Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Power Machine password
Operating Systems AIX Power Machine password Post 303034189 by Phat on Sunday 21st of April 2019 01:18:32 AM
Old 04-21-2019
Hi Neo,

As I know, the VIOS the base platform is AIX. So the same here, I would like to know what is base OS of HMC? It's AIX or Linux Red Hat, Debian, CentOS, ...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help with any free unix machine login password

Hi Can any one help me with unix box user name and password. I tried several free sites which provide free unix login, but there I can't use ksh. Thanks:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsjoy2u
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

without password to login into remote machine- in the script ??

HI, I need to write a script .. when I run this script , will directly goto that remote machine without asking password.. Once it is entered, I needs to transfer some of the log files... how can I proceed ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hegdeshashi
7 Replies

3. AIX

Maximum Limit of HMC to handle Physical Power Virtualization Physical Machine

Hello All, Can anybody please tell me what is the maximum limit of Physical IBM Power Machine which can be handled by single HMC at a single point of time? Thanks, Jenish (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jenish_shah
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh to remote machine with 2nd user and password

Hi all, Really hope someone can help me, i have been trying lots of things and just cant seem to nail it - and for something that seems straight forward.... Anyway, scenario is I need to log onto a second machine (remote server) from main workstation. Once logged in I need to run a batch... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hopper_no1
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

machine hangs for some time after giving password.

Hi I m trying to take a console of linux machine using putty. Whenever i connect to the machine and give password details to log into the machine it hangs for some time and then it allow the login. I m totally clueless why it is happening suddenly . ---------- Post updated at 01:14 AM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to set password for vnc software installed in windows machine?

i want user to prompt for password when ever he tries to login into solaris box using vnc software. is it possible.. each time the user tries to access a solaris box should be prompted for password. and each user can set his own password for his session? if all the above are possible which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
3 Replies

7. AIX

Cannot login into AIX machine. Forgot Password!

Hi, I cannot login to an AIX machine. The login mechanism was that we had disabled remote "root" logins. We have only one user that can access over SSH and that is "userabc". Probably have forgotten the password or it has expired. Is there a way to recover or login. I have the password... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get current power consumption of a machine

Hi Is there any native commands or somewhere in the /proc files to get the machine's power consumption? I googled for a while and cannot really find this information Thanks for your help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagman5
6 Replies

9. AIX

Power machine 720 SAS disk

Hello, I would like to check how many SAS disks and its size per disk for the whole power system. As per my understanding, if we assign the SAS controller to LPAR, then we can see the disk in lpar smitty command. How can we check from the Power machine(physical ones) as well? I think the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
5 Replies
RHN_REGISTER(8) 						   Red Hat, Inc.						   RHN_REGISTER(8)

NAME
rhn_register - Connect to Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. SYNOPSIS
rhn_register [options] DESCRIPTION
rhn_register is a client program that registers your system with "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". After registering, your system can receive software updates, install new software, and remotely manage your system. It can run both in graphical and text modes. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Increase the debugging output. --proxy=PROXY Specify an http proxy to use. --proxyUser=PROXYUSER Specify a username to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyPassword. --proxyPassword=PROXYPASSWORD Specify a password to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyUser. --nox Run in text mode. --version Show the program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto "Spacewalk Server" or "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by Red Hat client programs. SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhnreg_ks(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2011 February 4 RHN_REGISTER(8)