Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Linux keeps freezing on UFW BLOCK Post 303032891 by Neo on Tuesday 26th of March 2019 07:36:42 AM
Old 03-26-2019
... the details of your Linux system are... exactly what?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CDE freezing

I am running Solaris 8 intel and recently my Common Desktop environment will not load. I enter the root username and password at the prompt, it switches to the CDE screen and the freezes. The OpenWindows environment works fine. I tried with a regular username (not root) and I get the same resutls.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

2. SCO

SCO Unix 5.0.5 freezing

Hie I use SCO Unix 5.0.5 as my operating system and i have been having the following problem for the past couple of days : After every 3 hours or more , my system freezes and all users are locked out .I can not do anything even on the console . Each time i have to press the reset button... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babby
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UFW show args command

In ubuntu man page there is this command. What are values of ARGS I can use? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ubuntu 9.10 FIrewall--is UFW allowing anything through by default?

Hi, I have enabled my UBUNTU 9.10 ufw. By default does it let anything through? I would think it allows all outbound originating requests through and allows for their return but it does not allow any inbound requests. Is this how it works? ---------- Post updated at 08:17 PM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

5. SCO

X Server -> keyboard and mouse are freezing

hi I've configured X Server using Video Configuration Manager on SCO 5.0.6, but the keyboard and mouse are freezing after 5 minutes on the graphical login mask. ---------- Post updated at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:43 AM ---------- BTW I finished the configuration,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Mouse freezing after idle time

Hi All, I am having a problem where my mouse (USB) is freezing after some idle time, and I am having to reboot everytime that happens. I looked in the file /etc/X11/xorg.config to see if there is an entry for mouse and I could not find it. Instead I found the following entry: Section... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
8 Replies

7. Ubuntu

ubuntu kernel: [ 729.529501] [UFW ALLOW] ,[UFW AUDIT]

Hi , In our ubuntu server 10.10 ,we are getting below logs .Every day i need to restart server ,other wise it will not accessible.Some times ,i need to restart two times. When i ping google.com ,it was very slow .some times host not reachable .After reboot ,it will ping as good. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasa
0 Replies

8. Hardware

Laptop freezing issues

I am having Laptop freezing issues. Whenever I try to use Firfox and vlc, chrome and vlc, firefox and chrome, or anything similar to that my computer freezes. I always have to kill one of the processes before I can use my laptop again. I am guessing this is a hardware issue because when I move... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cp freezing from Seagate HDD to Win7

Hello all, Earlier I had a mac book and created a HFS+ file system on Seagate 1 TB external HDD, copied around 200 GB content. Now, I have a Windows 7 machine and wanted to copy the HDD contents to this new machine. Tried using MacDrive10 to mount HFS+ file system in Windows. Mouting is fine and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

[ufw] force all traffic through VPN

I am trying to force all my tun0's traffic through VPN but some some reason, the ufw is not working the way I want to. Below are the commands that I have executed.. I am able to connect to my SSH and NFS server but for some reason that I am unable to understand, I am unable to surf the net. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: soichiro
0 Replies
gufw(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   gufw(8)

NAME
Gufw - Graphic user interface for managing ufw DESCRIPTION
Gufw is an easy to use Ubuntu / Linux firewall, powered by ufw. Gufw is an easy, intuitive, way to manage your Ubuntu firewall. It supports common tasks such as allowing or blocking pre-configured, com- mon p2p, or individual ports port(s), and many others! Gufw is powered by ufw. Introduction iptables is already a very powerful tool by itself, but it's syntax can get awkward at times and hard to figure out, so Ubuntu developers decided to make ufw ("The reason ufw was developed is that we wanted to create a server-level firewalling utility that was a little bit more for `human beings`"), which was to be simpler. Now, on the graphical side of things, Firestarer already existed. But why not make an even easier to use GUI for desktop `human beings`, powered by ufw? This is where Gufw comes in. RUN
You can run Gufw in GNOME menu: /System/Administration/Firewall configuration USAGE
BASIC SETTINGS
Gufw has two states: Enabled and disabled. When Gufw is enabled, you can allow/reject/deny all incoming and outgoing connections. ADD PRECONFIGURED RULE(S) You can select between more Programs and Services preconfigured. Once Program/Service can have multiples rules. ADD SIMPLE RULE(S) You can specify the port or service, and protocol to be allowed (allow traffic), reject (reject traffic without reply), denied (deny traf- fic with reply), limit (limit traffic) on the host, or limit an IP or Port (Protecting against brute-force login attacks). The port can be a number of 5 digits, from 1 to 65535. The service can be any of /etc/services file (By example tcpmux, echo, discard, systat...). The protocol can be: 1. TCP: Apply rule for all traffic in protocol TCP. 2. UDP: Apply rule for all traffic in protocol UDP. 3. both: Apply rule for all traffic in protocol TCP and UDP. ADD ADVANCED RULE(S) You can add an advanced rule. You can specify: 1. Protocol: TCP, UDP or both. 2. From IP Addres: You can allow/deny/reject/limit traffic from IP address. Example for a range: 192.168.1.0/9 3. From Port: You can allow/deny/reject/limit traffic from a port. This parameter is optional. The port can be a number of 5 digits, from 1 to 65535. You can use a range ports with this format port1:port2 (by example 3234:3237), or add multiple ports with port1,port2 (by example 3234,3254). 4. To IP Addres: You can allow/deny/limit traffic to an IP address. This parameter is optional. Example for a range: 192.168.1.0/9 5. To Port: You can allow/deny/reject/limit traffic to a Port. This parameter is optional. The port can be a number of 5 digits, from 1 to 65535. You can use a range ports with this format port1:port2 (by example 3234:3237). GENERAL TO PRECONFIGURED
/ SIMPLE / ADVANCED With the extended parameters you can: 1. Insert a rule in a specific row. 2. Set the log level for ufw. REMOVE ONE RULE
Steps: 1. Select a rule in the list. 2. Click in Remove button. You can delete more rules if you select it. RESET CONFIGURATION
You will remove all rules and reset the ufw configuration to intial status (disable)! EDIT PREFERENCES
You can edit your preferences in /Edit/Preferences menu. Preferences: 1. Gufw log: Gufw will register all commands sent to ufw. 2. ufw log: Enable/disable and set the level of the ufw log. 3. Listening Report: Will display the ports on the live system in the listening state for TCP and the open state for UDP. 4. Notification popups: Gufw will notify the new connections in the Listening Report. SEE ALSO
ufw(8) AUTHOR
Gufw is (C) 2008-2011, Marcos Alvarez Costales <https://launchpad.net/~costales>. This manual page was originally written by Marcos Alvarez Costales <https://launchpad.net/~costales>. 13 Feb 2011 gufw(8)