Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Orphaned process "D" state
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Orphaned process "D" state Post 303034236 by MadeInGermany on Monday 22nd of April 2019 09:10:17 AM
Old 04-22-2019
D state is "device waiting" and is a bit nasty.
Such a process cannot be killed.
It makes sense to guess the blocking device, and fix it. Once fixed, the proceses will leave the D state and continue.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

"service" , "process" and " daemon" ?

Friends , Anybody plz tell me what is the basic difference between "service" , "process" and " daemon" ? Waiting for kind reply .. .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Processes on FreeBSD are stuck in "pipewr" state

Hi Experts, I am executing "svn" checkout command through my java code on a freeBSD machine. SVN checkout gets started , but when I run "top" command on my freebsd machine, I have observed that "svn" processes are stuck in "pipewr" state. Any pointer for this problem? Thanks, akash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
0 Replies

5. BSD

Process stuck in "pipewr" state

Hi Experts, I am executing "svn" checkout command through my java code on a freeBSD machine. SVN checkout gets started , but when I run "top" command on my freebsd machine, I have observed that "svn" processes are stuck in "pipewr" state. Any pointer for this problem? Thanks, akash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to solve M5000 CPU "Deconfigured" state?

Hi Community, i have one M5000 spare machine which was handled by support team. they told me that it is gone completely . i have checked the status. before it was showing MBU_B degraded. i updated to latest firmware and , resetted the xscf and now this is showing as normal. MBU_B... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
5 Replies

8. Solaris

How to remove a LUN in "Online Busy" state?

Hi all, I have a LUN that is in "Online Busy" when I issue the dev_gestate subcommand of luxadm: root@es088wb6:~# luxadm -v -e dev_getstate /dev/rdsk/c21t50050763090887FEd4s2 phys path = "/devices/pci@6c0/pci@1/pci@0/pci@4/SUNW,qlc@0/fp@0,0/ssd@w50050763090887fe,4:c,raw" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ludiegu
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
DEVICE_GET_STATE(9)					   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual				       DEVICE_GET_STATE(9)

NAME
device_get_state, device_busy, device_unbusy, device_is_alive, device_is_attached -- manipulate device state SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/bus.h> device_state_t device_get_state(device_t dev); void device_busy(device_t dev); void device_unbusy(device_t dev); int device_is_alive(device_t dev); int device_is_attached(device_t dev); DESCRIPTION
The current state of a device is accessed by calling device_get_state() which returns DS_NOTPRESENT, DS_ALIVE, DS_ATTACHED or DS_BUSY (described in device(9)). To test see if a device was successfully probed, call device_is_alive() which simply returns if the state is greater or equal to DS_ALIVE. To test see if a device was successfully attached, call device_is_attached() which simply returns if the state is greater or equal to DS_ATTACHED. Each device has a busy count which is incremented when device_busy() is called and decremented when device_unbusy() is called. Both routines return an error if the device state is less than DS_ATTACHED. When device_busy() is called on a device in the DS_ATTACHED state, the device changes to the DS_BUSY state. When device_unbusy() is called and after decrementing, the busy count for the device is zero, the device changes to the DS_ATTACHED state. SEE ALSO
device(9) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Doug Rabson. BSD
June 16, 1998 BSD