Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Live Chat (Alpha) in UserCP SF 0.7517 Post 303034164 by pubnubcraig on Friday 19th of April 2019 09:50:49 PM
Old 04-19-2019
Progress > Wheels Spinning

Neo - great to hear you are having success with JS SDK. That is the typical DX for customers on our more popular SDKs, but no excuse for the other SDKs (wrapper or not) should not be feature complete. Thanks for lighting the fire under our butts on this one. Sometimes the edges get forgotten when you are blazing ahead with innovative features.

When you shift gears to PHP, be sure to reach out with any questions. There are some best practices when it comes to server side realtime. For example, if you are tempted to subscribe from the server side, think about using PubNub Functions and xhr'ing to your server (as needed) or using Presence Webhooks if there is a need to monitor channel activity on a global scope.

Whole lots of gotchas that we can steer you around if you don't already know about them.

Cheers
Craig
This User Gave Thanks to pubnubcraig For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Live Chat For Solaris?

Does anyone know of any online live chat discussion groups for Solaris? If so, please let me know... Thanks! Rob Sandifer (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

New UserCP Update Profile Image Page (UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7485)

Update! UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7485 Created a new page for uploaded a profile picture (profile pictures are different than avatar pictures). https://www.unix.com/usercp/#/settings/other https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums225-picture1158.png ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

A Quick Video Overview of PubNub Live Chat @UNIX.com (version 0.7614)

A number of people have asked me to make some videos, so I just got my first condenser microphone and so I can make some amateurish screen casts. I will try to do better in the future. A quick overview of PubNub Live Chat @unix.com The video is best is you set the Quality to HD 1080. The... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

PubNub Live Chat Beta Testing

Dear All, We are now beta testing our future "Live Chat" area using PubNub technology. https://community.unix.com/ This purpose of this testing is to test the core system, in general, and to see how many, if any, bugs crawl out of the woodwork. This "Live Chat" is not the... (48 Replies)
48 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates In this version of the UserCP, I have changed "Live Chat" to "Live Updates" by disabling the ability to post in the "live chat" area and changed the name to "Live Updates" The reason for this change is that experienced... (6 Replies)
6 Replies
xrestop(1)						      General Commands Manual							xrestop(1)

NAME
xrestop - monitor server resources used by X11 clients SYNOPSIS
xrestop -help xrestop [ -display display ] [ --batch ] [ --delay-time seconds ] DESCRIPTION
Xrestop uses the X-Resource extension to provide 'top'-like statistics of each connected X11 client's server-side resource usage. It is intended as a developer tool to aid more efficient server resource usage and debug server-side resource leakage. OPTIONS
--help Show usage. --display, -d <display> Specify X11 display to monitor. --delay-time, -dt <seconds> Time in seconds between taking samples. Default is 2 seconds. --batch, -b Run in batch mode. Slightly more detailed infomation is streamed to stdout rather than the usual curses interface. This mode is intended for debugging a single client with something like xrestop -b | grep -A 15 appname --max-samples, -m <count> Specify number of times to gather and display results. Default is continuous, which can be set with 0 (zero). SEE ALSO
X(7), top(1). BUGS
The X-Resource extension is very new and may not be 100% accurate. AUTHOR
xrestop was written by Matthew Allum <mallum@handhelds.org>. xrestop(1)