Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Creating a tarball on Solaris issue with errors Post 303032467 by nikhil8 on Monday 18th of March 2019 11:07:38 PM
Old 03-19-2019
Thanks all for your support. I created the tar using pax command and have shared the tarball with our system admin to uncompress it on the new server.
Contents and count of files look good.
This User Gave Thanks to nikhil8 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 9 lroundf errors

When I want to install some softwares from source with gcc/4.3 on a sparc solaris 9 I always have errors like this one : (example with lapack-3.2) ../../lapack_SUN4.a(slacn2.o): In function `slacn2_': slacn2.f:(.text+0x1b0): undefined reference to `lroundf' slacn2.f:(.text+0x370): undefined... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Zone errors

after booting up my zone i get following error # zlogin -C DB_zone Sep 29 09:18:46 svc.startd: Could not log for svc:/system/filesystem/root:default: write(51) failed with I/O error. Sep 29 09:18:47 svc.startd: Could not log for svc:/system/installupdates:default: write(17) failed with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there any way to add to a tarball made in this fashion

Hello, I am wondering if there is an easy way to add a file to a tarball rather than extracting, adding, then remaking the tarball. The tarball was made in this way: tar -cpvzf .wine.tar.gz .wine/If I had a file to the .wine/ dir (or if I just wanted to add a file to the tarball), I would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unpack individual files from tarball

Say you don't want to unpack the whole thing, just individual files or directories within a .tgz. How to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevensw
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

tarball of current directory

I wanna make a backup tarball. I wanna write a script that makes tarball of the current directory. There are lots of files so I cant type all files, I wanna make the tarball by excluding few files. Like there 1000 files in a directory I wanna create a tarball containing 98 files of that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nishrestha
1 Replies

6. Solaris

apache 2.2.22 Solaris errors

Hi, I have installed apache 2.2.22 on solaris machine and trying to do some basic testing, but it is failing for one of the scenario. Seeing below in the error logs But noy sure why there is a need for AuthUserFile when i mentioned AuthldapURL. Please advise Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prash358
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating subset of compilation errors

I am compiling a fortran program using gfortran and the result looks as below I want to write a bash or awk script that will scan the information and output only problems within a range of line numbers Example: If I specify the file createmodl.f08, start line 1000 and end line 1100, I will... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract compressed tarball to folder?

This is for Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5.7 (Tikanga). Wanna extract entire contents of a tar.gz to a folder of my choosing. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevensw
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Self extracting tarball

I was wondering if anyone can point me to some topics, material, or tutorials that can help me write a shell script that creates a second script that is a Self-extracting tarball. Don't want any actual code obviously because this is a school project, but I feel my teacher didn't well cover the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: canes27
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue while creating RPM

I am trying to create an RPM that basically creates a JBOss container. At the end it copies folders and files in a particular directory structure. /root/rpmbuild/SOURCES # tree cac-1.0 cac-1.0 └── opt └── msdp └── ca └── iam_cac ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
1 Replies
SHTOOL-TARBALL.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool					     SHTOOL-TARBALL.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-tarball - GNU shtool command for rolling standardized tarballs SYNOPSIS
shtool tarball [-t|--trace] [-v|--verbose] [-o|--output tarball] [-c|--compress prog] [-d|--directory directory] [-u|--user user] [-g|--group group] [-e|--exclude pattern] path [path ...] DESCRIPTION
This command is for rolling input files under path into a distribution tarballs which can be extracted by tar(1). The four important aspects of good open source software tarballs are: (1) unpack into a single top-level directory, (2) top-level directory corresponds to the tarball filename, (3) tarball files should be sorted and (4) arbitrary names for file owner and group. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -v, --verbose Display some processing information. -t, --trace Enable the output of the essential shell commands which are executed. -o, --output tarball Output tarball to file tarball. -c, --compress prog Pipe resulting tarball through compression program prog. -d, --directory directory Sets the top-level directory into which the tarball unpacks. By default it is tarball without the trailing ".tar.*" extension. -u, --user user The user (owner) of files and directories in the tarball to user. -g, --group group The group of files and directories in the tarball to group. -e, --exclude pattern Exclude files and directories matching comma-separated list of regex pattern from the tarball. Directories are expanded before the filtering takes place. The default filter pattern is ""CVS,\.cvsignore,\.svn,\.[oa]$"". EXAMPLE
# Makefile.in dist: ... V=`shtool version -d short ...`; shtool tarball -o foobar-$$V.tar.gz -c 'gzip -9' -u bar -g gnu -e 'CVS,.cvsignore' . HISTORY
The GNU shtool tarball command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1999 for GNU shtool. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), tar(1), compress(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-TARBALL.TMP(1)