Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers In KVM how to disable console ttyS0 from the virt xml file Post 303032855 by Neo on Monday 25th of March 2019 10:30:11 AM
Old 03-25-2019
Why not user standard Linux configs to disable ttyS0?

For example, see:

Ubuntu: SerialConsoleHowto
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable Root Console login

After Configuring a brand new netraT1, It appears, the only way you can log in as root is throught the Serial Port (console). I believe there is a file in /etc which can be edited to allow root to access login via other methods eg: telnet, ssh, etc. My Question: Which file contains... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
2 Replies

2. Linux

Enable and disable ttyS0

I have a modem connect it to ttyS0 , in unix sco i know i can disable and enable the port , how can i do this , is there a command that will allow me to do this. **** I'm running Redhat 9 *****External Usrobotics 56k Thanks a lot guys (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josramon
1 Replies

3. Hardware

kvm issue for console configuration

Hi i am new to unix , i need to do console configuration on aix p520 there is no HMC device, i tried doing connecting through null cable via hyper terminal still no result, team says kvm issue so what is kvm issue.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkav
2 Replies

4. Hardware

/dev/ttyS0: Device or resource busy

hello to everybody I have Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 installed on my Desktop and I have a PCI serial card in my computer and it has only one serial port. Actually I want to use this serial port for the serial communication and for that I executed this command : $ setserial -g /dev/ttyS and I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: piyush011
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in Splitting a xml file into multiple and appending it in another .xml file

HI All, I have to split a xml file into multiple xml files and append it in another .xml file. for example below is a sample xml and using shell script i have to split it into three xml files and append all the three xmls in a .xml file. Can some one help plz. eg: <?xml version="1.0"?>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesan kulasek
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing delta values of one xml file in other xml file

Hi All, I have two xml files. One is having below input <NameValuePair> <name>Daemon</name> <value>tcp:7474</value> </NameValuePair> <NameValuePair> <name>Network</name> <value></value> </NameValuePair> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Execution problem with virt-manger in KVM virtulization

Hi, I am trying to setup KVM virtulization under CentOS6.0x32 and installed all the required rpm's as per the installation guidelines. # rpm -qa | grep libvirt libvirt-cim-0.6.1-4.el6.i686 fence-virtd-libvirt-qpid-0.2.1-5.el6.i686 libvirt-qpid-0.2.22-3.el6.i686... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: boby.kumar
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grepping multiple XML tag results from XML file.

I want to write a one line script that outputs the result of multiple xml tags from a XML file. For example I have a XML file which has below XML tags in the file: <EMAIL>***</EMAIL> <CUSTOMER_ID>****</CUSTOMER_ID> <BRANDID>***</BRANDID> Now I want to grep the values of all these specified... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubh752
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pull multiple XML tags from the same XML file in Shell.?

I'm searching for the names of a TV show in the XML file I've attached at the end of this post. What I'm trying to do now is pull out/list the data from each of the <SeriesName> tags throughout the document. Currently, I'm only able to get data the first instance of that XML field using the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
9 Replies
SYSTEMD-DETECT-VIRT(1)						systemd-detect-virt					    SYSTEMD-DETECT-VIRT(1)

NAME
systemd-detect-virt - Detect execution in a virtualized environment SYNOPSIS
systemd-detect-virt [OPTIONS...] DESCRIPTION
systemd-detect-virt detects execution in a virtualized environment. It identifies the virtualization technology and can distinguish full machine virtualization from container virtualization. systemd-detect-virt exits with a return value of 0 (success) if a virtualization technology is detected, and non-zero (error) otherwise. By default, any type of virtualization is detected, and the options --container and --vm can be used to limit what types of virtualization are detected. When executed without --quiet will print a short identifier for the detected virtualization technology. The following technologies are currently identified: Table 1. Known virtualization technologies (both VM, i.e. full hardware virtualization, and container, i.e. shared kernel virtualization) +----------+----------------+--------------------------------------+ |Type | ID | Product | +----------+----------------+--------------------------------------+ |VM | qemu | QEMU software virtualization, | | | | without KVM | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | kvm | Linux KVM kernel virtual machine, | | | | with whatever software, except | | | | Oracle Virtualbox | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | zvm | s390 z/VM | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | vmware | VMware Workstation or Server, and | | | | related products | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | microsoft | Hyper-V, also known as Viridian or | | | | Windows Server Virtualization | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | oracle | Oracle VM VirtualBox (historically | | | | marketed by innotek and Sun | | | | Microsystems), | | | | for legacy and KVM | | | | hypervisor | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | xen | Xen hypervisor (only domU, not dom0) | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | bochs | Bochs Emulator | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | uml | User-mode Linux | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | parallels | Parallels Desktop, Parallels Server | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | bhyve | bhyve, FreeBSD hypervisor | +----------+----------------+--------------------------------------+ |Container | openvz | OpenVZ/Virtuozzo | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | lxc | Linux container implementation by | | | | LXC | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | lxc-libvirt | Linux container implementation by | | | | libvirt | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | systemd-nspawn | systemd's minimal container | | | | implementation, see systemd- | | | | nspawn(1) | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | docker | Docker container manager | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | rkt | rkt app container runtime | +----------+----------------+--------------------------------------+ If multiple virtualization solutions are used, only the "innermost" is detected and identified. That means if both machine and container virtualization are used in conjunction, only the latter will be identified (unless --vm is passed). OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -c, --container Only detects container virtualization (i.e. shared kernel virtualization). -v, --vm Only detects hardware virtualization). -r, --chroot Detect whether invoked in a chroot(2) environment. In this mode, no output is written, but the return value indicates whether the process was invoked in a chroot() environment or not. --private-users Detect whether invoked in a user namespace. In this mode, no output is written, but the return value indicates whether the process was invoked inside of a user namespace or not. See user_namespaces(7) for more information. -q, --quiet Suppress output of the virtualization technology identifier. -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. EXIT STATUS
If a virtualization technology is detected, 0 is returned, a non-zero code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-nspawn(1), chroot(2), namespaces(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-DETECT-VIRT(1)