Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to copy a column of multiple files and paste into new excel file (next to column)? Post 303033826 by dineshkumarsrk on Friday 12th of April 2019 07:21:44 AM
Old 04-12-2019
Dear Singh,
I am not getting output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

paste each 10 lines of single column to several column

Hi, I need to paste each 10 lines of single column to several columns. Please, can anyone tell me how to write in awk? Input File: 22 34 36 12 17 19 15 11 89 99 56 38 29 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nica
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a column and paste to other file question

Please help me. This is simple, but urgent problem for me. :( I have a two files file1 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 ..... file2 11 12 13 14 15 11 12 13 14 15 11 12 13 14 15 ..... 1) I hope to make a new file, file 3, that consists of 2nd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: exsonic
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copy a column to another column in UNIX fixedwidth file

Hi All, I have a fixedwidth file of length 3000. Now i want to copy a column of 4 chars i.e( length 1678-1681) to column 1127 – 1171 to the same file. Please let me know how can i achive using a single command in fixed width file. Also source column length is 4 chars and target column length... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranparsha
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Paste column from one file as column of

Any shortcuts for doing this? I need to cut the column 4 values from File1 and paste them as column4 values of File2, but only for the (first) same number of lines as File1 . All rows in File1 are contained in File2 in the exact same order, so the cut paste should work. File1 (with header and 3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with awk (fatal error) and paste (two variables into one column-by-column)

Hello, I have a script extracting columns of useful numbers from a data file, and manipulating the numbers with awk commands. I have problems with my script... 1. There are two lines assigning numbers to $BaseForAveraging. If I use the commented line (the first one) and let the second one... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vgbraymond
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paste columns based on common column: multiple files

Hi all, I've multiple files. In this case 5. Space separated columns. Each file has 12 columns. Each file has 300-400K lines. I want to get the output such that if a value in column 2 is present in all the files then get all the columns of that value and print it side by side. Desired output... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: genome
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Locate the files in the first column and copy the files in 2nd column

#cat data.txt file1 folder1 file2 thisforfile2 file3 thisfolderforfile3 lata4 folder4 step 1: create the folder first in column 2 for i in `awk '{print $2}' data.txt` do mkdir /home/data/$i done step 2: locate the files in column1 and stored them into a file for i in... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
17 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to insert data into black column( Secound Column ) in excel (.XLSX) file using shell script?

Source Code of the original script is down below please run the script and try to solve this problem this is my data and I want it column wise 2019-03-20 13:00:00:000 2019-03-20 15:00:00:000 1 Operating System LAB 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shubham1182
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to copy particular files from a multiple directories and paste in a new directory?

Dear all I have a multiple directories, say for example org1, org2, org3 ..... org100 and each directory having a file namely dnaG.fasta. I need to copy all the dnaG.fasta file from each directory and paste in another directory fastconcatg. Therefore, my script has to copy dnaG.fasta file from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy files if column 5 in a file contains ā€œVā€

I have number of csv files (like tmo_2019*). In these files some files have 5th column value as V. I want to copy those files having 5th column value as V to specific directory /test/V_files/. I tried to extract file names by below but not able to complete command for copy. find -type f -iname... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bops
4 Replies
KDOC(1) 						     KDOC Documentation System							   KDOC(1)

NAME
KDOC -- Programmers' Documentation Extraction and Generation Tool SYNOPSIS
kdoc [-DqpieaP] [-f format] [-n libname] [-d outdir] [-u url] [-l lib] kdoc [--help] kdoc [--version] DESCRIPTION
KDOC uses specially formatted comments in your C++ headers and CORBA IDL files to create cross-referenced documentation in various formats. KDOC can also correctly handle "signal" and "slot" specifiers as used by the Qt GUI Toolkit. EXAMPLES
kdoc -f html -d /home/web/komdoc -n kom *.idl kdoc -d /home/web/kdecore -u "http://www.mydomain/kdecore/" -n kdecore ~/kdelibs/kdecore/*.h -lqt OPTIONS
--stdin, -i Read the filenames to process from standard input. Ignored if filenames are specified at the command line. --format <string>, -f <string> Generate output in the specific format. This can be used many times to generate documentation in multiple formats. The default format is "html". See the OUTPUT FORMAT OPTIONS section for a list of available formats. --outputdir <path>, -d <path> Write output in the specified path. --url <url>, -u <url> The URL which will be used for links when cross-referencing with this library. --name <string>, -n <string> Set the name of the library being processed, eg "kdecore" If no name is set, no index file is produced. --xref <library>, -l <library> Cross-reference with the specified library. This will allow referencing of classes etc that exist in the linked library. This option can be specified multiple times. For linking to work, you need to have generated documentation for the linked library with kdoc, so that the necessary index file is produced. --libdir <path>, -L <path> Set the directory that will be used to store the index files generated for cross-referencing. This is also used to search for index files for xref. The default is $HOME/.kdoc. If multiple paths are specified, each will be searched in order of specification on the command line. Unless --liboutdir is specified (see below), the generated .kdoc file will be written to the first path specified with this option. --liboutdir <path> Set the directory where newly created xref libraries (see above) will be written. The default is the libdir. --compress, -z Compress generated KDOC index files with gzip to save space. --private, -p Document all private members. These are not documented by default. --skip-internal, -i Do not document internal members. They are documented as internal by default. --skip-deprecated, -e Do not document deprecated members. They are documented as deprecated by default. --strip-h-path Strip the path from the filenames in the output. PREPROCESSOR OPTIONS
--cpp, -P Pass each source file through the C preprocessor. Currently g++ is required for this, but this requirement will change before 2.0. Directories for inclusion in the preprocessor header search path can be specified via the -I option. --docincluded Parse files that are included by the preprocessor #include macro. This is off by default. -cppcmd <command>, -C <command> Specify the preprocessor command that will be used. The default is: g++ -Wp,-C -E All specified -I paths will be appended to the command. This option quietly enables the -P option. --includedir <path>, -I <path> Add a directory to the preprocessor's header search paths. Requires the -P option. This option can be specified multiple times. OUTPUT FORMAT OPTIONS
html Output documentation in HTML format. This is the default. latex Output documentation as a LaTeX document. man Output documentation as man pages. texinfo Output documentation in texinfo format. You must set the library name with the -n option for the output to be generated. docbook Output documentation in the DocBook SGML format. You must set the library name with the -n option for the output to be generated. check Print a report about the documentation, eg undocumented classes and functions. Output format modifiers --html-css <url> In HTML format, the stylesheet specified by this option will be used by the generated documentation. --html-cols <1, 2 ..> In HTML format, set the number of columns for the Class Index. --html-logo <image url> In HTML format, specify the logo image to display on every page. It will appear to the left of the quick links. CROSS-REFERENCING LIBRARIES FILES
*.kdoc, *.kdoc.gz These are files that contain information about a library that has been processed with kdoc. It is read for cross-referencing with other libraries when the -l option is used. The .gz extension signifies gzipped cross-reference files. kdoc is capable of reading these, and generates them when the -z option is used. ENVIRONMENT
KDOCLIBS If this is set, it is used as the default for the directory where generated cross-reference index files are saved. See also the --lib- dir option. SEE ALSO
See qt2kdoc for info on linking with the Qt docs, and makekdedoc for info on generating documentation for the KDE libraries. BUGS
Lots and Lots. Please send reports to the address kdoc@kde.org. AUTHOR
Sirtaj Singh Kang <taj@kde.org>. KDOC has a web page at: http://www.ph.unimelb.edu.au/~ssk/kde/kdoc COPYRIGHT
The KDOC tool is Copyright (c) 1998 by Sirtaj Singh Kang. KDOC is free software under the conditions of the GNU Public License. 2.0a54 2001-05-20 KDOC(1)