Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Find: ‘-ls’ is not the name of a known user Post 303032505 by drew77 on Tuesday 19th of March 2019 11:52:51 AM
Old 03-19-2019
I am trying to figure what I am doing wrong here.

Code:
find . '!' -user $USER -ls 
andy@7_~/Downloads$

Last edited by RudiC; 03-19-2019 at 01:03 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find user/login id?

It seems like not all Unix have whoami. What is the alterate way to display just the login id? Any help is appreciated jak (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I find a user profile

Hi, I want to know how can i find a user when he has logged in and how many times and days (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darwinscp@hotma
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

how can i find a user profile

Hi I want to know how can i find a user when he has logged in, at what time and how many days, anyone can help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darwinscp@hotma
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find User

I have a file in my home directory and I want to know all the users who have tried to read the file from my directory and or access the particualr file. Could someone helpme in this as to how I can proceed further? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Find a whether user exists or not.

Hi all, to find a user whether he had an account on AIX box i will use commands like "finger" , "lsuser". I am new to solaris and we are migrating to solaris. now i am using " more /etc/passwd | grep -i <UserID> " to find a user present in that solaris box or not. Are der any similar... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
9 Replies

6. AIX

ldapsearch to find DN for a user

How can I do a ldapsearch to find a DN for a user when I know the exact cn for that user out of active directory. I have tried several different commands (hundreds) but need the -b with the full dn to perform the search using ldapsearch from AIX. I am trying to find the OU for a user and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchart3
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

Need to find user login name with their First name and last name

I need to find user login name with their First name and last name .Using HP-UX . i used Finger but couldn't able to get ... $ finger ravi.kumar@domain.com ksh: domain.com: not found i tried with finger kumar ravi finger ravi kumar but not able to get It just giving Login name:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a user on the system

i am prompting for a name to search. read user if then however, i get this error: please enter a username on the system: fool menu_script2.sh: line 123: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: icelated
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find if a User exist if not create user

What I'm trying to do is write a script in Perl to find a user and if that user exist it would print "User Exist, Pls Try Again". If The user doesn't exist I'm able to create a user with a password. Any suggestions? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GoBoyGo
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Default user

All, Working in Kubuntu 14.04 I know I can find the default user line using the cmd from bash: cat /etc/passwd | grep 1000 What I get is: user:x:1000:1000:User Name,,,:/home/user:/bin/bash How do I extract to get: myuser=$user myhome=$homdir All help appreciated! Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: OldManRiver
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)