Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX [ASK] decrease/shrink the size of filesystem Post 303032988 by Phat on Thursday 28th of March 2019 03:35:32 AM
Old 03-28-2019
Hi Bakunin,

it really helps me Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Will exe file size decrease while using inline function

using namespace std; void g(); class A { public : A() { g();g();g(); cout << "Constructor of A"<< endl ;} }; inline void g(){ cout << "vijay" <<endl; } int main() { A a; } when i use inline i get size 303488 Aug 31 12:05 a.out* when not using inline i get size 303572 Aug 31... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaysabari
1 Replies

2. Solaris

increase/decrease filesystem

Hi All, I need to increase the filesystem of / and /var (two different slices)? Space will be coming from /home slice so I need to decrease it. Is that possible without reinstallation or in a single-user-mode? Any idea or link please. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to decrease the font size in Mailx

Hi all, I am using echo "$EMAILMESSAGE" | mailx -s "$SUBJECT" -b $CC "$TO" I am receiving the mail but seems to big in font size. Is there any option mailx to decrease the size of the mail generated. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
1 Replies

4. AIX

jfs2 - cannot shrink filesystem

Hi, is anyone aware about filesystem size restrictions on AIX? And does anyone know a solution for below problem? I have 2 boxes attached to EMC Raid5 storage, both have huge /optware/oracle/oradata filesystems - 4.5 and 2.5 TB in size, nothing is striped or in any other way restricted. Due to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
11 Replies

5. Solaris

How to increase or decrease inode number of the particular UFS filesystem

Hi Gurus I want to know the command & tips regarding, how to increase or decrease inode number of the particular ufs filesystem. Is it possible to do it in a live/production environment. Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
3 Replies

6. AIX

Why using "%" of Paging size increases & how to decrease this percentage?

Hi I have found a problem on my AIX 5.1 server. day by day the paging size is increasing,what is the reason behind it and if percentage is at 100 what will happen. Oracle 9i is running on my server. PAGING SPACE size,mb 5632 % used 14.6 % free 85.3 How can i decrease the using... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dearsumon
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Decrease buffer size

Hi, I am using the below command to get the output in a file called "Logs.txt" tail -f filename | egrep -i "cpu | hung " >> Logs.txt The problem is the Logs.txt file gets updated only after the buffer is 8Kb, but i want to update the file immediately and not wait for the buffer to get 8kb. Is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: @bhi
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Physical disk IO size smaller than fragment block filesystem size ?

Hello, in one default UFS filesystem we have 8K block size (bsize) and 1K fragmentsize (fsize). At this scenary I thought all "FileSytem IO" will be 8K (or greater) but never smaller than the fragment size (1K). If a UFS fragment/blocksize is allwasy several ADJACENTS sectors on disk (in a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rarino2
4 Replies

9. Programming

How to decrease virtual size of a process after cleaning all containers and using malloc_trim (0)?

Hello all i have simple server running on linux redhat 6.1 it is build with c++ in the server i have huge std vector that holds pointers to cache objects those cache objects holds allot of data from the DB any way ... in some point in time there is simple API that suppose to clean the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Shrink ext4 filesystem and reduce the size of a Logical Volume in Linux

Hello guys, I would like to ask you kindly if you don't know some quick and safe method how to shrink ext4 filesystem and reduce the size of a Logical Volume in Linux, please? Thank you very much. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: los_bandidos
2 Replies
GCIN(1) 						    gcin input method platform							   GCIN(1)

NAME
gcin - an input method server SYNOPSIS
gcin [-h|-v|--version] DESCRIPTION
gcin is an input method(IM) server, which focused mainly on Traditional Chinese. It is also very useful for Simplified Chinese, Japanese, and many other languages. IM table format of gcin is almost as same as those of scim and xcin. Users may append their IMs to gcin very eas- ily. The "g" of gcin means that it features a better GTK+ user interface. If you are looking for configuration tool of gcin, please see the manpage of gcin-tools. OPTIONS
-h, -v, --version Show version of gcin. FILES
/usr/share/gcin/table/gtab.list Input methods available for gcin. You may copy it to $HOME/.gcin/ and edit it as you like. If you have no $HOME/.gcin/gtab.list, /usr/share/gcin/table/gtab.list will be used. /usr/share/gcin/script/html-browser A file helps gcin finding html browsers when needed. You may add any compatible html browser to it. /usr/share/gcin/script/utf8-edit A file helps gcin finding text editors when needed. You may add any UTF-8 compatible text editor to it. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
LC_CTYPE For bash: export LC_CTYPE=zh_TW.UTF-8 For csh: setenv LC_CTYPE zh_TW.UTF-8 XMODIFIERS For bash: export XMODIFIERS=@im=gcin For csh: setenv XMODIFIERS @im=gcin GTK_IM_MODULE For bash: export GTK_IM_MODULE=gcin For csh: setenv GTK_IM_MODULE gcin QT_IM_MODULE For bash: export QT_IM_MODULE=gcin For csh: setenv QT_IM_MODULE gcin GCIN_CONNECT_MSG_ON Display messages for socket connections. GCIN_DBG_TMP Display additional debug messages. GCIN_ERR_COREDUMP Option for debugging. GCIN_IM_CLIENT_NO_AUTO_EXEC Disable auto-evoke in gcin protocol. GCIN_OUTPUT_FILTER Assign output filter to process data before the IM server send them to clients. GCIN_TABLE_DIR Assign directory for IM tables other then /usr/share/gcin/table. SEE ALSO
gcin-tools(1), gcin2tab(1), phoa2d(1), juyin-learn(1), gcin-message(1) AUTHORS
Edward Der-Hua Liu Wrote gcin and associated tools. Friend of Chanjei IM, Malaysia <www.chinesecj.com> Author of original Chanjei IM version 5 table. Dayi Co., Ltd. <http://www.dayi.com> Author of Dayi IM. GCIN 1.4.4 2 FEB 2008 GCIN(1)