Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Countdown timer with seconds
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Countdown timer with seconds Post 303033511 by drew77 on Sunday 7th of April 2019 06:55:34 AM
Old 04-07-2019
Your cutdowns add nothing.

If it bothers you so much, I recommend not responding.

I am not perfect and neither are you.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script - loop to countdown

I am taking a class in UNIX and have written a script that needs to countdown from a number that is read in from the keyboard to zero. If no number is given the start of the countdown should default to 10. I can't get this to do the default #! /bin/sh echo Enter a number here to countdown... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: froggwife
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display runnning countdown in a bash script?

I am looking for a way to display on a single line, a running countdown for a given amount of time in a terminal using a bash script. I am looking for this to use as part of a larger bash script that captures Video. The script sets up a bunch of parameters for DVgrab, and one of the parameters... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Starcast
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

countdown in unix?

is there a script to preform a countdown from 10 seconds to 0? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamieMurry
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

countdown to christmas

was wondering if there was a script that would countdiwn the days until christmas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trob
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stop! (the countdown!) :-) shell script help

Hi guys, I've found two nifty little scripts on these forums one which detects if the F5 key has been pressed: #/bin/sh _key() { local kp ESC=$'\e' _KEY= read -d '' -sn1 _KEY case $_KEY in "$ESC") while read -d '' -sn1 -t1 kp do _KEY=$_KEY$kp ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Anyone know of any FUN countdown script

Hi all, Does anyone know of any FUN countdown script that I can use for my script? At the moment, am just using sleep 10 or more and then print stuff into the screen to allow more time for the user to decide whether they want to continue running the script or abort? Just thought of wanting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - countdown timer

Hello, I have another problem with my script - I would like to have a countdown timer visible on the screen, and at the same time, I want te be able to do something else. And when the time runs out, I need to know about that inside the script somehow and do some action. I guess that would require 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xqwzts
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script countdown

In the below bash when the perl is it possible to hide the commands from running on screen and display a process countdown? For example, on the cygwin screen now the user sees each process in the command running as running protocol refGene, running protocol popfreq_all, etc... Could a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Banner Countdown Timer

Hello. I am pretty new to unix and shell scripting and I was wondering if there might be a way to banner a countdown timer inside a script. We currently have an existing script that does a 2 minute sleep but thought it might be fun to actually make it banner a countdown timer until it is finished.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumbelina
3 Replies
Package::New(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Package::New(3pm)

NAME
Package::New - Simple base package from which to inherit SYNOPSIS
package My::Package; use base qw{Package::New}; #provides new and initialize DESCRIPTION
The Package::New object provides a consistent constructor for objects. I find that I always need these two methods in every package that I build. I plan to use this package as the base for all of my CPAN packages. RECOMMENDATIONS
Sane defaults I recommend that you have sane default for all of your object properties. I recommend using code like this. sub myproperty { my $self=shift; $self->{"myproperty"}=shift if @_; $self->{"myproperty"}="Default Value" unless defined $self->{"myproperty"}; return $self->{"myproperty"}; } use strict and warnings I recommend to always use strict, warnings and our version. package My::Package; use base qw{Package::New}; use strict; use warnings; our $VERSION='0.01'; Lazy Load where you can I recommend Lazy Loading where you can. sub mymethod { my $self=shift; $self->load unless $self->loaded; return $self->{"mymethod"}; } USAGE
CONSTRUCTOR
new my $obj = Package::New->new(key=>$value, ...); initialize You can override this method in your package if you need to do something after construction. But, lazy loading may be a better option. BUGS
Log on RT and contact the author. SUPPORT
DavisNetworks.com provides support services for all Perl applications including this package. AUTHOR
Michael R. Davis CPAN ID: MRDVT DavisNetworks.com http://www.DavisNetworks.com/ COPYRIGHT
This program is free software licensed under the... The BSD License The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
Building Blocks base, parent Other Light Weight Base Objects Similar to Package::New Package::Base, Class::Base, Class::Easy, Object::Tiny Heavy Base Objects - Drink the Kool-Aid Moose, (as well as Moose-alikes Moo, Mouse), Class::Accessor, Class::Accessor::Fast, Class::MethodMaker, Class::Meta Even more Spiffy, mixin, SUPER, Class::Trait, Class::C3, Moose::Role perl v5.14.2 2011-12-03 Package::New(3pm)