Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Network Perforamnce - It's just slow! Post 303033109 by BDMcGrew on Friday 29th of March 2019 06:41:34 PM
Old 03-29-2019
Thanks for hte reply, I have not probed the FC BIOS or configuration but I have done a quick test to eliminate it from the equation and taken everything to local i/o, off the external storage - just for sanity sake.

Code:
linux_nsd_server# scp /large_file_on_fast_storage.bin linux_10gb_network_client:/dev/null == 154MB/s
linux_nsd_server# scp /large_file_on_fast_storage.bin aix_10gb_network_client:/dev/null == 39MB/s

So taking all the client network storage i/o out of the picture and this is still repeatable with very similar numbers across all my Linux and AIX boxes.

-b

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 03-29-2019 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network speed is slow

Hello, everyone: i encounter a problem these days , pls help me ,thanks in advance. my env: machine: ES40 A ES40 B os: true64 Unix 4.0f note: src.tar 8M network card speed 100M my problem: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
3 Replies

2. AIX

How to send big files over slow network?

Hi, I am trying to send oracle archives over WAN and it is taking hell a lot of time. To reduce the time, I tried to gzip the files and send over to the other side. That seems to reduce the time. Does anybody have experienced this kind of problem and any possible ways to reduce the time. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giribt
1 Replies

3. Programming

Help in developing a Network Appliation to monitor pc in a network

I am developing a Network Appliation to monitor computers in a network. Specs are App monitors the current web page viewed in each system App also can shutdown the computer in the network App can show all process run by each computer in the network I am now confused how to start my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: valaparambil88
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

ssh server is attachable from local network not from another network

hello i have a ubuntu ssh server that i can acess from any of my comnputers but only if they are on the same wireless network as the server. i tested trhis my tehtehring my samsung blackjack to my windows partition and installing openssh to windows it works when windows is on the wireless but no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old noob
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Unavailable/Slow Network Paths in $PATH

At work, I'm in a Solaris environment working with csh, and $PATH is populated with anywhere between 10 and 20 entries. Last week, every command I issued (even "ls") took several seconds, if not an entire minute, to run. Once I moved "/home/sybase/bin" to the end of $PATH, certain commands... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheong87
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

slow network on RHEL5

hey guys, We have two Sun x2100 servers running RHEL5 in a test environment. Both servers are fresh OS installs and hooked up to the same network switch. When ssh'ing to one server, there is a significant delay, while ssh'ing to the other server, the connection is almost instant. We are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amheck
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Slow printing to network printers using CUPS

Hi Guys, I've inherited a mess of an infrastructure in my new job, there hasn't been a sys admin in post for about a year, so things are falling apart. The first thing to break after I started was the printer server. I have it working again, and people can print, however it's very slow, slower... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudigarude
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11.1 Slow Network Performance

I have identical M5000 machines that are needing to transfer very large amounts of data between them. These are fully loaded machines, and I've already checked IO, memory usage, etc... I get poor network performance even when the machines are idle or copying via loopback. The 10 GB NICs are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

Network becomes slow and return fast only after restart network

Hi, I have 2 machines in production environment: 1. redhat machine for application 2. DB machine (oracle) The application doing a lot of small read&writes from and to the DB machine. The problem is that after some few hours the network from the application to the DB becomes very slow and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
4 Replies
NVRAM(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  NVRAM(4)

NAME
nvram -- non-volatile RAM SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device nvram Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): nvram_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The nvram driver provides access to BIOS configuration NVRAM on i386 and amd64 systems. PC motherboard uses a small non-volatile memory to store BIOS settings which is usually part of its clock chip and sometimes referred as ``CMOS SRAM''. This driver exposes bytes 14 through 128 of the NVRAM, or a total of 114 bytes, at offset zero of the device file /dev/nvram. This driver is useful for cloning machines that shares the same hardware configuration and need same BIOS setting tweaks. IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
The BIOS NVRAM's bytes 16 through 31 are checksummed at byte 32. This driver does not take care for these checksums. EXAMPLES
Backup existing BIOS NVRAM to nvram.bin: dd if=/dev/nvram of=nvram.bin Restore BIOS NVRAM from nvram.bin: dd if=nvram.bin of=/dev/nvram SEE ALSO
dd(1) HISTORY
The nvram device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 6.4. AUTHORS
The nvram device driver was written by Peter Wemm. This manual page was written by Xin LI. BSD
February 8, 2010 BSD