Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Google Trends: UNIX
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Google Trends: UNIX Post 303034017 by Corona688 on Tuesday 16th of April 2019 02:59:10 PM
Old 04-16-2019
Sorry for editing out from under you, I decided not to argue. You quoted probably the most relevant part though.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Helpful Tip: Forcing Google to www.google.com

Helpful Tip! Sometimes when we are in another country, Google redirects our request for www.google.com to: www.google.co.in or to: www.google.co.th If you want to force Google to go to the US site, use: www.google.com/webhp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Google Chrome is blocking access to UNIX.com

For some reason Google Chrome sees unix.com as dangerous and has start to block it. I need to select advanced and continue on own risk. Can you make an effort to remove unix.com form the list of dangerous site from Google. IE has not this problem. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
5 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Google reporting UNIX.com as harmful site

Google is reporting unix.com as harmful site. For example, if one types site:unix.com php into the Google search box, Google says Migration of website... PHP/Mysql -which path for DB.php - The ... This site may harm your computer. 7 posts - 3 authors - May 28 Hi, I have two websites:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
6 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Any Google SEO Expert to Help UNIX.COM?

I checked (again) and it seems like we lost 70% of our Google indexed links starting in March 2018. So far, I do not know what caused this drop: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture904.png As mentioned, I have done a lot of checking, and we did not make any changes in March of... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. Web Development

Google Trends: react.js angular.js vue.js

While I'm on the subject of Google trends, here is a global trend since 2004 comparing react.js, angular.js, vue.js It's no secret I'm a vue.js fan and coder, but not because of the trend line (which I just saw for the first time a few minutes ago) My experience is that vue.js, a late arrival... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX.com is getting crushed in google search these days

For over a decade, unix.com has been in the top tier for search referrals. The keyword "unix" used to rank #4, and when it was down, it was #9. At times, we were close to #2 on Google for the "unix" keyword. Now, in some geos (in the US for example yesterday), in Google search the "unix"... (28 Replies)
28 Replies
LESSECHO(1)						      General Commands Manual						       LESSECHO(1)

NAME
lessecho - expand metacharacters SYNOPSIS
lessecho [-ox] [-cx] [-pn] [-dn] [-mx] [-nn] [-ex] [-a] file ... DESCRIPTION
lessecho is a program that simply echos its arguments on standard output. But any argument containing metacharacters specified by options below is quoted. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -ox Specifies "x" to be the open quote character. -cx Specifies "x" to be the close quote character. -pn Specifies "n" to be the open quote character, as an integer. -dn Specifies "n" to be the close quote character, as an integer. -mx Specifies "x" to be a metachar. -nn Specifies "n" to be a metachar, as an integer. -ex Specifies "x" to be the escape char for metachars. -fn Specifies "n" to be the escape char for metachars, as an integer. -a Specifies that all arguments are to be quoted. The default is that only arguments containing spaces are quoted. SEE ALSO
less(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Thomas Schoepf <schoepf@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Send bug reports or comments to bug-less@gnu.org. Version 436: 07 Jul 2009 LESSECHO(1)