Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sftp ls command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sftp ls command Post 303033178 by Don Cragun on Monday 1st of April 2019 06:32:19 AM
Old 04-01-2019
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment This its the third thread you have created on this one topic. This thread is closed.

Note that we still have no indication of the operating system used on the server used nor the type of filesystem containing any files involved. Continue any discussion on this topic here.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Specify password in SFTP command

Hi, How can I specify a password on the scp command line so that it should not prompt for the password? Shabu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shabu
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp command

Hello folks i want to know hoaw can i automate sftp command. When i am execute the script it sftp connect to host and ask for the password but i want password also to be supplied in batfile .It should not ask password on console . sftp -b batfile user@hostip (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kojo
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using Macros in sftp command

Hi, I've some existing scripts wherein am using ftp + .netrc. I've defined my macros in .netrc file. I want to switch to sftp now but it seems it doesn't support macros and .netrc and it gives "command invalid" error. Is there any other alternative? Note: I don't want help for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ps51517
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with command sftp

Hi, I am entering this line in a .sh sftp -b operacionesftp.batch ${USER_FTP_SALIDA}@${FTP_SALIDA} but it seems to take only "b" and not "-b" may be due to? Greetings. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepeli30
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Command

Hi Freinds, I need to transfer the files from the Remote server using SFTP. While i transfer the file, the time stamp of the file need not to be changed. Ineed to transfer the file as without change in its time stamp. Is the any option or commands available. pl let me know... Regards,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: C_PRASANNA
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Sftp command not working

What is wrong with this sftp command being used in one line: sftp /Data/SEmisstn.gz lsmsadit@144.226.213.23:/test/lsms.SEmisstn.gz The ssh key is already setup. The node is valid and i can ssh to it as well as do a manual step by step sftp to the server. However, for some odd reason, i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Batch SFTP command Help

I need to run a test SFTP command in a batch mode and what I need to prompt my password after the sftp userid@hostname. I do not have have an ssh key exchanged between my server and the external server. I only have access to it as an sftp server. I must enter my password in my script. How do i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Question about SFTP command

Hi All, This is JCL that contain command script to copy file to destionation (UNIX) I have 2 questions. ********* //NATTOUT1 JOB ACCL,'XXXXYYYY',CLASS=A,MSGCLASS=X, // NOTIFY=&SYSUID,REGION=0M,USER=SFTPXXX // SET... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: getandput
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing -f with rm command in sftp

Is there any way I can pass -f with rm command in sftp? If I use it it treats -f as a file name to be removed. sftp> rm -f abcd Couldn't stat remote file: No such file or directory Removing /home/sdesai/-f Couldn't delete file: No such file or directory sftp> "rm -f" abcd Invalid... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
2 Replies
CAL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAL(1)

NAME
cal -- displays a calendar SYNOPSIS
cal [-smjy13] [[month] year] DESCRIPTION
Cal displays a simple calendar. If arguments are not specified, the current month is displayed. The options are as follows: -1 Display single month output. (This is the default.) -3 Display prev/current/next month output. -s Display Sunday as the first day of the week. (This is the default.) -m Display Monday as the first day of the week. -j Display Julian dates (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -y Display a calendar for the current year. A single parameter specifies the year (1 - 9999) to be displayed; note the year must be fully specified: ``cal 89'' will not display a calen- dar for 1989. Two parameters denote the month (1 - 12) and year. If no parameters are specified, the current month's calendar is displayed. A year starts on Jan 1. The Gregorian Reformation is assumed to have occurred in 1752 on the 3rd of September. By this time, most countries had recognized the ref- ormation (although a few did not recognize it until the early 1900's.) Ten days following that date were eliminated by the reformation, so the calendar for that month is a bit unusual. HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. OTHER VERSIONS
Several much more elaborate versions of this program exist, with support for colors, holidays, birthdays, reminders and appointments, etc. For example, try the cal from http://home.sprynet.com/~cbagwell/projects.html or GNU gcal. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD