Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to change allocated memory for a process? Post 303034185 by baris35 on Saturday 20th of April 2019 10:30:45 PM
Old 04-20-2019
Hello Rudic,
I am sorry for my delayed return. When I connect to ubuntu via ssh, it shows info about status, you know it.
At that moment, normally I could see system load as percent. As you said, there is no relation with ssh and system load.
First I thought there were some misconfigured parameters in sshd_config file but could not have found any clue causing this issue. I made some changes at running processes and it's okay so far.

Thank you for your time
Boris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Memory allocated

Hi, How to find out what is the maximum memory allocated to TOMCAT server in SunOS 5.8? The Tomcat server crashes down during peak times.... Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baanprog
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

process memory change in unix

Hello! I was wondering if I could trouble all your experts with a couple questions regarding checking memory usage changes during the run time in the specific program (process) under UNIX. 1. After the program starts running, is ps the best way to tell the total memory usage at the any time? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aginger
2 Replies

3. AIX

amount of memory allocated to large page

We just set up a system to use large pages. I want to know if there is a command to see how much of the memory is being used for large pages. For example if we have a system with 8GB of RAm assigned and it has been set to use 4GB for large pages is there a command to show that 4GB of the *GB is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

4. Programming

Why memory allocated through malloc should be freed ?

Actually for a process to run it needs text, stack , heap and data segments. All these find a place in the physical memory. Out of these 4 only heap does exist after the termination of the process that created it. I want to know the exact reason why this happens. Also why the other process need to... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthiktceit
20 Replies

5. HP-UX

how to find size of memory allocated to a pointer?

Hi, Am new to HP UX , is there a way to find out the size of memory allocated to a pointer on hp ux? For example we can use the _msize() on windows to find the size of memory allocated to a pointer . #include <stdio.h> #include <malloc.h> void main() { void *buffer; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wkdunreal
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change the memory address of ld.linux-so in a dynamically linked process

hi, For some special reason , I'd like to control the memory address for the shared libraries in my dynamically linked process. And it is the "ld" which interpret the dynamically linked library, and in my system, the "ld-linux.so.2" is put at 0x00812000. Then I use "prelink -r" command to change... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool_08
0 Replies

7. Linux

change the memory address of ld.linux-so in a dynamically linked process

hi, For some special reason , I'd like to control the memory address for the shared libraries in my dynamically linked process. And it is the "ld" which interpret the dynamically linked library, and in my system, the "ld-linux.so.2" is put at 0x00812000. Then I use "prelink -r" command to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool_08
3 Replies

8. Programming

Regarding the maximum memory allocated by malloc() function on HP-UX B11.11

In a 'C' program,when I am trying to allocate memory with the help of malloc () function, it is allocating the memory up to a certain limit for e.g. in my case, it is 670 MB (approx). malloc() returns NULL if I allocate more than this amount of memory.When I tried to allocate memory in chunks of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipinsachan
1 Replies

9. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

KVM/Qemu allocated memory not showing in guest

So we have a RHEL 7.6 workstation with 128 gigs of ram. The OS sees all the ram and 80 cors (40 HT) We have 1 guest with 8 CPUs and 32gigs of ram running RHEL 7.6 workstation as well. We are trying to create another guest with 64 CPUs and 80 gigs of ram. We setup the system using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeg1484
0 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)