Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Virsh edit xml changes are lost Post 303033632 by Paras Pandey on Tuesday 9th of April 2019 10:18:25 AM
Old 04-09-2019
Virsh edit xml changes are lost

Using 'virsh edit ' command I tried to edit the xml file for a specific guest . I wanted to add serial ttyS0 for the guest machine, but I found that after using virsh edit then inserted below lines just before '<devices>' keyword I saved the file using ':wq!' (vi editor style) and booted the guest again but there is no impact. Also the changes I made in the xml does nt stay , it is lost immediately , I am editing the file with root as the user.

Code:
`<serial type='pty'>`

`<target port='0'/>`

`</serial>`

`<console type='pty'>`

`<target type='serial' port='0'/>`

`</console>`
</devices>

</domain>

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Lost Data Lost Admin

First time so excuse my ignorance please. I may not be accurately describing the issue. I have inherited a small lab mostly SUN V120s. We lost power and are trying to recover. Nope no backups... The primary issue I have is 1 box is an Oracle Server. It has 2 36Gb harddrives. I am able to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphsr
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through text file > Copy Folder > Edit XML files in bulk?

I have a text file which contains lines in this format - it contains 105 lines in total, but I'm just putting 4 here to keep it short: 58571,east_ppl_ppla_por 58788,east_pcy_hd_por 58704,east_pcy_ga_por 58697,east_pcy_pcybs_por It's called id_key.txt I have a sample folder called... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: biscuitcreek
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shellscripting to edit xml file

I have an xml file where every line which has the word CDATA in it follows this pattern (line number) <word1><!]></>I need only these lines editing so that the end result is that (line number) <word1><!]></word1>so it copies the first bit to the end. Anyone know how I can do this I am... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: legolad
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plus edit and edit header

Dear Masters, i have a problem with unix script, till now i just know about how to create header. i want to change file below -63395.2 72653.5 -63361.3 72696.0 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ipatah
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command to compare two xml lines while ignoring xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : HTML Code: <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a single xml file into multiple xml files

Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Sample.xml consists multiple headers so how can we split these multiple headers into multiple files in unix. eg : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ml:individual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narendra921631
3 Replies
PDB_ODSAM(8)															      PDB_ODSAM(8)

NAME
pdb_odsam - Open Directory account information database for smbd SYNOPSIS
The pdb_odsam plugin is the default account information database backend used on Mac OS X. It makes users and groups record from Open Directory available to Samba. idmap_odsam should always be used in conjunction with the odsam passdb backend. OPTIONS
odsam: map guest to guest = BOOL If this is true (the default), pdb_odsam map the literal username "guest" to the configured guest account. This makes "guest" an alias for the configured guest account regardless of whether an account named "guest" exists or not. odsam: msglevel = LEVEL LEVEL is the integer log level at which pdb_odsam should emit log messages. The lower LEVEL is, the more verbose the log messages. odsam: traceall = BOOL If this is true, pdb_odsam will emit log messages for all Open Directory calls. If it is false (the default), it will only log errors. EXAMPLES
[global] idmap domain = default idmap config default:default = yes idmap config default:backend = odsam idmap alloc backend = odsam passdb backend = odsam odsam: msglevel = 0 # Log at debugging levels odsam: traceall = no # Do not trace Open Directory calls BUGS
Please report bugs to Apple. SEE ALSO
DirectoryService(8), smb.conf(5), smbd(8) PDB_ODSAM(8)