Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using color in scripts
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Using color in scripts Post 303033804 by wisecracker on Thursday 11th of April 2019 07:08:41 PM
Old 04-11-2019
I had to change my-hilite to ./my-hilite as I ran both files from my current directory:

My terminal is the default Apple Macbook Pro OSX 10.14.3, a derivative of xterm IIRC.

I called the first file 'Colour_test.sh' and the second 'my-hilite' see attached image.
The code works perfectly.

EDIT:
It's late here.
Goodnight all...
Using color in scripts-colourspng

Last edited by wisecracker; 04-11-2019 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: See EDIT:

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Text color in Linux scripts via putty

hi Folks, Can anyone help with changing the color of the words in a linux shell script? I get how to change default background etc in putty, but for some reason the text in the script has different colors for different parts of the cript. Is there a way to have one color in a linux shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyd
5 Replies
initctl2dot(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    initctl2dot(8)

NAME
initctl2dot - manual page for initctl2dot SYNOPSIS
initctl2dot [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Convert initctl(8) output to GraphViz dot(1) format. With no options, initctl(8) will be invoked automatically and the output written to file upstart.dot. OPTIONS
-h Display usage statement. -f INFILE , --infile=INFILE File to read initctl(8) output from ("initctl show-config -e"). If not specified, initctl(8) will be run automatically. -w OUTFILE , --outfile=OUTFILE File to write output to. -r RESTRICTIONS , --restrict-to-jobs=RESTRICTIONS Limit display of start on and stop on conditions to comma-separated list of jobs. --color-emits=COLOR_EMITS Specify color for 'emits' lines. --color-start-on=COLOR_START_ON Specify color for 'start on' lines. --color-stop-on=COLOR_STOP_ON Specify color for 'stop on' lines. --color-event=COLOR_EVENT Specify color for event boxes. --color-text=COLOR_TEXT Specify color for summary text. --color-bg=COLOR_BG Specify background color for diagram. --color-event-text=COLOR_EVENT_TEXT Specify color for text in event boxes. --color-job-text=COLOR_JOB_TEXT Specify color for text in job boxes. --color-job=COLOR_JOB Specify color for job boxes. AUTHOR
Written by James Hunt <james.hunt@ubuntu.com> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs at <https://launchpad.net/upstart/+bugs> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Canonical Ltd. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
init(8) initctl(8) Upstart 2011-03-07 initctl2dot(8)