Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [Discussion] AIX future
Operating Systems AIX [Discussion] AIX future Post 303034122 by Neo on Friday 19th of April 2019 12:17:40 AM
Old 04-19-2019
I have not used AIX in two decades, but I can relay a story about AIX based on a recent experience.

A highly skilled AIX expert I know was down on his luck and recently and I offered to help him. I have a friend who is in a very senior position at BMW in Germany and he is always glad to help me when he can (and I also always help him out when I can).

I mentioned to my friend that I knew someone who was out of work, a bit down on his luck, and looking for an AIX position and asked if BMW had any AIX positions available.

My friend said he was very sorry but BMW had moved to become a full "RedHat" shop years ago, and if the person I knew who was looking for a job had strong Linux skills, and in particular AIX skills, please have them contact BMW. He said BMW was always looking for talented RedHat people and has a lot of openings (and showed me a link to their web site which shows those job openings).

I think this is fairly comment these days.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

vb 3.0 Upgrade Discussion

Please discuss vB 3.0 upgrade or ask questions here. Neo (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
27 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Discussion culture

I want to start a small thread about discussion culture. From the past experience in different fora, I have little hope that any will come out of it. But I'll try it anyway, hoping to contributing to an improvement on the topic. I do not want to discuss a specific technical question, but only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stomp
5 Replies
UDM_CAT_LIST(3) 							 1							   UDM_CAT_LIST(3)

udm_cat_list - Get all the categories on the same level with the current one

SYNOPSIS
array udm_cat_list (resource $agent, string $category) DESCRIPTION
Gets all the categories on the same level with the current one. The function can be useful for developing categories tree browser. PARAMETERS
o $agent - A link to Agent, received after call to udm_alloc_agent(3). o $category - RETURN VALUES
Returns an array listing all categories of the same level as the current $category in the categories tree. The returned array consists of pairs. Elements with even index numbers contain the category paths, odd elements contain the corresponding category names. $array[0] will contain '020300' $array[1] will contain 'Audi' $array[2] will contain '020301' $array[3] will contain 'BMW' $array[4] will contain '020302' $array[5] will contain 'Opel' ... etc. EXAMPLES
Following is an example of displaying links of the current level in format: Audi BMW Opel ... Example #1 udm_cat_list(3)example <?php $cat_list_arr = udm_cat_list($udm_agent, $cat); $cat_list = ''; for ($i=0; $i<count($cat_list_arr); $i+=2) { $path = $cat_list_arr[$i]; $name = $cat_list_arr[$i+1]; $cat_list .= "<a href="$_SERVER[PHP_SELF]?cat=$path">$name</a><br />"; } ?> SEE ALSO
udm_cat_path(3). PHP Documentation Group UDM_CAT_LIST(3)