Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Multi-Queue virtio-net Functionality in Linux Post 303032703 by Paras Pandey on Friday 22nd of March 2019 08:26:20 AM
Old 03-22-2019
Multi-Queue virtio-net Functionality in Linux

It seems that multi queue virtio functionality is enabled in the Redhat System being used, but I need to confirm if this functionality is working appropriately:

Code:
cat /usr/include/linux/virtio_net.hstruct virtio_net_config

{ /* The config defining mac address (if VIRTIO_NET_F_MAC) */ __u8 mac[6]; /* See VIRTIO_NET_F_STATUS and VIRTIO_NET_S_* above */ __u16 status; /* Maximum number of each of transmit and receive queues; * see VIRTIO_NET_F_MQ and VIRTIO_NET_CTRL_MQ. * Legal values are between 1 and 0x8000 */ __u16 max_virtqueue_pairs; }

_attribute_((packed));

I want to test below scenarios:

The guest is active on many connections at the same time, with traffic running between guests, guest to host, or guest to an external system.

Also is there any other way to check if Multi-Queue virtio-net Functionality is functioning appropriately

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Message Queue in Linux

Hello How can I see the created message queues in the system? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Duplicating MAC linux or net?

hi guys I have a IBM eServer BladeCenter HS12 with Linux Red Hat 5.4 installed on it, it is using Bonding. ifcfg-bond0 DEVICE=bond0 BOOTPROTO=none ONBOOT=yes TYPE=Ethernet IPADDR=x.x.x.x NETMASK=x.x.x.x GATEWAY=x.x.x.x USERCTL=no IPV6INIT=no PEERDNS=no BONDING_OPTS="miimon=80... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
1 Replies

3. Linux

Modifying Linux in WesternDigital net disks

Hi, I am installing perl and rsnapshot on the OS of a Western Digital MyBook disk. To install perl the ./Configure command tells me that both 'tr' and 'split' are missing. I don't find them on the net. Where can I download them? Thanks. Charles. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mosndup
2 Replies

4. AIX

Remote printing to Linux CUPS queue

Hello all. I am setting up a queue under AIX 4.2.1 to print to a remote Linux CUPS queue. At present I can print to the queue remotely from Windows but not AIX. What I am seeing is lpstat reads the state of the remote queue but at job submission time I am getting backend exit fatal errors. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tgx
4 Replies

5. IP Networking

help implementing an ip filter in linux/net/socket.c (kernel programming)

hi there so, i was given an assignment: implement a linux system call that blocks all packets that are sent to a given IP (i have to do it without using iptables) i'm really new to kernel programming btw (and i'm enjoying it a lot) so, my syscall is called ip_block() and receives a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lgfaria
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can "netif_queue_stopped" function check wether or not the net device queue is stopped?

Hi, all: In linux 3.0.4, can "netif_queue_stopped" function check wether or not the net device queue is stopped? How could I know wether a net device queue is stopped or not? li,kunlun (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: liklstar
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substract selective values in multi row, multi column file (using awk or sed?)

Hi, I have a problem where I need to make this input: nameRow1a,text1a,text2a,floatValue1a,FloatValue2a,...,floatValue140a nameRow1b,text1b,text2b,floatValue1b,FloatValue2b,...,floatValue140b look like this output: nameRow1a,text1b,text2a,(floatValue1a - floatValue1b),(floatValue2a -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nricardo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi line sorting in Linux

I have log files with following format - YYYY/MM/DD HH:mm:ss.msec|field2|filed3| log message Now the message itself can be multi line message containing new line character. for e.g. 2013/02/05 15:33:12.234|abc|xyz| This is first single line message. 2013/02/05 15:33:12.786|abc|xyz| This... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gini32
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Merge multi-lines into one single line using shell script or Linux command

Hi, Can anyone help me for merge the following multi-line log which beginning with a " and line ending with ": into one line. *****Original Log***** 087;2008-12-06;084403;"mc;;SYHLR6AP1D\LNZW;AD-703;1;12475;SYHLR6AP1B;1.1.1.1;0000000062;HGPDI:MSISDN=12345678,APNID=1,EQOSID=365;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshlinux2010
3 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Information on forwarding queue occupation in a Linux router

Hello. I have an OpenWrt router forwarding traffic from a network to another and I'm building a monitoring tool that requires information about the packet queue/ ring buffer (in the receiving side/interface - rx) occupation, alerting me when it is close to its maximum capacity. However, after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: i_mll
1 Replies
HV_KVP_DAEMON(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					  HV_KVP_DAEMON(8)

NAME
hv_kvp_daemon -- Hyper-V Key Value Pair Daemon SYNOPSIS
hv_kvp_daemon [-dn] DESCRIPTION
The hv_kvp_daemon daemon provides the ability to store, retrieve, modify and delete Key Value pairs for FreeBSD guest partitions running on Hyper-V. Hyper-V allows administrators to store custom metadata in the form of Key Value pairs inside the FreeBSD guest partition. Administrators can use Windows Powershell scripts to add, read, modify and delete such Key Value pairs. The hv_kvp_daemon accepts Key Value pair management requests from the hv_utils(4) driver and performs the actual metadata management on the file-system. The same daemon and driver combination is also used to set and get IP addresses from a FreeBSD guest. The set functionality is particularly useful when the FreeBSD guest is assigned a static IP address and is failed over from one Hyper-V host to another. After failover, Hyper-V uses the set IP functionality to automatically update the FreeBSD guest's IP address to its original static value. On the other hand, the get IP functionality is used to update the guest IP address in the Hyper-V management console window. The options are as follows: -d Run as regular process instead of a daemon for debugging purpose. -n Generate debugging output. SEE ALSO
hv_vmbus(4), hv_utils(4), hv_netvsc(4), hv_storvsc(4), hv_ata_pci_disengage(4), hv_kvp(4) HISTORY
Support for Hyper-V in the form of ports was first released in September 2013. The daemon was developed through a joint effort between Cit- rix Inc., Microsoft Corp. and Network Appliance Inc.. AUTHORS
FreeBSD support for hv_kvp_daemon was first added by Microsoft BSD Integration Services Team <bsdic@microsoft.com>. BSD
October 27, 2014 BSD