Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk on csv files
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers awk on csv files Post 303034113 by zozoo on Thursday 18th of April 2019 11:01:45 AM
Old 04-18-2019
Thank you Smilie it worked ,my Bad Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

csv files (with quoted commas) and awk

I have a file as follows: 1,"This is field 2",3,4,5 2,"This is field 2 it can contain one , comma",3,4,5 3,"This is field 2 it also, can, contain, more",3,4,5 4,"This is field 2 without extra commas",3,4,5 and i pass this through to awk: awk -F, ' { if (... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cranie
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

validation of data using filter (awk or other that works...) in csv files

Hello People I have the following file.csv: date,string,float,number,boolean 20080303,abc,1.5,123,Y 20080304,abc,1.2,345,N 20080229,nvh,1.4,098,Y 20080319,ugy,1.9,586,N 20080315,gyh,2.4,345,Y 20080316,erf,3.1,932,N I need to filter the date field where I have a data bigger than I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rafael.Buria
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing awk script to read csv files and split them

Hi Here is my script that calls my awk script #!/bin/bash set -x dir="/var/local/dsx/csv" testfile="$testfile" while getopts " f: " option do case $option in f ) testfile="$OPTARG";; esac; done ./scriptFile --testfile=$testfile >> $dir/$testfile.csv It calls my awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to give multiple csv files as input in awk

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting..My problem is i want to give multiple csv files as input to awk script and process the data into one file.. My input file is File1 File2 File3 Product Location Period SalesPrice A x 8/11/2010 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvth
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge 2 csv files with awk

I have 2 files pipe delimted and want to merge them based on a key e.g file 1 123$aaa$yyy$zzz 345$xab$yzy$zyz 456$sss$ttt$foo 799$aaa$ggg$dee file 2 123$hhh 345$ddd 456$xxx 888$zzz so if the key is the first field, and the result should be the common key between file 1 and 2 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: loloAix
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK to match CSV files with duplicate patterns

Dear awk users, I am trying to use awk to match records across two moderately large CSV files. File1 is a pattern file with 173,200 lines, many of which are repeated. The order in which these lines are displayed is important, and I would like to preserve it. File2 is a data file with 456,000... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: isuewing
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to perform an action similar to vlookup between two csv files in UNIX

Hi, I am new to awk/unix and am trying to put together an awk script to perform an action similar to vlookup between the two csv files. Here are the contents of the two files: File 1: Date,ParentID,Number,Area,Volume,Dimensions 2014-01-01,ABC,247,83430.33,857.84,8110.76... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prit Siv
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter using awk in CSV files

Hello Gentlemen, Finding difficulties to play with my Input files:confused: . Your guidance will certainly help as always. After converting to csv file from XLSM file, I am getting some extra ""(double quote) characters which I want to terminate inside shell script and process it further. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradyumnajpn10
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk assistance - Comparing 2 csv files

Hello all, I have searched high and low for a solution to this, many have come really close but not quite what I'm after. I have 2 files. One contains GUID's, for example: 8121E002-96FE-4C9C-BC5A-6AFF20DACECD 84468F30-F3B7-418B-81F0-0908E80792BF A second file, contains a path to the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirmUK
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify csv-files with awk

Hello everyone! I have thousands of csv files I have to import into a Database table. As usually the files aren't perfect. For example they have a different number of columns and some weird columns. The second problem is, that I have to add 3 parts of the filename into 3 rows in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: elRonaldo
6 Replies
OCR4GAMERA(1)															     OCR4GAMERA(1)

NAME
ocr4gamera - OCR system using the Gamera framework USAGE
ocr4gamera -x <traindata> [options] <imagefile> OPTIONS
-v <int>, --verbosity=<int> Set verbosity level to <int>. Possible values are 0 (default): silent operation; 1: information on progress; >2: segmentation info is written to PNG files with prefix debug_. -h, --help Display help and exit. -d, --deskew Do a skew correction (recommended). -f, --filter Filter out very large (images) and very small components (noise). -a, --automatic-group Autogroup glyphs with classifier. -x <file>, --xmlfile=<file> Read training data from <file>. -o <xml>, --output=<xml> Write recognized text to file <xml> (otherwise it is written to stdout). -c <csv>, --extra_chars_csvfile=<csv> Read additional class name conversions from file <csv>. <csv> must contain one conversion per line. -R <rules>, --heuristic_rules=<rules> Apply heuristic rules <rules> for disambiguation of some chars. <rules> can be roman (default) or none (for no rules). -D, --dictionary-correction Correct words using a dictionary (requires aspell or ispell). -L <lang>, --dictionary-language=<lang> Use <lang> as language for aspell (when option -D is set). -e <int>, --edit-distance=<int> Correct words only when edit distance not more than <int>. OCR4GAMERA(1)