Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to use live-upgrade with single disk, pre-patching steps? Post 303033498 by solaris_1977 on Saturday 6th of April 2019 08:38:47 PM
Old 04-06-2019
I was reading few posts and I think this could work
Code:
lucreate -c oldBE -n new-zfsBE

And then I can run patch set on new-zfsBE
All my zones are residing on rpool, as there is only one pool, so I will have option to revert to old environment, including all zones.
I am yet to test this.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Typical steps to be followed while applying an application patch upgrade on linux

what are the typical steps used by system adminstrators while applying an application patch upgrade (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Live Upgrade Patching Error: Unable to write vtoc

Attempting to patch several servers using live upgrade Release: Oracle Solaris 10 8/11 s10x_u10wos_17b X86 Error I'm receiving is in the message in the log below tail -15 /var/svc/log/rc6.log Legacy init script "/etc/rc0.d/K50pppd" exited with return code 0. Executing legacy init... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siralos
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Help me with Pre Installation Steps for Patching on Solaris Servers

What are the Pre-installation steps for patching on Solaris servers in real time ? :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrishna
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris patching issue with Live Upgrade

I have Solaris-10 sparc box with ZFS file-system, which is running two non global zones. I am in process of applying Solaris Recommended patch cluster via Live Upgrade. Though I have enough space in root file-system of both zones, everytime I run installcluster, it fails with complaining less... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Live upgrade first steps

Hello Guys, I am a little confused about the first step in the live upgrade process. I will be glad if someone can clarify this for me. The pre-live upgrade patch, when do you add this patch to the OS you want to upgrade? 1. before creating the new boot environment? or 2. after creating... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 patching using live upgrade with VxVM

Hello, I was assigned some Solaris machines and need to patch them to N-1, where N is the latest OS realease, which means, upgrade till one version before the latest one. I do not now a lot about Solaris. What I only know is that need to make use of live upgrade and be careful with VxVM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: feroccimx
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Patching using live upgrade - with non-globalzone

Hi all, I would like to ask what will be the best practice for the following setup / - c0t0d0s0 - current BE (named First) / - c0t0d1s0 - alternate BE (name Second) i have a non-global zone with zonepath in /zones/myzone /mnt/opt - c0t0d2s6 (shared between the 2 BE)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies
poolbind(1M)                                                                                                                          poolbind(1M)

NAME
poolbind - bind processes, tasks, or projects or query binding of processes to resource pools SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/poolbind -p poolname [ -i idtype] id... /usr/sbin/poolbind -q pid... /usr/sbin/poolbind -Q pid... The poolbind command allows an authorized user to bind zones, projects, tasks, and processes to pools. It can also allow a user to query a process to determine which pool the process is bound to. The following options are supported: -i idtype This option, together with the idlist arguments, specifies one or more processes to which the poolbind command is to apply. The inter- pretation of idlist depends on the value of idtype. The valid idtype arguments and corresponding interpretations of idlist are as fol- lows: pid idlist is a list of process IDs. Binds the specified processes to the specified pool. This is the default behavior if no idtype is specified. taskid idlist is a list of task IDs. Bind all processes within the list of task IDs to the specified pool. projid idlist is a list of project IDs. Bind all processes within the list of projects to the specified pool. Each project ID can be spec- ified as either a project name or a numerical project ID. See project(4). zoneid idlist is a list of zone IDs. Bind all processes within the list of zones to the specified pool. Each zone ID can be specified as either a zone name or a numerical zone ID. See zones(5). -p poolname Specifies the name of a pool to which the specified zone, project, tasks, or processes are to be bound. -q pid ... Queries the pool bindings for a given list of process IDs. If the collection of resources associated with the process does not corre- spond to any currently existing pool, or if there are multiple pools with the set of resources that the process is bound to, the query fails for that particular process ID. -Q pid ... Queries the resource bindings for a given list of process IDs. The resource bindings are each reported on a separate line. Example 1: Binding All Processes The following command binds all processes in projects 5 and 7 to the pool web_app: example# /usr/sbin/poolbind -p web_app -i projid 5 7 Example 2: Binding the Running Shell The following command binds the running shell to the pool web_app: example# /usr/sbin/poolbind -p web_app $$ Example 3: Querying the Pool Bindings The following command queries the bindings to verify that the shell is bound to the given pool: example# /usr/sbin/poolbind -q $$ Example 4: Querying the Resource Bindings The following command queries the bindings to verify that the shell is bound to the given resources: example# /usr/sbin/poolbind -Q $$ The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 Requested operation could not be completed. 2 Invalid command line options were specified. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpool | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability | See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The invocation is Evolving. The output is Unstable. pooladm(1M), poolcfg(1M), libpool(3LIB), project(4), attributes(5), zones(5) System Administration Guide: N1 Grid Containers, Resource Management, and Solaris Zones 3 Feb 2005 poolbind(1M)