Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Sftp does not work for particular user Post 303034100 by Neo on Thursday 18th of April 2019 05:54:23 AM
Old 04-18-2019
Hey Rudi,

That makes sense, since SSH and SFTP both run over the same port 22, as I recall.

Good catch.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to restrict user to sftp usage?

Hi everyone! I have a problem... I need to restrict user to sftp usage only from one computer to another... I mean that the user cannot login to the computer or even use sftp from other computer only from the one i allow. thanx for the help! (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: eliraza6
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

will sftp work with /bin/false

helo helo I have create user for the group and entry for the user in /etc/passwd file is liek this bhavin:x:2014:109:test:/home/pds_RBAC:/bin/false I have keep here /bin/false now i m accesing user through sftp ow when i access that user using sftp from the another linux pc for e.g... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP or SFTP User

Hello there, is there any command in Unix to check that following ftp user is ftp or sftp user. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahhmedbilal
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP using user id and password

Hi, I am using below syntax - sftp -b passwordfile userid@ipaddress passwordfile is a file, in which I have just kept a password of userid. But by this, an error is coming like - Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive). Please suggest me on this..as I dont... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monalisa
6 Replies

5. AIX

restricting sftp and ssh for a user

I want to know if there is any way to set up a users home directory access with a restricted shell and allow them to SFTP to the directory. I want to allow the user to SSH into their home directory but no where else on the AIX server. I also want the user to be able to SFTP files to their home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP with domain user

Hello Guys, I need help on SFTP from Solaris to Windows. I am doing SFTP from Solaris to Windows and its working fine with COPSSH installed on windows. But when I want to login to windows (remote) with Domain user of windows network, I have no idea how to do it. Can you please help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deei
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sftp user chrooted in a directory

Hello, I have a task to create 3 users that must connect only via sftp on a machine, and must have only read access to a certain directory (thay shouldn;t be able to cd anywhere else) The problem is that the directory where these users must have access to, it's already created/owned by another... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

No shell access to sftp user

I have created two users on our ftp server. They will use sftp to connect this server. But I do not want them to give direct ssh access. If I give /bin/false shell, sftp will not work. If I give /bin/nologin, it fails with below messages # sftp trdeo@bd01.xxx.com Connecting to bd01.xxx.com...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passwordless sftp using a different user than the runtime user

I am running a shell script as user A. In that script I need to execute a sftp that would transfer the file using another user B. I am using the below command: sftp -oPort22 B@remote server However, I am getting password prompts each time. I have done the following: Added the public... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Beginner : sftp doesnt work

Hello, I really appreciate any help on this. Have to connect to external server via sftp. Our server is Linux machine Linux our.server.com 3.10.0-514.26.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jul 4 15:04:05 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I generated the keys, put them in /root/.ssh, sent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: billy5
3 Replies
ct_ssh(3erl)						     Erlang Module Definition						      ct_ssh(3erl)

NAME
ct_ssh - SSH/SFTP client module. DESCRIPTION
SSH/SFTP client module. ct_ssh uses the OTP ssh application and more detailed information about e.g. functions, types and options can be found in the documentation for this application. The Server argument in the SFTP functions should only be used for SFTP sessions that have been started on existing SSH connections (i.e. when the original connection type is ssh ). Whenever the connection type is sftp , use the SSH connection reference only. The following options are valid for specifying an SSH/SFTP connection (i.e. may be used as config elements): [{ConnType, Addr}, {port, Port}, {user, UserName} {password, Pwd} {user_dir, String} {public_key_alg, PubKeyAlg} {connect_timeout, Timeout} {key_cb, KeyCallbackMod}] ConnType = ssh | sftp . Please see ssh(3erl) for other types. All timeout parameters in ct_ssh functions are values in milliseconds. DATA TYPES
connection() = handle() | target_name() (see module ct) : handle() = handle() (see module ct_gen_conn) : Handle for a specific SSH/SFTP connection. ssh_sftp_return() = term() : A return value from an ssh_sftp function. EXPORTS
apread(SSH, Handle, Position, Length) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). apread(SSH, Server, Handle, Position, Length) -> term() apwrite(SSH, Handle, Position, Data) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). apwrite(SSH, Server, Handle, Position, Data) -> term() aread(SSH, Handle, Len) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). aread(SSH, Server, Handle, Len) -> term() awrite(SSH, Handle, Data) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). awrite(SSH, Server, Handle, Data) -> term() close(SSH, Handle) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). close(SSH, Server, Handle) -> term() connect(KeyOrName) -> {ok, Handle} | {error, Reason} Equivalent to connect(KeyOrName, host, []) . connect(KeyOrName, ConnType) -> {ok, Handle} | {error, Reason} Equivalent to connect(KeyOrName, ConnType, []) . connect(KeyOrName, ConnType, ExtraOpts) -> {ok, Handle} | {error, Reason} Types KeyOrName = Key | Name Key = atom() Name = target_name() (see module ct) ConnType = ssh | sftp | host ExtraOpts = ssh_connect_options() Handle = handle() Reason = term() Open an SSH or SFTP connection using the information associated with KeyOrName . If Name (an alias name for Key ), is used to identify the connection, this name may be used as connection reference for subsequent calls. It's only possible to have one open connection at a time associated with Name . If Key is used, the returned handle must be used for subsequent calls (multiple connections may be opened using the config data specified by Key ). ConnType will always override the type specified in the address tuple in the configuration data (and in ExtraOpts ). So it is possi- ble to for example open an sftp connection directly using data originally specifying an ssh connection. The value host means the connection type specified by the host option (either in the configuration data or in ExtraOpts ) will be used. ExtraOpts (optional) are extra SSH options to be added to the config data for KeyOrName . The extra options will override any exist- ing options with the same key in the config data. For details on valid SSH options, see the documentation for the OTP ssh applica- tion. del_dir(SSH, Name) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). del_dir(SSH, Server, Name) -> term() delete(SSH, Name) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). delete(SSH, Server, Name) -> term() disconnect(SSH) -> ok | {error, Reason} Types SSH = connection() Reason = term() Close an SSH/SFTP connection. exec(SSH, Command) -> {ok, Data} | {error, Reason} Equivalent to exec(SSH, Command, DefaultTimeout) . exec(SSH, Command, Timeout) -> {ok, Data} | {error, Reason} Types SSH = connection() Command = string() Timeout = integer() Data = list() Reason = term() Requests server to perform Command . A session channel is opened automatically for the request. Data is received from the server as a result of the command. exec(SSH, ChannelId, Command, Timeout) -> {ok, Data} | {error, Reason} Types SSH = connection() ChannelId = integer() Command = string() Timeout = integer() Data = list() Reason = term() Requests server to perform Command . A previously opened session channel is used for the request. Data is received from the server as a result of the command. get_file_info(SSH, Handle) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). get_file_info(SSH, Server, Handle) -> term() list_dir(SSH, Path) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). list_dir(SSH, Server, Path) -> term() make_dir(SSH, Name) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). make_dir(SSH, Server, Name) -> term() make_symlink(SSH, Name, Target) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). make_symlink(SSH, Server, Name, Target) -> term() open(SSH, File, Mode) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). open(SSH, Server, File, Mode) -> term() opendir(SSH, Path) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). opendir(SSH, Server, Path) -> term() position(SSH, Handle, Location) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). position(SSH, Server, Handle, Location) -> term() pread(SSH, Handle, Position, Length) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). pread(SSH, Server, Handle, Position, Length) -> term() pwrite(SSH, Handle, Position, Data) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). pwrite(SSH, Server, Handle, Position, Data) -> term() read(SSH, Handle, Len) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). read(SSH, Server, Handle, Len) -> term() read_file(SSH, File) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). read_file(SSH, Server, File) -> term() read_file_info(SSH, Name) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). read_file_info(SSH, Server, Name) -> term() read_link(SSH, Name) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). read_link(SSH, Server, Name) -> term() read_link_info(SSH, Name) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). read_link_info(SSH, Server, Name) -> term() receive_response(SSH, ChannelId) -> {ok, Data} | {error, Reason} Equivalent to receive_response(SSH, ChannelId, close) . receive_response(SSH, ChannelId, End) -> {ok, Data} | {error, Reason} Equivalent to receive_response(SSH, ChannelId, End, DefaultTimeout) . receive_response(SSH, ChannelId, End, Timeout) -> {ok, Data} | {timeout, Data} | {error, Reason} Types SSH = connection() ChannelId = integer() End = Fun | close | timeout Timeout = integer() Data = list() Reason = term() Receives expected data from server on the specified session channel. If End == close , data is returned to the caller when the channel is closed by the server. If a timeout occurs before this happens, the function returns {timeout,Data} (where Data is the data received so far). If End == timeout , a timeout is expected and {ok,Data} is returned both in the case of a timeout and when the channel is closed. If End is a fun, this fun will be called with one argument - the data value in a received ssh_cm message (see ssh_connection(3erl)). The fun should return true to end the receiv- ing operation (and have the so far collected data returned), or false to wait for more data from the server. (Note that even if a fun is supplied, the function returns immediately if the server closes the channel). rename(SSH, OldName, NewName) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). rename(SSH, Server, OldName, NewName) -> term() send(SSH, ChannelId, Data) -> ok | {error, Reason} Equivalent to send(SSH, ChannelId, 0, Data, DefaultTimeout) . send(SSH, ChannelId, Data, Timeout) -> ok | {error, Reason} Equivalent to send(SSH, ChannelId, 0, Data, Timeout) . send(SSH, ChannelId, Type, Data, Timeout) -> ok | {error, Reason} Types SSH = connection() ChannelId = integer() Type = integer() Data = list() Timeout = integer() Reason = term() Send data to server on specified session channel. send_and_receive(SSH, ChannelId, Data) -> {ok, Data} | {error, Reason} Equivalent to send_and_receive(SSH, ChannelId, Data, close) . send_and_receive(SSH, ChannelId, Data, End) -> {ok, Data} | {error, Reason} Equivalent to send_and_receive(SSH, ChannelId, 0, Data, End, DefaultTimeout) . send_and_receive(SSH, ChannelId, Data, End, Timeout) -> {ok, Data} | {error, Reason} Equivalent to send_and_receive(SSH, ChannelId, 0, Data, End, Timeout) . send_and_receive(SSH, ChannelId, Type, Data, End, Timeout) -> {ok, Data} | {error, Reason} Types SSH = connection() ChannelId = integer() Type = integer() Data = list() End = Fun | close | timeout Timeout = integer() Reason = term() Send data to server on specified session channel and wait to receive the server response. See receive_response/4 for details on the End argument. session_close(SSH, ChannelId) -> ok | {error, Reason} Types SSH = connection() ChannelId = integer() Reason = term() Closes an SSH session channel. session_open(SSH) -> {ok, ChannelId} | {error, Reason} Equivalent to session_open(SSH, DefaultTimeout) . session_open(SSH, Timeout) -> {ok, ChannelId} | {error, Reason} Types SSH = connection() Timeout = integer() ChannelId = integer() Reason = term() Opens a channel for an SSH session. sftp_connect(SSH) -> {ok, Server} | {error, Reason} Types SSH = connection() Server = pid() Reason = term() Starts an SFTP session on an already existing SSH connection. Server identifies the new session and must be specified whenever SFTP requests are to be sent. subsystem(SSH, ChannelId, Subsystem) -> Status | {error, Reason} Equivalent to subsystem(SSH, ChannelId, Subsystem, DefaultTimeout) . subsystem(SSH, ChannelId, Subsystem, Timeout) -> Status | {error, Reason} Types SSH = connection() ChannelId = integer() Subsystem = string() Timeout = integer() Status = success | failure Reason = term() Sends a request to execute a predefined subsystem. write(SSH, Handle, Data) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). write(SSH, Server, Handle, Data) -> term() write_file(SSH, File, Iolist) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). write_file(SSH, Server, File, Iolist) -> term() write_file_info(SSH, Name, Info) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). write_file_info(SSH, Server, Name, Info) -> term() AUTHORS
<> common_test 1.5.3 ct_ssh(3erl)