Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compare 2 strings
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Compare 2 strings Post 303032813 by drew77 on Sunday 24th of March 2019 03:26:00 PM
Old 03-24-2019
I am trying to understand. I am no guru.

Code:
test1.sh
/home/andy/bin/test1.sh: line 24: syntax error near unexpected token `done'
/home/andy/bin/test1.sh: line 24: `done'

mouse1=$( xinput query-state 9 )
# Give a short delay.
sleep 2
mouse2=$( xinput query-state 9 )

while [ "$mouse1" != "$mouse2" ]
do
echo "Mouse moved."
if [ "$mouse1" == "$mouse2" ]
then
break

done

#while [ condition ]
#do
   #statements1      #Executed as long as condition is true and/or, up to a disaster-condition if any.
   #statements2
  #if (disaster-condition)
  #then
    #break              #Abandon the while lopp.
  #fi
  #statements3          #While good and, no disaster-condition.
#done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

to compare two strings

hi all, i am new to unix. Actually i need to compare two string and print the result... suppose type='sun' if; then echo good morning else echo good night fi whether the comparison is right r we need to use eq???? help me please.... :confused: thanks in advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ithirak17
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare two strings

Hi all, I am trying to compare two strings/dates, but its throwing error::Syntax error at line 5: Please help !! Any alternate way to compare two dates is also fine.... logdate1=`date -u '+%Y.%m.%d %T'` sleep 5 logdate2=`date -u '+%Y.%m.%d %T'` if test... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare two strings using if

Hi, Here is my script #!/bin/ksh echo $pick_typ if ];then echo "inside if" else echo "outside if" fi when ever i pass CUS as parameter to this script am getting the correct value CUS, however if i pass ORD as parameter it is not coming inside if it is echoing else "Outside... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav20
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare text strings.

Hi Im trying to write a script that compare a text string. But it fails, I think it adds a extra line feed to the result and fails beacuse of that. The script. DT=`date +'%Y%m%d%H%M%S'` #ALARM_BIN=/users/alarms/ssa/alarms/bin QUEUE_THR=10 #unset offset #offset="***Server reports data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vettec3
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Compare 2 Strings ?

Hello , I want to Compare with 2 strings and get if they are True or not please would like some help on this #!bin/ksh echo "Enter Name 1" read Name1 echo "Enter Name 2" read Name2 echo "------------------------" echo "First Name: $Name1" echo "Second Name: $Name2" echo... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: shatztal
25 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two strings

hi.. i have a problem to compare two string my code is like that if ] then echo "both data are correct" elif ] echo "data is wrong" fi here $username1 is taking value from file.. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare two strings in a file

hello guyzz please help me out.. I have two file a.sh and b.sh it contains two string SD109 ,SD108 . I want to compaere these two string . If a.sh>b.sh do rebasing record time. else it shows no rebasing required. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijtr
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare strings with space in if statement

DEV> vi test_if_statement.sh "test_if_statement.sh" 9 lines, 205 characters proc_out="Normal completion" proc_out_comp="Normal completion" echo 'proc_out:'$proc_out echo 'proc_out_comp:'$proc_out_comp if then echo 'match' else echo 'no_match' fi ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cartrider
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 Strings

I have 2 values V_1_4_4_b1 and V_1_5_1_RC_b1. I would need to compare them and determine if the 1st value is greater, less or equal than the 2nd value. The result should need to have a return value. I have below code in bash function but it seems it is not comparing it correctly. Any help will... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aderamos12
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

If statement to compare two strings

Hi, I am trying to do the following to see if "ip" is already present in a file. if ; then echo "hi" else echo "hello" fi I am seeing errors on the if statement. Can someone please correct the syntax for me? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waince
2 Replies
pthread_condattr_init(3T)												 pthread_condattr_init(3T)

NAME
pthread_condattr_init(), pthread_condattr_destroy() - initialize or destroy a condition variable attributes object. SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
attr Pointer to the condition variable attributes object to be initialized or destroyed. DESCRIPTION
initializes the condition variable attributes object attr with the default values for all attributes. The attributes object describes a condition variable in detail and is passed to the condition variable initialization function. When a condition variable attributes object is used to initialize a condition variable, the values of the individual attributes determine the characteristics of the new condition variable. Attributes objects act like additional parameters to object initialization. A single attributes object can be used in multiple calls to the function When a condition variable is initialized with an attributes object, the attributes are, in effect, copied into the condition variable. Consequently, any change to the attributes object will not affect any previously initialized condition variables. Once all condition vari- ables needing a specific attributes object have been initialized, the attributes object is no longer needed. The condition variable attributes and their default values are: The default value is If an initialized condition variable attributes object is reinitialized, undefined behavior results. destroys the condition variable attributes object attr. The destroyed condition variable attributes object ceases to exist and its resources are reclaimed. Using attr after it has been destroyed results in undefined behavior. A destroyed condition variable attributes object can be reinitialized using the function Condition variables that have been already initialized using this attributes object are not affected by the destruction of the condition variable attributes object. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, and return zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: [ENOMEM] There is insufficient memory available in which to initialize the condition variable attributes object. [EINVAL] attr is not a valid condition variable attributes object. For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] attr is not a valid condition variable attributes object. AUTHOR
and were derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3T), pthread_condattr_getpshared(3T), pthread_cond_init(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_condattr_init(3T)