Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers 0403-016 Cannot find or open the file in If Statement Post 303032479 by RudiC on Tuesday 19th of March 2019 05:17:17 AM
Old 03-19-2019
Despite nezabudka's and MadeInGermany's comments being correct they don't explain the error message. It comes from the shell interpreting the < as the redirection operator for stdin, and it doesn't find the file named the $error_limit's value. Escaping it would have helped circumvent that error, but had immediately stumbled over the next one: <= is not an accepted operator (in bashat least - you didn't mention the shell you use), use ! ... \> in lieu. Be aware that either of these compare values lexicographically using the current locale, so 145 would be considered less than 87, for instance. That's where nezabudka's proposals to use integer / numerical operators (like -le) come into play.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting error 0403-016 Cannot find or open the file while reading a long line

Hi, I have an requirement of reading a long line of 7000 chars and cutting it iam doing this : while read -r x do echo $x ......... done < `cat filename` when iam doing this it is giving me "0403-016 Cannot find or open the file." Can anyone let how this can be done. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthee
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

0403-015 - Cannot access a required executable file. It is in use.

How is this error resolved please? I'm just trying to run a shell script and am getting this error. All file permissions are fine. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: miwinter
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Error Message: find: cannot open /: Stale NFS file handle

I am using the "find" command below and it respond with the error message " find: cannot open /: Stale NFS file handle" what does it mean? what can I do about it? Need advice, thanks. below are the command that I enter, the respond and the error message: root@ScripServer:/# find / -name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezsurf
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Error: 13192.sumr: 0403-016 Cannot find or open the file.

Hello, i am familiar enough with unix to do some damage but thats about it. We have a set of RS/6000 43P Model 150's running AIX for our Catia V4 programmers. back in the 90's a script was written to automate the conversion of files into machine code. that script has started giving us... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgruenwald
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop find statement file name manipulation

for i in `find . -name "*.BEFORE_DISASTER_RECOVERY"`;do dir_name=`dirname $i`;file_name=`basename $i`;cd $dir_name;mv $file_name (STUCK HERE) ;pwd;cd $BASE_DIR;done Okay, so I was able to get to this point. As you can see, I have a small for loop that searches for any files with the string... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
5 Replies

6. SCO

Error: msgcnt 1 vxfs: mesg 016: vx_ilisterr - / file system error reading

Hello... i got an error in my SCO OpenServer 6. the error is: msgcnt 1 vxfs: mesg 016: vx_ilisterr - / file system error reading inode 373 Can anyone help me? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AndryMB
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie.. Find if a file exists and open, if not create the desired file..

Hey all, I'm brand new to script writing, I'm wanting to make a script that will ask for a file and then retrieve that file if it exists, and if it doesn't exist, create the file with the desired name, and I'm completely stuck.. so far.. #! bin/bash echo "Enter desired file" read "$file" if ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Byrang
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nothing is getting displayed on browser while using open statement

Hi, I have the below script which is working fine on cmd line, but nothing gets displayed on browser. There is no permission issue. If i remove the open statement and print some other data. Its working fine on browser. Kindly help. #!c:/perl/bin/perl use Win32::ODBC; use CGI ':standard';... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: miteshpant
19 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Statement to find if an entry exists in a file

I need to check if an entry input by the user is in a file. If so, I need to run a command, and if it does not exist then it should output entry does not exist. So I have so far... echo "Enter record:" read record //command || //command Can I use an if statement to do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itech4814
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] 0403-057 Syntax error for if statement

I am getting the following error when I am running a script in ksh when trying to execute an if statement comparing two numerical values tstmb.sh: 1.5321e+08: 0403-057 Syntax error Below is my code snippet. #!/bin/ksh set -x TODAY=$(date +%y%m%d) for file in $(ls -rt *.log | tail... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran1112
11 Replies
XtMenuPopup()															     XtMenuPopup()

Name
  XtMenuPopup - built-in action for popping up a widget.

Synopsis (Translation Table)
  <Event sequence>: XtMenuPopup(shell_name)

Inputs
  shell_name
	    Specifies the name of the widget shell to pop up.

Availability
  This action is named MenuPopup prior to Release 4.

Description
  XtMenuPopdown  is a predefined action procedure which does not have a corresponding public C routine.  It can only be invoked from a trans-
  lation table.

XtMenuPopup tries to find the named shell by searching the widget tree starting at the widget in which it is invoked.  If it finds a	shell
  with the specified name in the popup children of that widget, it pops up the shell with the appropriate parameters.  Otherwise, it moves up
  the parent chain to find a popup child with the specified name.  If XtMenuPopup gets to the application top-level shell widget and has  not
  found a matching shell, it generates a warning and returns immediately.

If  XtMenuPopup is invoked on ButtonPress, it calls XtPopupSpringLoaded() on the specified shell widget.  If XtMenuPopup is invoked on Key-
  Press or EnterWindow, it calls XtPopup() on the specified shell widget with grab_kind set to XtGrabNonexclusive.  Otherwise,	the  transla-
  tion manager generates a warning message and ignores the action.

XtMenuPopup  is specially registered with the translation manager as an action that will invoke a grab.  This registration is done by call-
  ing XtRegisterGrabAction() specifying owner_events True, event_mask ButtonPressMask	ButtonReleaseMask, and pointer_mode and keyboard_mode
  GrabModeAsync.

Usage
  Note that XtMenuPopup is an action procedure; you cannot call it from C code.

MenuPopup is a synonym for XtMenuPopup.

Popup  shells  can  also  be popped up explicitly using XtPopup(), XtPopupSpringLoaded() or one of the predefined popup callback procedures
  (see XtCallbackExclusive()).

The action XtMenuPopdown can be used to pop down a shell widget from a translation table.

See Also
  XtMenuPopdown(1), XtPopDown(1), XtPopup(1), XtPopupSpringLoaded(1), XtRegisterGrabAction(1).

Xt - Pop Ups															     XtMenuPopup()