Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using color in scripts
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Using color in scripts Post 303033801 by drew77 on Thursday 11th of April 2019 06:39:11 PM
Old 04-11-2019
Did so.

Code:
-----
 Results, file missing:

-----
 Results, file missing:

-----
 Results, file missing:

-----
 Results, file missing:

-----
 Results, file missing:

/home/andy/bin/my-hilite: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable

And I have a runnaway script. :-)

I use the Mate-Terminal.

What terminal have you tested it on?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Text color in Linux scripts via putty

hi Folks, Can anyone help with changing the color of the words in a linux shell script? I get how to change default background etc in putty, but for some reason the text in the script has different colors for different parts of the cript. Is there a way to have one color in a linux shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyd
5 Replies
POE::Resource(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					POE::Resource(3pm)

NAME
POE::Resource - internal resource managers for POE::Kernel SYNOPSIS
Varies, although most POE::Resource subclasses do not have public APIs. DESCRIPTION
POE manages several types of information internally. Its Resource classes are mix-ins designed to manage those types of information behind tidy, mostly private interfaces. This was done to facilitate testing and a conversion to C without the need to port POE::Kernel all at once. POE::Resource subclasses are generally different from one another, but there are some similarities to note. Every resource should have an initializer and finalizer method. Initializers set up initial data and link resources into POE::Kernel. Finalizers clean up any remaining data and verify that each resource subsystem was left in a consistent state. One common theme in resource implementations is that they don't need to perform much error checking, if any. Resource methods are used internally by POE::Kernel and/or POE::API classes, so it's up to them to ensure correct usage. Resource methods follow the naming convention _data_???_activity, where ??? is an abbreviation for the type of resource it belongs to: POE::Resource::Events _data_ev_initialize POE::Resource::FileHandles _data_handle_initialize POE::Resource::Signals _data_sig_initialize Finalizer methods end in "_finalize". _data_ev_finalize _data_handle_finalize _data_sig_finalize Finalizers return true if a resource shut down cleanly, or false if there were inconsistencies or leaks during end-of-run checking. The t/res/*.t tests rely on these return values. SEE ALSO
POE::Resource::Aliases, POE::Resource::Events, POE::Resource::Extrefs, POE::Resource::FileHandles, POE::Resource::SIDs, POE::Resource::Sessions, POE::Resource::Signals Also see "Resources" in POE::Kernel for for public information about POE resources. BUGS
None known. AUTHORS &; LICENSING Please see POE for more information about its authors, contributors, and licensing. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-15 POE::Resource(3pm)