Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Script to iterate over several options Post 303032496 by Corona688 on Tuesday 19th of March 2019 11:30:10 AM
Old 03-19-2019
Code:
BASE=/opt/SP/
set -- server1 user1 dom1 server2 user2 dom2 server3 user3 dom3

while [ "$#" -gt 0 ]
do
        ssh -t "$2@$1" "cd $BASE/$3 ; exec bash"
        shift 3
done

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Iterate a min/max awk script over time-series temperature data

I'm trying to iterate a UNIX awk script that returns min/max temperature data for each day from a monthly weather data file (01_weath.dat). The temperature data is held in $5. The temps are reported each minute so each day contains 1440 temperature enteries. The below code has gotten me as far as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgourley
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with options and arguments to a script

I'm trying to write a script that accepts both arguments and options, e.g. ./script -h 1 -m 15 -s 30 or ./script -h 1 -m 15 -s 30 I'd like for any of the arguments and options to be optional, and the option values should be numerals only. I've tried both getopt and getopts but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ilja
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing options into a script

Afternoon all, I have been writing a script to do some selects on a table dependent on what options are selected when the script is run: #!/bin/ksh set -x set -m if then echo "usage: msglog.ksh -da <date and time> -i <interface> -m <msg> -di <direction> -mi <MIR>" exit 1 fi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[solved] Script creation (how to include options in the script)

Hi guys i have written a script which takes the options given to him and execute itself accordingly. for example if a script name is doctortux then executing doctortux without option should made doctortux to be executed in automatic mode i.e. doctortux -a or if a doctortux is needed to run in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to count specific word and iterate over number of files.

Hi Experts, I want to know the count of specific word in a file. I have almost 600+ files. So I want to loop thru each file and get the count of the specific word. Please help me on achieving this... Many thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script options

one thing i was trying to figure out is if you can give people the option to choose what they want to do in a shell script. for example, let's just say that you have a simple shell script to install a couple of programs, can you make it to where you can press a certain key to install a certain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hotshot247
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to iterate

Hi i need to find x in the following equation such that it satisfies this condition: y/x-ln(x)-1.24=0 how can i write a script to iterate to give random x to satisfy this equation. y is different each time too. any help with awk/shell script will be awesome! thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saint2006
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to iterate all command line arguments

Hi guys, I am having trouble with this script. What i want it to do is to iterate all command line arguments in reverse order. The code below does this fine but i need the output to print the words on separate lines instead of one line: #!/bin/bash #Takes in the arguments and displays them... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pipeline2012
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterate over `dirs` in a bash script

I would like to iterate over `dirs`in a script, but the script will never show more than one (current) folder #! /bin/bash for i in `dirs` do echo ${i} done echo ++++++++++++++++++ for i in $( dirs -p ) do echo ${i} done echo ------------------ dirscontent=`dirs` echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexanderb
5 Replies
SMPTEFrame(3)							    libltcsmpte 						     SMPTEFrame(3)

NAME
SMPTEFrame - Raw 80 bit SMPTE frame. SYNOPSIS
#include <ltcsmpte.h> Data Fields unsigned int frameUnits:4 unsigned int user1:4 unsigned int frameTens:2 unsigned int dfbit:1 unsigned int colFrm:1 unsigned int user2:4 unsigned int secsUnits:4 unsigned int user3:4 unsigned int secsTens:3 unsigned int biphaseMarkPhaseCorrection:1 unsigned int user4:4 unsigned int minsUnits:4 unsigned int user5:4 unsigned int minsTens:3 unsigned int binaryGroupFlagBit1:1 unsigned int user6:4 unsigned int hoursUnits:4 unsigned int user7:4 unsigned int hoursTens:2 unsigned int reserved:1 unsigned int binaryGroupFlagBit2:1 unsigned int user8:4 unsigned int syncWord:16 Detailed Description Raw 80 bit SMPTE frame. Definition at line 140 of file ltcsmpte.h. Field Documentation unsigned int SMPTEFrame::binaryGroupFlagBit1 Definition at line 160 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::binaryGroupFlagBit2 Definition at line 168 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::biphaseMarkPhaseCorrection Definition at line 153 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::colFrm Definition at line 146 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::dfbit Examples: tests/decoder.c. Definition at line 145 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::frameTens Definition at line 144 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::frameUnits Definition at line 141 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::hoursTens Definition at line 166 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::hoursUnits Definition at line 163 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::minsTens Definition at line 159 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::minsUnits Definition at line 156 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::reserved Definition at line 167 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::secsTens Definition at line 152 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::secsUnits Definition at line 149 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::syncWord Definition at line 171 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::user1 Definition at line 142 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::user2 Definition at line 147 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::user3 Definition at line 150 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::user4 Definition at line 154 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::user5 Definition at line 157 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::user6 Definition at line 161 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::user7 Definition at line 164 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::user8 Definition at line 169 of file ltcsmpte.h. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libltcsmpte from the source code. Version 0.4.4 Fri Apr 27 2012 SMPTEFrame(3)