Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using color in scripts
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Using color in scripts Post 303033807 by drew77 on Thursday 11th of April 2019 09:07:36 PM
Old 04-11-2019
I know you are catching some zzzs, so maybe someone else can solve a mystery.

I have no Colour_test.sh.

Where did that come from?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Text color in Linux scripts via putty

hi Folks, Can anyone help with changing the color of the words in a linux shell script? I get how to change default background etc in putty, but for some reason the text in the script has different colors for different parts of the cript. Is there a way to have one color in a linux shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyd
5 Replies
sigsuspend(2)							   System Calls 						     sigsuspend(2)

NAME
sigsuspend - install a signal mask and suspend caller until signal SYNOPSIS
#include <signal.h> int sigsuspend(const sigset_t *set); DESCRIPTION
The sigsuspend() function replaces the caller's signal mask with the set of signals pointed to by the set argument and suspends the caller until delivery of a signal whose action is either to execute a signal catching function or to terminate the process. If the set argument points to an invalid address, the behavior is undefined and errno may be set to EFAULT. If the action is to terminate the process, sigsuspend() does not return. If the action is to execute a signal catching function, sigsus- pend() returns after the signal catching function returns. On return, the signal mask is restored to the set that existed before the call to sigsuspend(). It is not possible to block signals that cannot be ignored (see signal.h(3HEAD)). This restriction is silently imposed by the system. RETURN VALUES
Since sigsuspend() suspends the caller's execution indefinitely, there is no successful completion return value. On failure, it returns -1 and sets errno to indicate the error. ERRORS
The sigsuspend() function will fail if: EINTR A signal was caught by the caller and control was returned from the signal catching function. The sigsuspend() function may fail if: EFAULT The set argument points to an illegal address. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sigaction(2), sigprocmask(2), sigwait(2), signal(3C), signal.h(3HEAD), sigsetops(3C), attributes(5) NOTES
If the caller specifies more than one unblocked signal in the mask to sigsuspend(), more than one signal might be processed before the call to sigsuspend() returns. While the caller is executing the signal handler that interrupted its call to sigsuspend(), its signal mask is the one passed to sigsus- pend(), modified as usual by the signal mask specification in the signal's sigaction(2) parameters. The caller's signal mask is not restored to its previous value until the caller returns from all the signal handlers that interrupted sigsuspend(). SunOS 5.10 24 Jun 2001 sigsuspend(2)