Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LM 19.1 from pendrive
Operating Systems Linux LM 19.1 from pendrive Post 303032922 by Corona688 on Tuesday 26th of March 2019 04:58:00 PM
Old 03-26-2019
URL is broken.

You had persistence before, did you not? The issue you had was that it was slow, but this is not unexpected -- USB is slow. Working around it meant putting everything in RAM and that, of course, is not persistent. Catch 22. Slow media does not have a go-faster button, you sped it up by not using it!

It may be possible to do something with unionfs overlays, booting from image but writing to disk, or mounting a read-write /home overtop of the imaged one, etc, etc. Not recommended unless you understand the boot process for your distribution extremely well.

Last edited by Corona688; 03-26-2019 at 06:04 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

helo how to mount pendrive on redhat 9

helo my sysem is running on redhat 9. now i want to take data from redhat 9 pc to pen drive. but when i plug it it is not detected. can u tell me how to mount pendrive on redhat9. amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot from a pendrive

Can anybody explane 'How to boot from a pendrive' ?Is it possible to load Operating System from a pendrive----? How? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajith kumar.G
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files unto a usb pendrive/external disk from Solaris 9

Hi all, Can anybody help me with how I can connect a usb pendrive or external disk to a Sun Server which runs on Solaris 9? I am able to connect the usb drive to a windows server easily and copy files but am wondering if it is possible to do that with Solaris. Any help will be appreciated. thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
3 Replies

4. SCO

mount the pendrive on the unixware 7.1.4

please let me know how to mount the pendrive on the unixware (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to acces my pendrive in linux

Hi Gurus, in linux I am unable to access my pendrive(i am even not seeing the icon or location for my pendrive ). Please anyany could help me to get rid of this issue. regards, Sanjay :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay.login
4 Replies

6. Slackware

Which USB pendrive image to install Slackware on an old AMD K6 3D ?

Holla, I have been trying to install a recent distro, with a minimum X such as jwm, but unfortunately my cdrom is broken and I can only boot the USB port, with a pendrive. AMD K6 3D is today too old for being for linux. Is there an image of slackware than runs that processor and that can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raptor34
5 Replies
readdvd(1)							    readdvd 1.0 							readdvd(1)

NAME
readdvd - is creating an image of your source dvd media or medias even if it has / they have corrupted blocks SYNOPSIS
readdvd [-l] [-h] readdvd -d DEVICE1 [-d DEVICE2] [-d ...] -o file.iso [-s #] [-v] [-vv] DESCRIPTION
readdvd reads even a corrupted dvd and writes the the result into a new image file on your harddisk. DEVICE
can be an IDE, SCSI, SATA, USB or FireWire connected optical drive. Not all SATA controller support all Plextor features. Linux: /dev/hdX: IDE device /dev/scdX: Linux 2.4: SATA, SCSI, USB device, or IDE device via ide-scsi emulation /dev/srX: Linux 2.6: IDE device via new ATA layer, SCSI or USB device OpenBSD/NetBSD: /dev/rcdX FreeBSD: /dev/cd: SCSI device /dev/acd: ATA device MacOS X: /dev/disk: win32: C:,D:,E:, ... X:,Y:,Z: OPTIONS
-l scan busses for all available CD and DVD devices -h help shows available options. -o file.iso write data to imagefile named file.iso -s # read source media with selected speed -v use verbose mode -vv use extended verbose mode INTERACTIVE MODUS
q stop reading media and exit w save sector map which is currently read and continue with the next one EXAMPLES
readdvd -d /dev/sr0 -o filename.iso -s 8 -v create an image filename.bin of inserted media in device /dev/sr0 with read speed 8 in verbose mode. please report man page improvements to T.Maguin@web.de Gennady ShultZ Kozlov 10. April, 2009 readdvd(1)