Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Are you sure you want to quit Safari? Post 303032437 by Neo on Monday 18th of March 2019 07:28:46 AM
Old 03-18-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksd8
I appreciate that what I pointed to is really old stuff but I do know that a top design agency which uses lots of Macs and Linux workstations has UPS's installed that, when a power outage occurs, runs the whole studio on battery backup for an hour and then lands all the boxes gracefully. Failure to land gracefully is not an option. They use Safari all the time so how does that work? The APC service runs a script to shutdown.

That has little to do with the issue I am having with Safari, Dennis, and the preferences switches in a 2008 has nearly zero to do with a Mac in 2019.

ROTFL Eleven years... that was Mac OS X 10.5, Leopard. , now it is Mac OS 10.14, Mojave.... the OS is very different animal, the preferences are very different. Eleven years!

Honestly, I can Google as well as the next guy and saw that 2009 link you shared before I asked the question. That's why I asked the question; because I could not find the answer on the net. What I need is info some some modern day MacOS user who knows how to get Mojave set up so Safari quits without a popup warning.

Thanks anyway Smilie

DateTime::Format::Epoch::MacOS(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       DateTime::Format::Epoch::MacOS(3pm)

NAME
DateTime::Format::Epoch::MacOS - Convert DateTimes to/from Mac OS epoch seconds SYNOPSIS
use DateTime::Format::Epoch::MacOS; my $dt = DateTime::Format::Epoch::MacOS->parse_datetime( 1051488000 ); DateTime::Format::Epoch::MacOS->format_datetime($dt); # 1051488000 my $formatter = DateTime::Format::Epoch::MacOS->new(); my $dt2 = $formatter->parse_datetime( 1051488000 ); $formatter->format_datetime($dt2); # 1051488000 DESCRIPTION
This module can convert a DateTime object (or any object that can be converted to a DateTime object) to the number of seconds since the Mac OS epoch. Note that the Mac OS epoch is defined in the local time zone. This means that these two pieces of code will print the same number of seconds, even though they represent two datetimes 6 hours apart: $dt = DateTime->new( year => 2003, month => 5, day => 2, time_zone => 'Europe/Amsterdam' ); print $formatter->format_datetime($dt); $dt = DateTime->new( year => 2003, month => 5, day => 2, time_zone => 'America/Chicago' ); print $formatter->format_datetime($dt); Mac OS X is a Unix system, and uses the Unix epoch (1970-01-01T00:00:00). Use DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix instead. METHODS
Most of the methods are the same as those in DateTime::Format::Epoch. The only difference is the constructor. o new() Constructor of the formatter/parser object. It has no parameters. SUPPORT
Support for this module is provided via the datetime@perl.org email list. See http://lists.perl.org/ for more details. AUTHOR
Eugene van der Pijll <pijll@gmx.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003 Eugene van der Pijll. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
DateTime datetime@perl.org mailing list perl v5.10.1 2007-12-03 DateTime::Format::Epoch::MacOS(3pm)