Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [Discussion] AIX future
Operating Systems AIX [Discussion] AIX future Post 303034127 by Neo on Friday 19th of April 2019 02:29:00 AM
Old 04-19-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat
oh, I can see, the future is not so bright as Redhat becomes very common nowadays.
I think it is just basic business economics. RedHat is a lot cheaper to use than AIX since IBM is expensive; and the world has shifted and there are a lot of very talented Linux people on the market. This is very different than it was a decade or so ago, when Linux people has trouble finding work. Now the tides have reversed, from what I have seen. But since I am not directly in the job market my knowledge is limited.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

vb 3.0 Upgrade Discussion

Please discuss vB 3.0 upgrade or ask questions here. Neo (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
27 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Discussion culture

I want to start a small thread about discussion culture. From the past experience in different fora, I have little hope that any will come out of it. But I'll try it anyway, hoping to contributing to an improvement on the topic. I do not want to discuss a specific technical question, but only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stomp
5 Replies
POPULARITY-CONTEST(8)													     POPULARITY-CONTEST(8)

NAME
popularity-contest - list the most popular Debian packages SYNOPSIS
popularity-contest DESCRIPTION
The popularity-contest command gathers information about Debian packages installed on the system, and prints the name of the most recently used executable program in that package as well as its last-accessed time (atime) and last-attribute-changed time (ctime) to stdout. When aggregated with the output of popularity-contest from many other systems, this information is valuable because it can be used to determine which Debian packages are commonly installed, used, or installed and never used. This helps Debian maintainers make decisions such as which packages should be installed by default on new systems. The resulting statistic is available from the project home page https://popcon.debian.org/. Normally, popularity-contest is run from a cron(8) job, /etc/cron.daily/popularity-contest, which automatically submits the results to Debian package maintainers (only once a week) according to the settings in /etc/popularity-contest.conf and /usr/share/popularity-con- test/default.conf. SEE ALSO
The popularity-contest FAQ at /usr/share/doc/popularity-contest/FAQ popcon-largest-unused(8), cron(8) Additional documentation is in /usr/share/doc/popularity-contest/. AUTHOR
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@debian.org>. Debian/GNU Linux November 2001 POPULARITY-CONTEST(8)