Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Power Machine password
Operating Systems AIX Power Machine password Post 303034167 by Neo on Friday 19th of April 2019 10:27:25 PM
Old 04-19-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat
Hi,
, ...
1 more thing, HMC is the linux right?
Could you elaborate on this question?

It seems like you maybe better off to start with a simpler linux project if this is your level of understanding?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help with any free unix machine login password

Hi Can any one help me with unix box user name and password. I tried several free sites which provide free unix login, but there I can't use ksh. Thanks:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsjoy2u
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

without password to login into remote machine- in the script ??

HI, I need to write a script .. when I run this script , will directly goto that remote machine without asking password.. Once it is entered, I needs to transfer some of the log files... how can I proceed ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hegdeshashi
7 Replies

3. AIX

Maximum Limit of HMC to handle Physical Power Virtualization Physical Machine

Hello All, Can anybody please tell me what is the maximum limit of Physical IBM Power Machine which can be handled by single HMC at a single point of time? Thanks, Jenish (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jenish_shah
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh to remote machine with 2nd user and password

Hi all, Really hope someone can help me, i have been trying lots of things and just cant seem to nail it - and for something that seems straight forward.... Anyway, scenario is I need to log onto a second machine (remote server) from main workstation. Once logged in I need to run a batch... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hopper_no1
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

machine hangs for some time after giving password.

Hi I m trying to take a console of linux machine using putty. Whenever i connect to the machine and give password details to log into the machine it hangs for some time and then it allow the login. I m totally clueless why it is happening suddenly . ---------- Post updated at 01:14 AM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to set password for vnc software installed in windows machine?

i want user to prompt for password when ever he tries to login into solaris box using vnc software. is it possible.. each time the user tries to access a solaris box should be prompted for password. and each user can set his own password for his session? if all the above are possible which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
3 Replies

7. AIX

Cannot login into AIX machine. Forgot Password!

Hi, I cannot login to an AIX machine. The login mechanism was that we had disabled remote "root" logins. We have only one user that can access over SSH and that is "userabc". Probably have forgotten the password or it has expired. Is there a way to recover or login. I have the password... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get current power consumption of a machine

Hi Is there any native commands or somewhere in the /proc files to get the machine's power consumption? I googled for a while and cannot really find this information Thanks for your help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagman5
6 Replies

9. AIX

Power machine 720 SAS disk

Hello, I would like to check how many SAS disks and its size per disk for the whole power system. As per my understanding, if we assign the SAS controller to LPAR, then we can see the disk in lpar smitty command. How can we check from the Power machine(physical ones) as well? I think the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
5 Replies
FENCE_AGENT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    FENCE_AGENT(8)

NAME
fence_vmware_soap - Fence agent for VMWare over SOAP API DESCRIPTION
fence_vmware_soap is an I/O Fencing agent which can be used with the virtual machines managed by VMWare products that have SOAP API v4.1+. Name of virtual machine (-n / port) has to be used in inventory path format (e.g. /datacenter/vm/Discovered virtual machine/myMachine). In the cases when name of yours VM is unique you can use it instead. Alternatively you can always use UUID to access virtual machine. fence_vmware_soap accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin. Fenced sends parameters through stdin when it execs the agent. fence_vmware_soap can be run by itself with command line options. This is useful for testing and for turning outlets on or off from scripts. Vendor URL: http://www.vmware.com PARAMETERS
-a, --ip=[ip] IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. -l, --username=[name] Login Name This parameter is always required. -p, --password=[password] Login password or passphrase -z, --ssl SSL connection -t, --notls Disable TLS negotiation -n, --plug=[id] Physical plug number, name of virtual machine or UUID This parameter is always required. -u, --ipport=[port] TCP/UDP port to use (default 80, 443 if --ssl TCP/UDP port to use for connection with device (Default Value: 80) -4, --inet4-only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only -6, --inet6-only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only -S, --password-script=[script] Script to retrieve password --ssl-secure SSL connection with verifying fence device's certificate --ssl-insecure SSL connection without verifying fence device's certificate -o, --action=[action] Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) -v, --verbose Verbose mode -D, --debug-file=[debugfile] Write debug information to given file -V, --version Display version information and exit -h, --help Display help and exit -C, --separator=[char] Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) --power-timeout=[seconds] Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) --shell-timeout=[seconds] Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) --login-timeout=[seconds] Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 5) --power-wait=[seconds] Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) --delay=[seconds] Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) --retry-on=[attempts] Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) ACTIONS
on Power on machine. off Power off machine. reboot Reboot machine. status This returns the status of the plug/virtual machine. list List available plugs with aliases/virtual machines if there is support for more then one device. Returns N/A otherwise. monitor Check the health of fence device metadata Display the XML metadata describing this resource. STDIN PARAMETERS
ipaddr IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. login Login Name This parameter is always required. passwd Login password or passphrase ssl SSL connection notls Disable TLS negotiation port Physical plug number, name of virtual machine or UUID This parameter is always required. ipport TCP/UDP port to use for connection with device (Default Value: 80) inet4_only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only inet6_only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only passwd_script Script to retrieve password ssl_secure SSL connection with verifying fence device's certificate ssl_insecure SSL connection without verifying fence device's certificate action Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) verbose Verbose mode debug Write debug information to given file version Display version information and exit help Display help and exit separator Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) power_timeout Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) shell_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) login_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 5) power_wait Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) delay Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) retry_on Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) fence_vmware_soap (Fence Agent) 2009-10-20 FENCE_AGENT(8)