Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pass an array to awk to sequentially look for a list of items in a file Post 303033579 by vgersh99 on Monday 8th of April 2019 03:16:20 PM
Old 04-08-2019
something to start with and improve upon...
assuming all the statistics are displayed in the same order in a file AND across the files:
awk -f lmh.awk myFiles where lmh.awk is:
Code:
FNR==1 {if (stat) print file OFS stat; file=FILENAME;stat=""; next}
!/statistics/{
   stat=(!stat)? $2:stat OFS $2
}
END {
   print file OFS stat
}

Last edited by vgersh99; 04-08-2019 at 06:49 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass array variabel to awk from shell

Hi I need to pass an array to Awk script from Shell. Can you please tell how to do it? How to pass this array add_ct_arr to an awk script or access it in awk? i=1 while ; do add_ct_arr=$(echo ${adda_count} | awk -v i=$i -F" " '{print $i;}') echo ${add_ct_arr} ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: appsguy616
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

hw to insert array values sequentially in a file

Hi All :), I am very new to unix. I am requiring ur help in developing shell script for below problem. I have to replace the second field of file with values of array sequentially where first field is ValidateKeepVar <File> UT-ExtractField 1 | &LogEntry &Keep(DatatoValidate)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohiiit.sharma
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk between items including items

OS=HP-UX ksh The following works, except I want to include the <start> and <end> in the output. awk -F '<start>' 'BEGIN{RS="<end>"; OFS="\n"; ORS=""} {print $2} somefile.log' The following work in bash but not in ksh sed -n '/^<start>/,/^<end>/{/LABEL$/!p}' somefile.log (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass awk array variable to shell

Hi, all suppose I have following myfile (delimited by tab) aa bb cc dd ee ffand I have following awk command: awk 'BEGIN{FS="\t"}{AwkArrayVar_1=$1;AwkArrayVar_2=$2};END{for(i=0; i<NR; i++) print i, AwkArrayVar_1, AwkArrayVar_2,}' myfileMy question is: how can I assign the awk array... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] awk command to read sequentially from a file until last record

Hello, I have a file that looks like this: Generated geometry (...some special descriptor) 1 0.56784 1.45783 -0.87965 8 1.29873 -0.8767 1.098789 ... ... ... ... Generated geometry (....come special descriptor) ... .... ... ... ... ... ... ... and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaldo0805
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass an array containing file names to a sftp script?

hi, i want to pass an array parameters to a sftp script so that i can transfer each file in the array to the remote server by connecting only once to the sftp remote server. i thought of using a variable that contains list of file names separated by a space and pass the variable to the sftp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split list of files into an array and pass to function

There are two parts to this. In the first part I need to read a list of files from a directory and split it into 4 arrays. I have done that with the following code, # collect list of file names STATS_INPUT_FILENAMES=($(ls './'$SET'/'$FOLD'/'*'in.txt')) # get number of files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to delete items in an array from a file

I need to create a shell script to delete multiple items (Strings) at a time from a file. I need to iterate through a list of strings. My plan is to create an array and then iterate through the array. My code is not working #!/bin/bash -x declare -a array=(one, two, three, four)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a lis, find items in a file from the list, change each item

Hello, I have some tab delimited text data, file: final_temp1 aname val NAME;r'(1,) 3.28584 r'(2,)<tab> NAME;r'(3,) 6.13003 NAME;r'(4,) 4.18037 r'(5,)<tab> You can see that the data is incomplete in some cases. There is a trailing tab after the first column for each incomplete row. I... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to process a list of items and uncomment lines with that item in a second file

Hello, I have a src code file where I need to uncomment many lines. The lines I need to uncomment look like, C CALL l_r(DESNAME,DESOUT, 'Gmax', ESH(10), NO_APP, JJ) The comment is the "C" in the first column. This needs to be deleted so that there are 6 spaces preceding "CALL".... (7 Replies)
7 Replies
STAT(3) 								 1								   STAT(3)

stat - Gives information about a file

SYNOPSIS
array stat (string $filename) DESCRIPTION
Gathers the statistics of the file named by $filename. If $filename is a symbolic link, statistics are from the file itself, not the sym- link. lstat(3) is identical to stat(3) except it would instead be based off the symlinks status. PARAMETERS
o $filename - Path to the file. RETURN VALUES
stat(3) and fstat(3) result format +--------+--------------------------------------+---+ |Numeric | | | | | | | | | Associative | | | | | | | | Description | | | | | | +--------+--------------------------------------+---+ | 0 | | | | | | | | | dev | | | | | | | | device number | | | | | | | 1 | | | | | | | | | ino | | | | | | | | inode number * | | | | | | | 2 | | | | | | | | | mode | | | | | | | | inode protection mode | | | | | | | 3 | | | | | | | | | nlink | | | | | | | | number of links | | | | | | | 4 | | | | | | | | | uid | | | | | | | | userid of owner * | | | | | | | 5 | | | | | | | | | gid | | | | | | | | groupid of owner * | | | | | | | 6 | | | | | | | | | rdev | | | | | | | | device type, if inode device | | | | | | | 7 | | | | | | | | | size | | | | | | | | size in bytes | | | | | | | 8 | | | | | | | | | atime | | | | | | | | time of last access (Unix timestamp) | | | | | | | 9 | | | | | | | | | mtime | | | | | | | | time of last modification (Unix | | | | timestamp) | | | | | | | 10 | | | | | | | | | ctime | | | | | | | | time of last inode change (Unix | | | | timestamp) | | | | | | | 11 | | | | | | | | | blksize | | | | | | | | blocksize of filesystem IO ** | | | | | | | 12 | | | | | | | | | blocks | | | | | | | | number of 512-byte blocks allocated | | | | ** | | | | | | +--------+--------------------------------------+---+ * On Windows this will always be 0. ** Only valid on systems supporting the st_blksize type - other systems (e.g. Windows) return -1. In case of error, stat(3) returns FALSE. Note Because PHP's integer type is signed and many platforms use 32bit integers, some filesystem functions may return unexpected results for files which are larger than 2GB. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Upon failure, an E_WARNING is emitted. EXAMPLES
Example #1 stat(3) example <?php /* Get file stat */ $stat = stat('C:phpphp.exe'); /* * Print file access time, this is the same * as calling fileatime() */ echo 'Access time: ' . $stat['atime']; /* * Print file modification time, this is the * same as calling filemtime() */ echo 'Modification time: ' . $stat['mtime']; /* Print the device number */ echo 'Device number: ' . $stat['dev']; ?> Example #2 Using stat(3) information together with touch(3) <?php /* Get file stat */ $stat = stat('C:phpphp.exe'); /* Did we failed to get stat information? */ if (!$stat) { echo 'stat() call failed...'; } else { /* * We want the access time to be 1 week * after the current access time. */ $atime = $stat['atime'] + 604800; /* Touch the file */ if (!touch('some_file.txt', time(), $atime)) { echo 'Failed to touch file...'; } else { echo 'touch() returned success...'; } } ?> NOTES
Note Note that time resolution may differ from one file system to another. Note The results of this function are cached. See clearstatcache(3) for more details. Tip As of PHP 5.0.0, this function can also be used with some URL wrappers. Refer to "Supported Protocols and Wrappers" to determine which wrappers support stat(3) family of functionality. SEE ALSO
lstat(3), fstat(3), filemtime(3), filegroup(3). PHP Documentation Group STAT(3)