Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to change allocated memory for a process? Post 303034115 by RudiC on Thursday 18th of April 2019 03:45:12 PM
Old 04-18-2019
The only 2062780 I see in your code snippet is being written to the kernel parameter "threads-max", the maximum allowed processes / threads on the system. What makes you think this has to do with memory allocation?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Memory allocated

Hi, How to find out what is the maximum memory allocated to TOMCAT server in SunOS 5.8? The Tomcat server crashes down during peak times.... Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baanprog
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

process memory change in unix

Hello! I was wondering if I could trouble all your experts with a couple questions regarding checking memory usage changes during the run time in the specific program (process) under UNIX. 1. After the program starts running, is ps the best way to tell the total memory usage at the any time? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aginger
2 Replies

3. AIX

amount of memory allocated to large page

We just set up a system to use large pages. I want to know if there is a command to see how much of the memory is being used for large pages. For example if we have a system with 8GB of RAm assigned and it has been set to use 4GB for large pages is there a command to show that 4GB of the *GB is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

4. Programming

Why memory allocated through malloc should be freed ?

Actually for a process to run it needs text, stack , heap and data segments. All these find a place in the physical memory. Out of these 4 only heap does exist after the termination of the process that created it. I want to know the exact reason why this happens. Also why the other process need to... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthiktceit
20 Replies

5. HP-UX

how to find size of memory allocated to a pointer?

Hi, Am new to HP UX , is there a way to find out the size of memory allocated to a pointer on hp ux? For example we can use the _msize() on windows to find the size of memory allocated to a pointer . #include <stdio.h> #include <malloc.h> void main() { void *buffer; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wkdunreal
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change the memory address of ld.linux-so in a dynamically linked process

hi, For some special reason , I'd like to control the memory address for the shared libraries in my dynamically linked process. And it is the "ld" which interpret the dynamically linked library, and in my system, the "ld-linux.so.2" is put at 0x00812000. Then I use "prelink -r" command to change... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool_08
0 Replies

7. Linux

change the memory address of ld.linux-so in a dynamically linked process

hi, For some special reason , I'd like to control the memory address for the shared libraries in my dynamically linked process. And it is the "ld" which interpret the dynamically linked library, and in my system, the "ld-linux.so.2" is put at 0x00812000. Then I use "prelink -r" command to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool_08
3 Replies

8. Programming

Regarding the maximum memory allocated by malloc() function on HP-UX B11.11

In a 'C' program,when I am trying to allocate memory with the help of malloc () function, it is allocating the memory up to a certain limit for e.g. in my case, it is 670 MB (approx). malloc() returns NULL if I allocate more than this amount of memory.When I tried to allocate memory in chunks of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipinsachan
1 Replies

9. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

KVM/Qemu allocated memory not showing in guest

So we have a RHEL 7.6 workstation with 128 gigs of ram. The OS sees all the ram and 80 cors (40 HT) We have 1 guest with 8 CPUs and 32gigs of ram running RHEL 7.6 workstation as well. We are trying to create another guest with 64 CPUs and 80 gigs of ram. We setup the system using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeg1484
0 Replies
hostinfo(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       hostinfo(8)

NAME
hostinfo -- host information SYNOPSIS
hostinfo DESCRIPTION
The hostinfo command displays information about the host system on which the command is executing. The output includes a kernel version description, processor configuration data, available physical memory, and various scheduling statistics. OPTIONS
There are no options. DISPLAY
Mach kernel version: The version string compiled into the kernel executing on the host system. Processor Configuration: The maximum possible processors for which the kernel is configured, followed by the number of physical and logical processors avail- able. Note: on Intel architectures, physical processors are referred to as cores, and logical processors are referred to as hardware threads; there may be multiple logical processors per core and multiple cores per processor package. This command does not report the number of processor packages. Processor type: The host's processor type and subtype. Processor active: A list of active processors on the host system. Active processors are members of a processor set and are ready to dispatch threads. On a single processor system, the active processor, is processor 0. Primary memory available: The amount of physical memory that is configured for use on the host system. Default processor set: Displays the number of tasks currently assigned to the host processor set, the number of threads currently assigned to the host proces- sor set, and the number of processors included in the host processor set. Load average: Measures the average number of threads in the run queue. Mach factor: A variant of the load average which measures the processing resources available to a new thread. Mach factor is based on the number of CPUs divided by (1 + the number of runnablethreads) or the number of CPUs minus the number of runnable threads when the number of runnable threads is less than the number of CPUs. The closer the Mach factor value is to zero, the higher the load. On an idle system with a fixed number of active processors, the mach factor will be equal to the number of CPUs. SEE ALSO
sysctl(8) Mac OS X October 30, 2003 Mac OS X