wait for about 3 minutes before bringing up the confirm password line typing it in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXlewis
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script - Hide password from process table

i have an expect script that runs like this: /usr/bin/expect -f /home/skysmart/commandstoexecute.sh host2.net b$4aff Skysmart when i run this command, and i do a ps -ef and egrep for expect, i see the exact line in the process table and it shows my password for the world to see. how can i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process monitoring for a fixed time

Hi Gurus, I have a scenario where i need to monitor for a process which starts at a particular time. I need to check if the process has started at the specified time and keep checking this for 5 minutes only and then want to alert me. ps -ef | grep -i process.sh | grep -v grep >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadanabalan
5 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
TALKD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  TALKD(8)

NAME
talkd -- remote user communication server SYNOPSIS
talkd [-dp] DESCRIPTION
Talkd is the server that notifies a user that someone else wants to initiate a conversation. It acts a repository of invitations, responding to requests by clients wishing to rendezvous to hold a conversation. In normal operation, a client, the caller, initiates a rendezvous by sending a CTL_MSG to the server of type LOOK_UP (see <protocols/talkd.h>). This causes the server to search its invitation tables to check if an invitation currently exists for the caller (to speak to the callee specified in the message). If the lookup fails, the caller then sends an ANNOUNCE message causing the server to broadcast an announcement on the callee's login ports requesting contact. When the callee responds, the local server uses the recorded invitation to respond with the appropriate rendezvous address and the caller and callee client programs establish a stream connection through which the conversation takes place. OPTIONS
[-d] Debug mode; writes copious logging and debugging information to /var/log/talkd.log. [-p] Packet logging mode; writes copies of malformed packets to /var/log/talkd.packets. This is useful for debugging interoperability prob- lems. SEE ALSO
talk(1), write(1) HISTORY
The talkd command appeared in 4.3BSD. Linux NetKit (0.17) March 16, 1991 Linux NetKit (0.17)