Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Live Chat (Alpha) in UserCP SF 0.7517 Post 303034168 by Neo on Friday 19th of April 2019 11:13:32 PM
Old 04-20-2019
Update SF version: 0.7528
  • Removed annoying "join and leave" messages from chat window. I added this yesterday and it's simply too annoying. My bad.

Next, I think I need to spend time on the initial Vue.js bug which is causing the initial page render to be blank (requiring a reload) based on some incomplete PubNub AJAX calls (race conditions). This results in "undefined" Javascript errors I need to trap and deal with. These async AJAX timing and race conditions can be tricky to deal with (trap all possible errors) in all of these types of apps which make asynchronous REST calls to a remote API. I'm having some issues on initial page load where the REST'ful AJAX calls to the PubNub API are not returning fast enough and this is causing errors on initial page load and this is the reason why a page reload works (and is often required) after the initial loading.

This issue is really is nagging me and it impacts every possible variation of this publish-subscribe Javascript project moving forward. This is a Vue.js lifecycle problem and not a PubNum API problem. However, I have not completely switched out all the "OUTDATED" Vue.js wrapper code, so maybe if I get rid of it and just use the "unwrapped" SDK, I will get better results? Actually, I kinda doubt it because I have seen these kinds of AJAX race conditions many times over the years. This is the bane of using async remote calls. It's also an issue I have seen in game engine (the game loop) programming.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Live Chat For Solaris?

Does anyone know of any online live chat discussion groups for Solaris? If so, please let me know... Thanks! Rob Sandifer (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

New UserCP Update Profile Image Page (UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7485)

Update! UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7485 Created a new page for uploaded a profile picture (profile pictures are different than avatar pictures). https://www.unix.com/usercp/#/settings/other https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums225-picture1158.png ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

A Quick Video Overview of PubNub Live Chat @UNIX.com (version 0.7614)

A number of people have asked me to make some videos, so I just got my first condenser microphone and so I can make some amateurish screen casts. I will try to do better in the future. A quick overview of PubNub Live Chat @unix.com The video is best is you set the Quality to HD 1080. The... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

PubNub Live Chat Beta Testing

Dear All, We are now beta testing our future "Live Chat" area using PubNub technology. https://community.unix.com/ This purpose of this testing is to test the core system, in general, and to see how many, if any, bugs crawl out of the woodwork. This "Live Chat" is not the... (48 Replies)
48 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates In this version of the UserCP, I have changed "Live Chat" to "Live Updates" by disabling the ability to post in the "live chat" area and changed the name to "Live Updates" The reason for this change is that experienced... (6 Replies)
6 Replies
MULOG(1)							Museek Daemon Plus							  MULOG(1)

NAME
Mulog - Chat Logging Script for Museekd DESCRIPTION
Mulog is command-line Python script that connects to museekd(1) and saves chat messages into log files. Under the Log Directory, it creates room & private subdirectories and a syslog file. If it loses connection with museekd, it will automatically exit. Setting the interface and password on the command-line is a security risk. Since interface and password settings are saved to the config file when set, you should set them, exit mulog, and restart mulog without the options on the commandline..LP Before running, you will need a working museekd(1) and need to know your museekd interface and interface password. Configure those with musetup(1). SYNOPSIS
mulog [-c <config-filename> ] [--config <config-filename>] [-i <host:port | /socket.path>] [--interface <host:port | /socket.path> [-p <interface-password>] [--password <inteface-password>] [-l <directory>] [--log <directory>] [-v] [--version] [-h] [--help] OPTIONS
Mulog accepts the following options: -c <filename>, --config <filename> Use a different config file. -l <directory>, --log <directory> Use a different chat log directory. -i, --interface <host:port | /socket.path> Choose a different interface (saved to config file) -p, --password <interface-password> Choose a different password (saved to config file) -v, --version Display Version and exit. -h, --help Display Help and exit. EXAMPLE
To run this program the standard way type: mulog Alternativly you use a different config file with: mulog --config mulog.config To set the interface password: mulog --password 1234567890 FILES
~/.museekd/mulog.config The default location for the mulog config file. ~/.museekd/logs/ The default log directory. ~/.museekd/logs/syslog The museekd error/connection log file. ~/.museekd/logs/room/ The directory where chat room logs are stored. ~/.museekd/logs/private/ The directory where private chat logs are stored. AUTHORS
Hyriand <hyriand@thegraveyard.org> daelstorm <daelstorm@gmail.com> SEE ALSO
mucous(1) murmur(1) muscan(1) muscand(1)museekcontrol(1) museekd(1) musetup(1) musetup-gtk(1) museeq(1) daelstorm Release 0.2.0 MULOG(1)