Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Multi-Queue virtio-net Functionality in Linux Post 303032758 by Neo on Saturday 23rd of March 2019 04:46:55 AM
Old 03-23-2019
Helper and debugging scripts for the Virtio-forwarder are located in /usr/lib[64]/virtio-forwarder/.

Here are pointers to using some of the more useful one, from the docs:
  • virtioforwarder_stats.py: Gathers statistics (including rate stats) from running relay instances.
  • virtioforwarder_core_pinner.py: Manually pin relay instances to CPUs at runtime. Uses the same syntax asmthe environment file, that is, -virtio-cpu=RN:Ci,Cj. Run without arguments to get the current relay to CPUmapping. Note that the mappings may be overridden by the load balancer if it is also running. The same is true for mappings provided in the configuration file.
  • virtioforwarder_monitor_load.py: Provides a bar-like representation of the current load on worker CPUs. Useful to monitor the work of the load balancer.

System logs can be viewed by running journalctl -u virtio-forwarder -u vio4wd_core_scheduler on systemd-enabled systems.

Syslog provides the same information on older systems.

Hope this helps....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Message Queue in Linux

Hello How can I see the created message queues in the system? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Duplicating MAC linux or net?

hi guys I have a IBM eServer BladeCenter HS12 with Linux Red Hat 5.4 installed on it, it is using Bonding. ifcfg-bond0 DEVICE=bond0 BOOTPROTO=none ONBOOT=yes TYPE=Ethernet IPADDR=x.x.x.x NETMASK=x.x.x.x GATEWAY=x.x.x.x USERCTL=no IPV6INIT=no PEERDNS=no BONDING_OPTS="miimon=80... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
1 Replies

3. Linux

Modifying Linux in WesternDigital net disks

Hi, I am installing perl and rsnapshot on the OS of a Western Digital MyBook disk. To install perl the ./Configure command tells me that both 'tr' and 'split' are missing. I don't find them on the net. Where can I download them? Thanks. Charles. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mosndup
2 Replies

4. AIX

Remote printing to Linux CUPS queue

Hello all. I am setting up a queue under AIX 4.2.1 to print to a remote Linux CUPS queue. At present I can print to the queue remotely from Windows but not AIX. What I am seeing is lpstat reads the state of the remote queue but at job submission time I am getting backend exit fatal errors. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tgx
4 Replies

5. IP Networking

help implementing an ip filter in linux/net/socket.c (kernel programming)

hi there so, i was given an assignment: implement a linux system call that blocks all packets that are sent to a given IP (i have to do it without using iptables) i'm really new to kernel programming btw (and i'm enjoying it a lot) so, my syscall is called ip_block() and receives a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lgfaria
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can "netif_queue_stopped" function check wether or not the net device queue is stopped?

Hi, all: In linux 3.0.4, can "netif_queue_stopped" function check wether or not the net device queue is stopped? How could I know wether a net device queue is stopped or not? li,kunlun (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: liklstar
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substract selective values in multi row, multi column file (using awk or sed?)

Hi, I have a problem where I need to make this input: nameRow1a,text1a,text2a,floatValue1a,FloatValue2a,...,floatValue140a nameRow1b,text1b,text2b,floatValue1b,FloatValue2b,...,floatValue140b look like this output: nameRow1a,text1b,text2a,(floatValue1a - floatValue1b),(floatValue2a -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nricardo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi line sorting in Linux

I have log files with following format - YYYY/MM/DD HH:mm:ss.msec|field2|filed3| log message Now the message itself can be multi line message containing new line character. for e.g. 2013/02/05 15:33:12.234|abc|xyz| This is first single line message. 2013/02/05 15:33:12.786|abc|xyz| This... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gini32
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Merge multi-lines into one single line using shell script or Linux command

Hi, Can anyone help me for merge the following multi-line log which beginning with a " and line ending with ": into one line. *****Original Log***** 087;2008-12-06;084403;"mc;;SYHLR6AP1D\LNZW;AD-703;1;12475;SYHLR6AP1B;1.1.1.1;0000000062;HGPDI:MSISDN=12345678,APNID=1,EQOSID=365;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshlinux2010
3 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Information on forwarding queue occupation in a Linux router

Hello. I have an OpenWrt router forwarding traffic from a network to another and I'm building a monitoring tool that requires information about the packet queue/ ring buffer (in the receiving side/interface - rx) occupation, alerting me when it is close to its maximum capacity. However, after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: i_mll
1 Replies
MODULES-LOAD.D(5)						  modules-load.d						 MODULES-LOAD.D(5)

NAME
modules-load.d - Configure kernel modules to load at boot SYNOPSIS
/etc/modules-load.d/*.conf /run/modules-load.d/*.conf /usr/lib/modules-load.d/*.conf DESCRIPTION
systemd-modules-load.service(8) reads files from the above directories which contain kernel modules to load during boot in a static list. Each configuration file is named in the style of /etc/modules-load.d/program.conf. Note that it is usually a better idea to rely on the automatic module loading by PCI IDs, USB IDs, DMI IDs or similar triggers encoded in the kernel modules themselves instead of static configuration like this. In fact, most modern kernel modules are prepared for automatic loading already. CONFIGURATION FORMAT
The configuration files should simply contain a list of kernel module names to load, separated by newlines. Empty lines and lines whose first non-whitespace character is # or ; are ignored. CONFIGURATION DIRECTORIES AND PRECEDENCE
Configuration files are read from directories in /etc/, /run/, and /lib/, in order of precedence. Each configuration file in these configuration directories shall be named in the style of filename.conf. Files in /etc/ override files with the same name in /run/ and /lib/. Files in /run/ override files with the same name in /lib/. Packages should install their configuration files in /lib/. Files in /etc/ are reserved for the local administrator, who may use this logic to override the configuration files installed by vendor packages. All configuration files are sorted by their filename in lexicographic order, regardless of which of the directories they reside in. If multiple files specify the same option, the entry in the file with the lexicographically latest name will take precedence. It is recommended to prefix all filenames with a two-digit number and a dash, to simplify the ordering of the files. If the administrator wants to disable a configuration file supplied by the vendor, the recommended way is to place a symlink to /dev/null in the configuration directory in /etc/, with the same filename as the vendor configuration file. If the vendor configuration file is included in the initrd image, the image has to be regenerated. EXAMPLE
Example 1. /etc/modules-load.d/virtio-net.conf example: # Load virtio-net.ko at boot virtio-net SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-modules-load.service(8), systemd-delta(1), modprobe(8) systemd 237 MODULES-LOAD.D(5)