Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Downloading and installing a very old version of gcc Post 303032876 by Corona688 on Monday 25th of March 2019 05:43:36 PM
Old 03-25-2019
The usual problem is that this "update-alternatives" command may not have existed when 4.4.3 was being used and hence nobody has integrated it into your distro that way.

What is your distribution?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Help!(Installing GCC.)

(Installing GCC: Configuration) In the document of Installing GCC, there is a sentence I don't understand: " Second, when configuring a native system, either cc or gcc must be in your path or you must set CC in your environment before running configure. Otherwise the configuration scripts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Downloading vs buying latest version of os

I am currently taking a Unix programming class in school, I want ot know which is more efficient and quicker, downloading the os or buying the os (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lavonte
4 Replies

3. Programming

Installing gcc

Hi all I'm trying to install the latest version of gcc but I keep getting this message on make; gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I. -I. -I./../zlib -I./../include -W -Wall -pedantic -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -g -O2 -c jartool.c jartool.c:234: getopt.h: No... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: squeakywheel
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems Downloading and Installing Stuff

HI to everyone, I have been for a very long time in my life a GUI user, and now that i have to use a Solaris 5 terminal, i am not sure how to do some things: Downloading stuff from the internet: How do i do that? in a GUI you just click on the link and start downloading automatic, but i have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sx3v1l_1n51de
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know the gcc version

Please someone can say me how to know the gcc version installed on my sunsolaris? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

GCC version problem

I have a host PC and a target system . Host System -> gcc (3.2) Redhat linux kernel 2.4.20-8 , glibc 2.3 Target System -> gcc (4.1) Fedora linux kernel 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6, glibc 2.5 I would like to build test program that can be run on both systems --------------------------- ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mugdha
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

8. Solaris

downloading gcc package manually

hello everyone can anyone tell me how do download gcc package for opensolaris manually? i am behind a firewall and it's not letting me download gcc package from the package manager thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: holla4ni
3 Replies

9. Solaris

GCC installing

dear, please just didn't understand the problem that appears when i try to install ./configure here is the message that appears in unix when installing gcc root@ccbtest # ./configure checking build system type... /bin/bash: ./config.guess: No such file or directory configure: error: cannot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: semaan
3 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Downloading and installing (new to Ubuntu OS)

I've done a whole days work of researching how to install a program on ubuntu.. so first I downloaded python.. unpackaged it from .tar.xz now its just python-3.4.2 then I navigated to the dir in terminal.. then ran the ./configure make make test sudo make install commands which took like 10 minutes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marniwild
2 Replies
usual(n)							     [incr Tk]								  usual(n)

NAME
usual - access default option-handling commands for a mega-widget component SYNOPSIS
usual ?tag? ?commands? DESCRIPTION
The usual command is used outside of an [incr Tcl] class definition to define the usual set of option-handling commands for a component widget. Option-handling commands are used when a component is registered with the Archetype base class via the "itk_component add" method. They specify how the component's configuration options should be integrated into the composite option list for the mega-widget. Options can be kept, renamed, or ignored, as described in the Archetype man page. It is tedious to include the same declarations again and again whenever components are added. The usual command allows a standard code fragment to be registered for each widget class, which is used by default to handle the options. All of the standard Tk widgets have usual declarations defined in the [incr Tk] library. Similar usual declarations should be created whenever a new mega-widget class is conceived. Only the most-generic options should be included in the usual declaration. The tag name is usually the name of a widget class, which starts with a capital letter; however, any string registered here can be used later with the usual command described on the Archetype man page. If the commands argument is specified, it is associated with the tag string, and can be accessed later via itk_component add. If only the tag argument is specified, this command looks for an existing tag name and returns the commands associated with it. If there are no commands associated with tag, this command returns the null string. If no arguments are specified, this command returns a list of all tag names previously registered. EXAMPLE
Following is the usual declaration for the standard Tk button widget: usual Button { keep -background -cursor -foreground -font keep -activebackground -activeforeground -disabledforeground keep -highlightcolor -highlightthickness rename -highlightbackground -background background Background } Only the options that would be common to all buttons in a single mega- widget are kept or renamed. Options like "-text" that would be unique to a particular button are ignored. KEYWORDS
itk, Archetype, component, mega-widget itk 3.0 usual(n)