Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Sftp does not work for particular user Post 303034103 by Neo on Thursday 18th of April 2019 06:08:59 AM
Old 04-18-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by makauser
Hi Neo,

We've checked and found keypair was not generated in system.

Are you planning to generate new key pairs and test them to ensure they are working properly?

Or did I misunderstand you?

Last edited by rbatte1; 04-18-2019 at 07:45 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to restrict user to sftp usage?

Hi everyone! I have a problem... I need to restrict user to sftp usage only from one computer to another... I mean that the user cannot login to the computer or even use sftp from other computer only from the one i allow. thanx for the help! (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: eliraza6
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

will sftp work with /bin/false

helo helo I have create user for the group and entry for the user in /etc/passwd file is liek this bhavin:x:2014:109:test:/home/pds_RBAC:/bin/false I have keep here /bin/false now i m accesing user through sftp ow when i access that user using sftp from the another linux pc for e.g... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP or SFTP User

Hello there, is there any command in Unix to check that following ftp user is ftp or sftp user. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahhmedbilal
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP using user id and password

Hi, I am using below syntax - sftp -b passwordfile userid@ipaddress passwordfile is a file, in which I have just kept a password of userid. But by this, an error is coming like - Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive). Please suggest me on this..as I dont... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monalisa
6 Replies

5. AIX

restricting sftp and ssh for a user

I want to know if there is any way to set up a users home directory access with a restricted shell and allow them to SFTP to the directory. I want to allow the user to SSH into their home directory but no where else on the AIX server. I also want the user to be able to SFTP files to their home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP with domain user

Hello Guys, I need help on SFTP from Solaris to Windows. I am doing SFTP from Solaris to Windows and its working fine with COPSSH installed on windows. But when I want to login to windows (remote) with Domain user of windows network, I have no idea how to do it. Can you please help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deei
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sftp user chrooted in a directory

Hello, I have a task to create 3 users that must connect only via sftp on a machine, and must have only read access to a certain directory (thay shouldn;t be able to cd anywhere else) The problem is that the directory where these users must have access to, it's already created/owned by another... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

No shell access to sftp user

I have created two users on our ftp server. They will use sftp to connect this server. But I do not want them to give direct ssh access. If I give /bin/false shell, sftp will not work. If I give /bin/nologin, it fails with below messages # sftp trdeo@bd01.xxx.com Connecting to bd01.xxx.com...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passwordless sftp using a different user than the runtime user

I am running a shell script as user A. In that script I need to execute a sftp that would transfer the file using another user B. I am using the below command: sftp -oPort22 B@remote server However, I am getting password prompts each time. I have done the following: Added the public... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Beginner : sftp doesnt work

Hello, I really appreciate any help on this. Have to connect to external server via sftp. Our server is Linux machine Linux our.server.com 3.10.0-514.26.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jul 4 15:04:05 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I generated the keys, put them in /root/.ssh, sent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: billy5
3 Replies
SFTP-SERVER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    SFTP-SERVER(8)

NAME
sftp-server -- SFTP server subsystem SYNOPSIS
sftp-server [-ehR] [-d start_directory] [-f log_facility] [-l log_level] [-u umask] DESCRIPTION
sftp-server is a program that speaks the server side of SFTP protocol to stdout and expects client requests from stdin. sftp-server is not intended to be called directly, but from sshd(8) using the Subsystem option. Command-line flags to sftp-server should be specified in the Subsystem declaration. See sshd_config(5) for more information. Valid options are: -d start_directory specifies an alternate starting directory for users. The pathname may contain the following tokens that are expanded at runtime: %% is replaced by a literal '%', %h is replaced by the home directory of the user being authenticated, and %u is replaced by the user- name of that user. The default is to use the user's home directory. This option is useful in conjunction with the sshd_config(5) ChrootDirectory option. -e Causes sftp-server to print logging information to stderr instead of syslog for debugging. -f log_facility Specifies the facility code that is used when logging messages from sftp-server. The possible values are: DAEMON, USER, AUTH, LOCAL0, LOCAL1, LOCAL2, LOCAL3, LOCAL4, LOCAL5, LOCAL6, LOCAL7. The default is AUTH. -h Displays sftp-server usage information. -l log_level Specifies which messages will be logged by sftp-server. The possible values are: QUIET, FATAL, ERROR, INFO, VERBOSE, DEBUG, DEBUG1, DEBUG2, and DEBUG3. INFO and VERBOSE log transactions that sftp-server performs on behalf of the client. DEBUG and DEBUG1 are equivalent. DEBUG2 and DEBUG3 each specify higher levels of debugging output. The default is ERROR. -R Places this instance of sftp-server into a read-only mode. Attempts to open files for writing, as well as other operations that change the state of the filesystem, will be denied. -u umask Sets an explicit umask(2) to be applied to newly-created files and directories, instead of the user's default mask. For logging to work, sftp-server must be able to access /dev/log. Use of sftp-server in a chroot configuration therefore requires that syslogd(8) establish a logging socket inside the chroot directory. SEE ALSO
sftp(1), ssh(1), sshd_config(5), sshd(8) T. Ylonen and S. Lehtinen, SSH File Transfer Protocol, draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-00.txt, January 2001, work in progress material. HISTORY
sftp-server first appeared in OpenBSD 2.8. AUTHORS
Markus Friedl <markus@openbsd.org> BSD
January 4, 2013 BSD