Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Why LD_LIBRARY_PATH did not work but LDFLAGS did? Post 303032707 by colt on Friday 22nd of March 2019 08:55:34 AM
Old 03-22-2019
Thanks for the answers.

Another doubt. Once during a compilation, I passed the location of the Glib .pc file to the program I was compiling through PKG_CONFIG_PATH, however, configure complained about the existence of another version of Glib, that already was installed in my system. However, when I adjusted LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the lib dir of my compiled Glib, it ignored the system default Glib, allowing the configuration process to execute until its end. If LD_LIBRARY_PATH is to be used during runtime, how it did work in this case? Shouldn't have been LDFLAGS ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cc, setuid, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Hi, This question deals with Solaris 2.8 and setuid programs. From research I've done so far, setuid programs ignore LD_LIBRARY_PATH; I've proven this and am OK with it. The thing I am not certain of how the C compiler is supposed to behave when it is invoked via a setuid program. Basically,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: WolfBoy
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Hello I have just tried to install ns-allineone-2.31 on cygwin cygwin is using the bash shell it asks for somethings to be put into the LD_LIBRAY_PATH, here is a snippet of what it says. (1) You MUST put /home/Chris/ns-allinone-2.31/otcl-1.13, /home/Chris/ns-allinone-2.31/lib, into your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bysonary
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ld_library_path

Hi, can anyone explain this terrm? should we setup it ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccp
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

SHLIB_PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH

hi Im using HP-UX 11i,PARISC .... Where do i find SHLIB_PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH , i couldnt find in env, listing...... Moreover im trying to execute file its throwing me error usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library: libgcc_s.sl /usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
3 Replies

5. Solaris

setenv: cannot add the LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Hi all! I need to add new environment variable. e.g. # setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "/usr/ucblib:" # I check:# env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/ucblib: After rebooting I don't see this variable. Why don't save this variable? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Help with LDFLAGS options

Hi, We currently have a Makefile which has the following option in LDFLAGS: LDFLAGS_solaris= -G -library=%none Can anyone please help on what the significance of -library=%none is ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jkbuilds
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

updating LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Inside my csh script, I have the following command: source ${HOME}/.login When I execute my csh script, why do I get the following error message: /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/export: Permission denied This is what I have inside my .login #!/bin/bash export... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: casau
9 Replies

8. AIX

Set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to 1 or empty

I have a question on setting environmental variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH. The case is that, i cannot execute wget on my AIX machine. It return the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program wget because of the following errors: 0509-022 Cannot load module... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstsang
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ld_library_path

Hi., Currently my LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting is, LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/app/product/11.2.0/client_1/lib Now, I need to append the JAVA to this setting... Can I set this way, Please suggest. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuthakki
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I am on Solaris . I have written a script callled T_1.sh #!/bin/sh ######################################################################################################## # # Source borne shell env.This is required for crontab to work as bip.sh uses environmental variables.... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
24 Replies
Glib::Log(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    Glib::Log(3pm)

NAME
Glib::Log - A flexible logging mechanism METHODS
scalar = Glib::Log->set_always_fatal ($fatal_mask) o $fatal_mask (scalar) Glib->critical ($domain, $message) o $domain (string or undef) o $message (string) Glib::Log::default_handler ($log_domain, $log_level, $message, ...) o $log_domain (string) o $log_level (scalar) o $message (string) o ... (list) possible "userdata" argument ignored The arguments are the same as taken by the function for set_handler or set_default_handler. prev_log_func = Glib->set_default_handler ($log_func, $user_data) o $log_func (subroutine) handler function or undef o $user_data (scalar) Install log_func as the default log handler. log_func is called for anything which doesn't otherwise have a handler (either Glib::Log->set_handler, or the Glib::xsapi gperl_handle_logs_for), &$log_func ($log_domain, $log_levels, $message, $user_data) where $log_domain is a string, and $log_levels is a Glib::LogLevelFlags of level and flags being reported. If log_func is &Glib::Log::default_handler or undef then Glib's default handler is set. The return value from "set_default_handler" is the previous handler. This is &Glib::Log::default_handler for Glib's default, otherwise a Perl function previously installed. If the handler is some other non-Perl function then currently the return is undef, but perhaps that will change to some wrapped thing, except that without associated userdata there's very little which could be done with it (it couldn't be reinstalled later without its userdata). Since: glib 2.6 Glib->error ($domain, $message) o $domain (string or undef) o $message (string) scalar = Glib::Log->set_fatal_mask ($log_domain, $fatal_mask) o $log_domain (string) o $fatal_mask (scalar) integer = Glib::Log->set_handler ($log_domain, $log_levels, $log_func, $user_data=undef) o $log_domain (string or undef) name of the domain to handle with this callback. o $log_levels (Glib::LogLevelFlags) log levels to handle with this callback o $log_func (subroutine) handler function o $user_data (scalar) $log_func will be called as &$log_func ($log_domain, $log_levels, $message, $user_data); where $log_domain is the name requested and $log_levels is a Glib::LogLevelFlags of level and flags being reported. Glib->log ($log_domain, $log_level, $message) o $log_domain (string or undef) o $log_level (scalar) o $message (string) Glib->message ($domain, $message) o $domain (string or undef) o $message (string) Glib::Log->remove_handler ($log_domain, $handler_id) o $log_domain (string or undef) o $handler_id (integer) as returned by "set_handler" Glib->warning ($domain, $message) o $domain (string or undef) o $message (string) ENUMS AND FLAGS
flags Glib::LogLevelFlags o 'recursion' / 'G_LOG_FLAG_RECURSION' o 'fatal' / 'G_LOG_FLAG_FATAL' o 'error' / 'G_LOG_LEVEL_ERROR' o 'critical' / 'G_LOG_LEVEL_CRITICAL' o 'warning' / 'G_LOG_LEVEL_WARNING' o 'message' / 'G_LOG_LEVEL_MESSAGE' o 'info' / 'G_LOG_LEVEL_INFO' o 'debug' / 'G_LOG_LEVEL_DEBUG' o 'fatal-mask' / 'G_LOG_FATAL_MASK' SEE ALSO
Glib COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2011 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Glib for a full notice. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-24 Glib::Log(3pm)