Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX commands and scripts
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers UNIX commands and scripts Post 303034298 by Neo on Tuesday 23rd of April 2019 02:06:32 AM
Old 04-23-2019
Kindly do not post classroom or homework type of problems in the main forums.

Homework and coursework-related questions should only be posted in this forum using a special homework template.

Discussed with the new member in Live Chat.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

REF: Here is a part of the Live Chat on this with the new member:

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maingrame to UNIX sending UNIX commands

I want to know if there is a way to send unix commands thru FTP from a mainframe to kick off Autosys Jobs. I just need to send a command from the mainframe to UNIX and have UNIX execute that command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skammer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Porting of Windows written unix scripts to unix platform

Can anybody help me in finding out a solution for the problem below? When we write .unix or .sh files in windows OS and port them to Unix platforms there is a character ^M inserted at the end of each line of the script file. During ftp porting I set the transfer mode as ASCII for the script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamilselvi
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running shell scripts automatically without using Batch or at commands

I have been trying to run a unix script which contains many sql statements.I need to run this script every monday morning. I tried to run on command prompt, it works fine. But while I run it via batch or at command., it returns with library module could not be loaded (libcompat.1.o could not be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritzwan0
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[PERL] Running unix commands within Perl Scripts

I understand that in order to run basic unix commands I would normally type at the prompt, I would have to use the following format system(ls -l); or exec(ls -l); But when I actually try to use the command, the script fails to compile and keeps telling me there is an error with this line. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: userix
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing shell scripts of commands

can anyone help me in writing a shell script to visualize how simple commands work and on what logic. For Eg: ls command how it lists out all the files and directories, need to write a simple script based on the commands source code.:D (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul_11d
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash scripts as commands

Hello, the bulk of my work is run by scripts. An example is as such: #!/bin/bash awk '{print first line}' Input.in > Intermediate.ter awk '{print second line}' Input.in > Intermediate_2.ter command Intermediate.ter Intermediate_2.ter > Output.out It works the way I want it to, but it's not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Leo_Boon
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

1st yr Exam revision thread - Scripts, C, Commands

Hello, I have an exam for 1st year Linux and Unix programming coming up in a week and I need some help going over the past exams, I want to make sure I'm getting the right answers in the past exams to ensure full marks. The internet is a distraction so making this thread will hopefully help me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphy
3 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Calculating Total and Averages with awk Commands & Scripts

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write an awk script(company.awk) for the workers file to find the number of workers of each departman, total... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedJohn
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display Pie Chart/Bar Graph in microsoft outlook email using UNIX commands/Shell scripts

I have a shell script which executes to write html codes into a text file. My next step is to email the text file so that receiving person (people who i send email to) should be able to see pie/chart or bar graph (whatever i design in my code) in their email. Following is the example of a sample... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikerboy
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Saltstack commands inside bash scripts donā€™t work

In a Redhat Linux environment, I could run salt commands on the $ prompt but not inside my bash scripts. It will say command not found and the $PATH variable is exactly the same outside and inside the script. !#/usr/bin/bash echo “running”¯ salt "*" cmd.run ‘ls' exit Output:-... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurudewa
8 Replies
SIEVESHELL(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     SIEVESHELL(1)

NAME
sieveshell - remotely manipulate sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
sieveshell [--user=user] [--authname=authname] [--realm=realm] [--password=password] [--exec=script] [--execfile=file] server[:port] sieveshell --help DESCRIPTION
sieveshell allows users to manipulate their scripts on a remote server. It works via MANAGESIEVE, a work in progress. The following commands are recognized: list list scripts on server. put <filename> upload script to server. get <name> [<filename>] get script. if no filename display to stdout delete <name> delete script. activate <name> activate script. deactivate deactivate all scripts. OPTIONS
-u user, --user=user The authorization name to request; by default, derived from the authentication credentials. -a authname, --authname=authname The user to use for authentication (defaults to current user). -r realm, --realm=realm The realm to attempt authentication in. -p password, --password=password The password to use when authenticating to server. Note that this parameter can be seen in the process list. Use with caution! -e script, --exec=script Instead of working interactively, run commands from script, and exit when done. -f file, --execfile=file Instead of working interactively, run commands from file file and exit when done. REFERENCES
[MANAGESIEVE] Martin, T.; "A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts", draft-ietf-managesieve-03.txt, Mirapoint, Inc.; May 2001, work in progress. AUTHOR
Tim Martin <tmartin@mirapoint.com>, and the rest of the Cyrus team <cyrus-bugs@andrew.cmu.edu>. perl v5.14.2 2014-06-03 SIEVESHELL(1)