Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Please consider adding an Anti 996 License Post 303034299 by complex.invoke on Tuesday 23rd of April 2019 02:08:56 AM
Old 04-23-2019
This User Gave Thanks to complex.invoke For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anti Virus sw

Can anyone recommend Anti Virus sw for a ten user small business environment running Unix... ver? Thanks for the help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpm
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

anti virus caller

Hi all. Iam using AVG antivirus personel edition, and i can only set it to run at one time only. Iam running it on a Win98 machine. is it possilbe to write a Perl script or c++ script to set it up to run at 12pm and 3pm and 6pm ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

What anti-virus to use with Ubuntu

Greetings I just installed Ubuntu 9 on my computer and need to know what anti-virus software to use. I have been using Avast anti-virus on my other comps for years and really like it. I have not tried it with Ubuntu yet but it says for Windows based systems. Any ideas are appreciated Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: N5TDA
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating the license tag in XML file with new license

Hi All, I have a XML file : System.xml in which I want to update the license tag with the new data from file licence.xml. The content of files is in following format: System.xml: <?xml version="1.0"?> <!DOCTYPE Configuration SYSTEM "SystemVariables.dtd"> <usageConfiguration... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_T
2 Replies

5. Linux

Linux Anti Virus

Can anyone tell the best free antivirus for Linux? I'm using RED HAT 9.0 & want to install antivirus for it. So if anyone has any suggestions of where to get that antivirus, that would be great! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Multics Systems Programmers Manual as of 1969-04-01, comprising 996 PDF Files

While working on my current "UNIX history project" I ran across this: Jerry Saltzer created an online scanned copy of the Multics Systems Programmers' Manual (MSPM) in this directory. Based on the 1969-04-01 MSPM, the repo comprising 996 PDF files. In order to help preserver the MSPM, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
MAKECONV(1)							 ICU 50.1.2 Manual						       MAKECONV(1)

NAME
makeconv - compile a converter table SYNOPSIS
makeconv [ -h, -?, --help ] [ -c, --copyright ] [ -v, --verbose ] [ -d, --destdir destination ] convertertable ... DESCRIPTION
makeconv converts the ICU converter table convertertable into a binary file. The binary file has the same base name as convertertable but has a .cnv extension (instead of the typical .ucm extension of the convertertable file). This binary file can then be read directly by ICU, or used by pkgdata(1) for incorporation into a larger archive or library. The convertertable must be in the ICU ucm (Unicode Codepage Mapping) format in order to be understood by makeconv. The ICU ucm format is similar to the IBM NLTC upmap/tpmap/rpmap files. Comments in the convertable are handled as follows. If a comment (starting with a `#' sign) that is after some text does contain the fallback indicator `|' then only the text starting with the `#' sign, and ending before the `|' sign, is ignored. Otherwise, or if the comment is the first thing on the line, the comment runs up to the end of the line. This spe- cial handling of comments is to accomodate the practice of putting fallback information in comments in the strict IBM NLTC ucmap format. Note that new converters will be automatically found by ICU after their installation in ICU's data directory. They do not need to be listed in the convrtrs.txt(5) converters aliases file in order to be available to applications using ICU. They do need to be listed there if one wants to give them aliases, or tags, though. OPTIONS
-h, -?, --help Print help about usage and exit. -c, --copyright Include a copyright notice in the binary data. -v, --verbose Display extra informative messages during execution. -d, --destdir destination Set the destination directory to destination. The default destination directory is specified by the environment variable ICU_DATA. CAVEATS
If an existing converter table is changed and recompiled using makeconv, the resulting binary file must be packaged in the same way that it was packaged initially. For example, if converters were grouped together in an archive or a library with pkgdata(1), then the archive or library must be rebuilt with the new binary file. A standalone binary converter file will not take precedence over a packaged one. ENVIRONMENT
ICU_DATA Specifies the directory containing ICU data. Defaults to /usr/share/icu/50.1.2/. Some tools in ICU depend on the presence of the trailing slash. It is thus important to make sure that it is present if ICU_DATA is set. VERSION
50.1.2 COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000 IBM, Inc. and others. SEE ALSO
convrtrs.txt(5) pkgdata(1) ICU MANPAGE
16 April 2002 MAKECONV(1)