Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [Discussion] AIX future
Operating Systems AIX [Discussion] AIX future Post 303034107 by Phat on Thursday 18th of April 2019 07:34:36 AM
Old 04-18-2019
[Discussion] AIX future

Hello,

Can someone tell me the future of AIX and its popularity? As I know there are not much companies using it and its latest version 7.2 was introduced in the long time. Many colleagues advise not to go further with it?

With my current situation, I have to maintain the environment for customer, so I have to Smilie

Could someone point out some figures about it such as number of companies, the value in the career path? Of course can be estimation.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

vb 3.0 Upgrade Discussion

Please discuss vB 3.0 upgrade or ask questions here. Neo (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
27 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Discussion culture

I want to start a small thread about discussion culture. From the past experience in different fora, I have little hope that any will come out of it. But I'll try it anyway, hoping to contributing to an improvement on the topic. I do not want to discuss a specific technical question, but only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stomp
5 Replies
POPULARITY-CONTEST(8)													     POPULARITY-CONTEST(8)

NAME
popularity-contest - list the most popular Debian packages SYNOPSIS
popularity-contest DESCRIPTION
The popularity-contest command gathers information about Debian packages installed on the system, and prints the name of the most recently used executable program in that package as well as its last-accessed time (atime) and last-attribute-changed time (ctime) to stdout. When aggregated with the output of popularity-contest from many other systems, this information is valuable because it can be used to determine which Debian packages are commonly installed, used, or installed and never used. This helps Debian maintainers make decisions such as which packages should be installed by default on new systems. The resulting statistic is available from the project home page https://popcon.debian.org/. Normally, popularity-contest is run from a cron(8) job, /etc/cron.daily/popularity-contest, which automatically submits the results to Debian package maintainers (only once a week) according to the settings in /etc/popularity-contest.conf and /usr/share/popularity-con- test/default.conf. SEE ALSO
The popularity-contest FAQ at /usr/share/doc/popularity-contest/FAQ popcon-largest-unused(8), cron(8) Additional documentation is in /usr/share/doc/popularity-contest/. AUTHOR
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@debian.org>. Debian/GNU Linux November 2001 POPULARITY-CONTEST(8)