Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vue.js Steam Chat
Top Forums Web Development Vue.js Steam Chat Post 303034108 by Neo on Thursday 18th of April 2019 08:10:17 AM
Old 04-18-2019
UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7514

I was able to get message history working within a vue-pubnub project sans any help from PubNub.

Basically, message / chat history is working in version 0.7514

Code:
https://www.unix.com/usercp/#/chatroom

Now, I need to write some hybrid code to show the number of members in the chat, their names, etc. and add more features.

The PubNub folks said doing this in Vue.js is "pioneering" work and few have done it; so I guess after months at it, I'm finally getting caught up to the state-of-the-art (or getting closer),

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Can you embed Skype or any other video chat/chat program into a webpage?

Hi, I am trying to embed Skype or any other video chat/chat program into a webpage. Has anyone had success doing this? or know how? Thanks Phil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Very Funny and Somewhat Amazing 2006 Chat Bot Chat

Working on the badging system, Just found this old thread for 2006 and started reading it. ROTFL ... what a great discussion between forum members and our chat bot Gollum "back in the good old days"... You must check this out if you want a laugh and big smile: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

3. Web Development

Simple Vue.js Component to Redirect to External Web Page Using Vue Router

Vue Router has some quirks and on of the quirks is that it is not reliable when adding external links using the vue-router library. After struggling with many solutions, I have found that creating a simple Vue.js component like this one seems to work the best (so far): Component Example: ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

4. Web Development

Vue JS 2 Tutorial by The Net Ninja: A Recommended Vue.js Video Tutorial Series

A number of people have asked me how to get started with Vue.js and my reply before today was to Google "Vue.js". That has changed and my recommendation to anyone who wants to learn the fastest growing, easiest to learn and use Vue.js web dev framework is to watch this video tutorial series: ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. Web Development

Documenting Installation Problem with vue-beautiful-chat

REF: https://github.com/mattmezza/vue-beautiful-chat $ git clone https://github.com/mattmezza/vue-beautiful-chat.git Cloning into 'vue-beautiful-chat'... remote: Enumerating objects: 534, done. remote: Total 534 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 534 Receiving objects: 100%... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
SENDXMPP(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       SENDXMPP(1)

NAME
sendxmpp - send xmpp messages from the commandline. SYNOPSIS
sendxmpp [options] <recipient1> [<recipient2> ...] sendxmpp --raw [options] DESCRIPTION
sendxmpp is a program to send XMPP (Jabber) messages from the commandline, not unlike mail(1). Messages can be sent both to individual recipients and chatrooms. OPTIONS
-f,--file file Use file configuration file instead of ~/.sendxmpprc -u,--username user Use user instead of the one in the configuration file -p,--password password Use password instead of the one in the configuration file -j,--jserver server Use jabber server instead of the one in the configuration file. -o,--component componentname Use componentname in connect call. Seems needed for Google talk. -r,--resource res Use resource res for the sender [default: 'sendxmpp']; when sending to a chatroom, this determines the 'alias' -t,--tls Connect securely, using TLS -e,--ssl Connect securely, using SSL -l,--headline Backward compatibility option. You should use --message-type=headline instead. Send a headline type message (not stored in offline messages) --messages-type Set type of message. Supported types are: message chat headline. Default message type is message. Headline type message can be set also with --headline option, see --headline -c,--chatroom Send the message to a chatroom -s,--subject subject Set the subject for the message to subject [default: '']; when sending to a chatroom, this will set the subject for the chatroom -m,--message message Read the message from message (a file) instead of stdin -i,--interactive Work in interactive mode, reading lines from stdin and sending the one-at-time -w,--raw Send raw XML message to jabber server -v,--verbose Give verbose output about what is happening -h,--help,--usage Show a 'Usage' message -d,--debug Show debugging info while running. WARNING: This will include passwords etc. so be careful with the output! CONFIGURATION FILE
You may define a '~/.sendxmpprc' file with the necessary data for your xmpp-account, with a line of the format: user@server password componentname e.g.: # my account alice@jabber.org secret ('#' and newlines are allowed like in shellscripts). You can add a host (or IP address) if it is different from the server part of your JID: # account with specific connection host alice@myjabberserver.com;foo.com secret You can also add a port if it is not the standard XMPP port: # account with weird port number alice@myjabberserver.com:1234 secret Of course, you may also mix the two: # account with a specific host and port alice@myjabberserver.com;foo.com:1234 secret NOTE: for your security, sendxmpp demands that the configuration file is owned by you and readable only to you (permissions 600). EXAMPLE
$ echo "hello bob!" | sendxmpp -s hello someone@jabber.org or to send to a chatroom: $ echo "Dinner Time" | sendxmpp -r TheCook --chatroom test2@conference.jabber.org or to send your system logs somewhere, as new lines appear: $ tail -f /var/log/syslog | sendxmpp -i sysadmin@myjabberserver.com NOTE: be careful not the overload public jabber services SEE ALSO
Documentation for the Net::XMPP module The jabber homepage: <http://www.jabber.org/> The sendxmpp homepage: <http://sendxmpp.platon.sk> AUTHOR
sendxmpp has been written by Dirk-Jan C. Binnema <djcb@djcbsoftware.nl>, and uses the Net::XMPP modules written by Ryan Eatmon. Current maintainer is Lubomir Host 'rajo' <rajo AT platon.sk>, <http://rajo.platon.sk> perl v5.12.4 2010-12-31 SENDXMPP(1)