Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Extract date and time part from filename Post 303033745 by Prathmesh on Thursday 11th of April 2019 05:37:17 AM
Old 04-11-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
So you want to print out info ACROSS lines, i.e. in line 1 should appear info about field 4 of line 1 and 2, and in line2 there should be info on field 5 of line 1 and 2? What if more lines will appear, i.e. line3, line 4, etc.? Where and how should those infos be printed?

Hi RudiC,

Let me explain why and what I am looking exactly.

For input file RECORD, earlier code provided by you provides below output -

Input File -
Code:
$ cat RECORD
SOURCE|LOGIN|SERVER|ABC_123_YYYYMMDD_V01P1234YYMMDDHHMISS.txt|ABC_123_V01P.YYYYMMDD.HHMISS.txt|CATEGORY
SOURCE|LOGIN|SERVER|P_XYZ_1234_ABCD.YYYYMMDD.HHMISS.csv|Report.ABCD_csv.YYYYMMDD.HHMISS.csv|CATEGORY
$

Output -
Code:
SOURCE|LOGIN|SERVER|ABC_123_YYYYMMDD_V01P1234YYMMDDHHMISS.txt|ABC_123_V01P.YYYYMMDD.HHMISS.txt|CATEGORY|9|8|YYYYMMDD|........|%Y%m%d|26|6|YYMMDD|......|%y%m%d|32|6|HHMISS|......|%H%M%S|14|8|YYYYMMDD|........|%Y%m%d|23|6|HHMISS|......|%H%M%S
SOURCE|LOGIN|SERVER|P_XYZ_1234_ABCD.YYYYMMDD.HHMISS.csv|Report.ABCD_csv.YYYYMMDD.HHMISS.csv|CATEGORY|17|8|YYYYMMDD|........|%Y%m%d|26|6|HHMISS|......|%H%M%S|17|8|YYYYMMDD|........|%Y%m%d|26|6|HHMISS|......|%H%M%S

Here, As you can see in input file for 1st record column 4 filename is ABC_123_YYYYMMDD_V01P1234YYMMDDHHMISS.txt which contains 2 date values (as specified in date_format.csv) and 1 time value (as specified in timestamp_format.csv).
For 2nd record column 4 filename is P_XYZ_1234_ABCD.YYYYMMDD.HHMISS.csv which contains 1 date value (as specified in date_format.csv) and 1 time value (as specified in timestamp_format.csv).

Similarly, For column 5 we have different number of date/time values. Which results in different number of columns in output depending on number of date/time values in filename. Hence, It is difficult to identify exact position of date/time variables for column 4 and 5.

For this reason, I was thinking of adding 4 more columns in output which will help me to identify how much date/time variables present in column 4 and 5.
Code:
SOURCE|LOGIN|SERVER|ABC_123_YYYYMMDD_V01P1234YYMMDDHHMISS.txt|ABC_123_V01P.YYYYMMDD.HHMISS.txt|CATEGORY|2|1|1|1
SOURCE|LOGIN|SERVER|P_XYZ_1234_ABCD.YYYYMMDD.HHMISS.csv|Report.ABCD_csv.YYYYMMDD.HHMISS.csv|CATEGORY|1|1|1|1

Here, For 1st output record, 2|1|1|1
-- 2 represents number of date variables in columns 4 as specified in date_format.csv
-- 1 represents number of time variables in columns 4 as specified in timestamp_format.csv
-- 1 represents number of date variables in columns 5 as specified in date_format.csv
-- 1 represents number of time variables in columns 5 as specified in timestamp_format.csv
For 2nd output record, 1|1|1|1
-- 1 represents number of date variables in columns 4 as specified in date_format.csv
-- 1 represents number of time variables in columns 4 as specified in timestamp_format.csv
-- 1 represents number of date variables in columns 5 as specified in date_format.csv
-- 1 represents number of time variables in columns 5 as specified in timestamp_format.csv

Hope this clarifies why I am looking for this. It will be even better if we can use our earlier code and produce output as below -
Code:
SOURCE|LOGIN|SERVER|ABC_123_YYYYMMDD_V01P1234YYMMDDHHMISS.txt|ABC_123_V01P.YYYYMMDD.HHMISS.txt|CATEGORY|2|1|1|1|9|8|YYYYMMDD|........|%Y%m%d|26|6|YYMMDD|......|%y%m%d|32|6|HHMISS|......|%H%M%S|14|8|YYYYMMDD|........|%Y%m%d|23|6|HHMISS|......|%H%M%S
SOURCE|LOGIN|SERVER|P_XYZ_1234_ABCD.YYYYMMDD.HHMISS.csv|Report.ABCD_csv.YYYYMMDD.HHMISS.csv|CATEGORY|1|1|1|1|17|8|YYYYMMDD|........|%Y%m%d|26|6|HHMISS|......|%H%M%S|17|8|YYYYMMDD|........|%Y%m%d|26|6|HHMISS|......|%H%M%S

Here, column 7,8,9 and 10 will serve the same purpose as mentioned above to represent number of date/time variables in column 4 and 5 respectively.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Insert date/time within a filename

Hi Guys, I need to script the renaming of files as followins: files: firstjd secondjo thirdjv My script needs to insert the date/time infront of the last 2 characters of the filenames above, any ideas greatly received :) the letters before the last 2 characters could change, I'm only... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooperman
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract date from filename and create a new file

Hi, i have a filename CRED20102009.txt in a server 20102009 is the date of the file ddmmaaaa format the complete route is /dprod/informatica/Fuentes/CRED20102009.csv i want to extract the date to create a new file named Parameters.txt I need to create Parameters.txt with this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel1001
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to update date part with new increment date time

hi experts, my requirement is like this i need to develop a shell script to update date part with new incremental date time in file some 'X' which is kept at some server location incrementing every two hours.as i am new to this scripting i need support from u people,thanx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amanmro
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract date from filename and set timestamp

I have lots of files in this format: dvgrab-2003.06.29_15-30-24.mpg The numbers represents the date and time (YYYY.MM.DD_HH-MM-SS) How can I extract the dates from the filenames, and use the dates in the file timestamp? I guess this can be done by using "find", "sed" and "touch"? Can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty1234
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

append a filename with system date and time

Hi, There are similar kind of posts, but none seems like working for me. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I need append/rename file abc.txt with file processed date and time like abc_systemdatetimestamp.txt and move it to different folder. for example I have /source/data/abc.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amsn08
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My Requirement: 1) There are some set of files in a directory like given below OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_acc.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_faf.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_prom.csv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

7. Programming

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My code: if then set "subscriber" "promplan" "mapping" "dedicatedaccount" "faflistSub" "faflistAcc" "accumulator"\ "pam_account"; for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8;... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a part of a filename containing a particular word

Hi All, Thanks in Advance Shell Script or Perl Script I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My Requirement: 1) There are some set of files in a directory like given below OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_acc.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_faf.csv... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract Date part from the filename

Hi All, I have incoming source files abcmmyy.txt I need to extract the mmyy part from the filename and pass that to a variable . I really appreciate your quick response on this. Thanks raj (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeevm
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extract date and time from filename?

Hi, I'm totally new in sell script and working with a shell code. I want to extract the date and time from the filenames. The filenames are different but all of them begins with WI_ SCOPE_: WI_SCOPE_DATA_CHANGE_2017-09-12_15-30-40.txt WI_SCOPE_BACK_COMPLETE_QUEUE_2017-09-12_15-31-40.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Home
5 Replies