Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Web development learning thread(Javascript, HTML, CSS, angular, vue.js). Post 303034052 by Neo on Wednesday 17th of April 2019 07:44:32 AM
Old 04-17-2019
Yes, many sites like banks and other web apps do not want a user clicking on the back button and using that page (for a number of reasons), so in that case, .replace() is often the best.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Help with passing HTML values in to JavaScript

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes. I am creating a cheat sheet for co-workers. The concept is that you pick wire size and conduit size and the amount of wires that will fit is displayed. I haven't used alot of drop downs and can't quite figure out the way the get id... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zero3ree
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Javascript or HTML to retrieve apache username

I have a internal wesbite set up and any visitor must enter username / passwd as defined in apache (I've set these up using htpasswd) I use cgi scripts set up using ksh or javascript to populate pages / tables etc. I want to be able to get the apache username that the used authorised... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies

3. Web Development

Learning HTML

I have tried to create a web page browser window. An example, I copied what the book pretty much wanted but get only the header. What should I change? Also Anyone know any good books for this? Many thanks. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Translation/EN" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: N-Training
4 Replies

4. Programming

Looking For the Best Way to Rotate an Image: JavaScript, PHP, HTML etc

Hey All, What I'm looking for is a way to rotate an image by non 90 degree angles (ie 90, 180, 270, 360). I am able to do it in PHP, but there are errors in the image, some pixels end up colored incorrectly and the image ends up resized and I lose transparency. I've done my share of searching on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmd006
1 Replies

5. Web Development

HTML down, CSS help, ahhhh

I am having some problems. I have been able to learn HTML, but when I try and encode CSS, nothing happens, what is the major issue here. <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"> <html> <head> <title>MY CSS</title> <style... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: N-Training
7 Replies

6. Web Development

Simple Vue.js Component to Redirect to External Web Page Using Vue Router

Vue Router has some quirks and on of the quirks is that it is not reliable when adding external links using the vue-router library. After struggling with many solutions, I have found that creating a simple Vue.js component like this one seems to work the best (so far): Component Example: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

7. Web Development

Google Trends: react.js angular.js vue.js

While I'm on the subject of Google trends, here is a global trend since 2004 comparing react.js, angular.js, vue.js It's no secret I'm a vue.js fan and coder, but not because of the trend line (which I just saw for the first time a few minutes ago) My experience is that vue.js, a late arrival... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
tk_dialog(n)						       Tk Built-In Commands						      tk_dialog(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
tk_dialog - Create modal dialog and wait for response SYNOPSIS
tk_dialog window title text bitmap default string string ... _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This procedure is part of the Tk script library. Its arguments describe a dialog box: window Name of top-level window to use for dialog. Any existing window by this name is destroyed. title Text to appear in the window manager's title bar for the dialog. text Message to appear in the top portion of the dialog box. bitmap If non-empty, specifies a bitmap to display in the top portion of the dialog, to the left of the text. If this is an empty string then no bitmap is displayed in the dialog. default If this is an integer greater than or equal to zero, then it gives the index of the button that is to be the default button for the dialog (0 for the leftmost button, and so on). If less than zero or an empty string then there will not be any default button. string There will be one button for each of these arguments. Each string specifies text to display in a button, in order from left to right. After creating a dialog box, tk_dialog waits for the user to select one of the buttons either by clicking on the button with the mouse or by typing return to invoke the default button (if any). Then it returns the index of the selected button: 0 for the leftmost button, 1 for the button next to it, and so on. If the dialog's window is destroyed before the user selects one of the buttons, then -1 is returned. While waiting for the user to respond, tk_dialog sets a local grab. This prevents the user from interacting with the application in any way except to invoke the dialog box. EXAMPLE
set reply [tk_dialog .foo "The Title" "Do you want to say yes?" questhead 0 Yes No "I'm not sure"] SEE ALSO
tk_messageBox(n) KEYWORDS
bitmap, dialog, modal Tk 4.1 tk_dialog(n)