Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Why LD_LIBRARY_PATH did not work but LDFLAGS did? Post 303032561 by Corona688 on Wednesday 20th of March 2019 11:31:50 AM
Old 03-20-2019
In short, LDFLAGS only works at compile-time, while LD_LIBRARY_PATH only works at run-time. You were compiling, hence LDFLAGS.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cc, setuid, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Hi, This question deals with Solaris 2.8 and setuid programs. From research I've done so far, setuid programs ignore LD_LIBRARY_PATH; I've proven this and am OK with it. The thing I am not certain of how the C compiler is supposed to behave when it is invoked via a setuid program. Basically,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: WolfBoy
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Hello I have just tried to install ns-allineone-2.31 on cygwin cygwin is using the bash shell it asks for somethings to be put into the LD_LIBRAY_PATH, here is a snippet of what it says. (1) You MUST put /home/Chris/ns-allinone-2.31/otcl-1.13, /home/Chris/ns-allinone-2.31/lib, into your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bysonary
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ld_library_path

Hi, can anyone explain this terrm? should we setup it ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccp
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

SHLIB_PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH

hi Im using HP-UX 11i,PARISC .... Where do i find SHLIB_PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH , i couldnt find in env, listing...... Moreover im trying to execute file its throwing me error usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library: libgcc_s.sl /usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
3 Replies

5. Solaris

setenv: cannot add the LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Hi all! I need to add new environment variable. e.g. # setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "/usr/ucblib:" # I check:# env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/ucblib: After rebooting I don't see this variable. Why don't save this variable? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Help with LDFLAGS options

Hi, We currently have a Makefile which has the following option in LDFLAGS: LDFLAGS_solaris= -G -library=%none Can anyone please help on what the significance of -library=%none is ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jkbuilds
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

updating LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Inside my csh script, I have the following command: source ${HOME}/.login When I execute my csh script, why do I get the following error message: /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/export: Permission denied This is what I have inside my .login #!/bin/bash export... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: casau
9 Replies

8. AIX

Set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to 1 or empty

I have a question on setting environmental variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH. The case is that, i cannot execute wget on my AIX machine. It return the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program wget because of the following errors: 0509-022 Cannot load module... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstsang
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ld_library_path

Hi., Currently my LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting is, LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/app/product/11.2.0/client_1/lib Now, I need to append the JAVA to this setting... Can I set this way, Please suggest. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuthakki
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I am on Solaris . I have written a script callled T_1.sh #!/bin/sh ######################################################################################################## # # Source borne shell env.This is required for crontab to work as bip.sh uses environmental variables.... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
24 Replies
NEON-CONFIG(1)							       neon							    NEON-CONFIG(1)

NAME
neon-config - script providing information about installed copy of neon library SYNOPSIS
neon-config [--prefix] [--cflags | --libs | --support feature | --help | --version] DESCRIPTION
The neon-config script provides information about an installed copy of the neon library. The --cflags and --libs options instruct how to compile and link an application against the library; the --version and --support options can help determine whether the library meets the applications requirements. OPTIONS
--cflags Print the flags which should be passed to the C compiler when compiling object files, when the object files use neon header files. --libs Print the flags which should be passed to the linker when linking an application which uses the neon library --version Print the version of the library --prefix dir If dir is given; relocate output of --cflags and --libs as if neon was installed in given prefix directory. Otherwise, print the installation prefix of the library. --support feature The script exits with success if feature is supported by the library. --help Print help message; includes list of known features and whether they are supported or not. EXAMPLE
Below is a Makefile fragment which could be used to build an application against an installed neon library, when the neon-config script can be found in $PATH. CFLAGS = `neon-config --cflags` LIBS = `neon-config --libs` OBJECTS = myapp.o TARGET = myapp $(TARGET): $(OBJECTS) $(CC) $(LDFLAGS) -o $(TARGET) $(OBJECTS) $(LIBS) myapp.o: myapp.c $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c myapp.c -o myapp.o AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@webdav.org>. neon 0.23.5 8 October 2002 NEON-CONFIG(1)