Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A terrific historical video about UNIX circa 1982 with well known names. Post 303033206 by bakunin on Monday 1st of April 2019 02:57:21 PM
Old 04-01-2019
OMG, Brian Kernighan in young!

Great find, wisecracker.

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

TCP-IP discussions from 1982 to 1991

Found this archive on the net: TCP-IP discussions from 1982 to 1991.... very interesting reading!! http://www-mice.cs.ucl.ac.uk/multimedia/misc/tcp_ip/ (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

historical ps

Hi there I am trying to find out what processes were running on my sun solaris 5.8 server yesterday. There are no jobs running on the server which are monitoring/logging processes on the server. Is there a way to find this out - is there an operating system log for processes? Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: niamh
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix training Video's

Hello any body knows a website that can Purchase and download Video training for unix ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wickedsoul
1 Replies

4. AIX

Historical Disk bandwidth utilization

Early this morning our sar reports show that WIO on the system was over 50% for about an hour. We also had some users complain about response time problems during this time. Is there a way I can go back and check what disks were busy during this time (something like topas but for historical data)? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2dumb
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

historical question - endianess

why Network Byte Order is Big-Endian, (not a Little-Endian, like most modern PCs use) ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: variety
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

historical port usage information

are there linux commands or applications that i can use to find out what application was using a certain port at a certain time? there's teamquest,but it doesnt have this kind of information. TIA. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bumblebee
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help File Copy Historical Files

Hello, I have a directory /files/storage in which I have files having file name in format as follows sabclin.yyyymmdd.0 e.g. sabclin.20110621.0 etc. I want to copy all files that have a date in their file name i.e. yyyymmdd from today till 300 days in the past to another directory, I need... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srattani
3 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Video: What Do You Do for a Living? @UNIX.com

Video: What Do You Do for a Living? @UNIX.com https://youtu.be/eTddtFa_Z_g We asked our users at UNIX.com what they do for a living, and this was their top three replies in 1080 HD video. Shout-outs to quotes in the video from forum members Akshay Hegde, geeky404, ni2 and joeyg. Here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

A terrific quote:

Food for thought! """ Everybody in this country should learn to program a computer...because it teaches you how to think. """ Steve Jobs. So, SO, true! Merry XMAS all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
4 Replies
XvStopVideo(3)						     Library Functions Manual						    XvStopVideo(3)

Name
       XvStopVideo - stop active video

Syntax
       #include <X11/extensions/Xvlib.h>

XvGetStill(Display *dpy, XvPortID port, Drawable draw);

Arguments
       dpy     Specifies the connection to the X server.

port    Specifies the port for which video is to be stopped.

draw    Specifies the drawable associated with the named port.

Description
       XvStopVideo(3)  stops  active video for the specified port and drawable.  If the port is not processing video, or if it is processing video
       in a different drawable, the request is ignored.  When video is stopped a XvVideoNotify(3) event with detail XvStopped is generated for the
       associated drawable.

Returned Values
       [Success]
	       Returned if XvStopVideo(3) completed successfully.

[XvBadExtension]
	       Returned if the Xv extension is unavailable.

[XvBadAlloc]
	       Returned if XvStopVideo(3) failed to allocate memory to process the request.

Diagnostics
       [XvBadPort]
	       Generated if the requested port does not exist.

[BadDrawable]
	       Generated if the requested drawable does not exist.

See Also
       XvGetVideo(3), XvPutVideo(3), XvVideoNotifyEvent(3)

X Version 11							    libXv 1.0.4 						    XvStopVideo(3)