Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Are you sure you want to quit Safari? Post 303032437 by Neo on Monday 18th of March 2019 07:28:46 AM
Old 03-18-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksd8
I appreciate that what I pointed to is really old stuff but I do know that a top design agency which uses lots of Macs and Linux workstations has UPS's installed that, when a power outage occurs, runs the whole studio on battery backup for an hour and then lands all the boxes gracefully. Failure to land gracefully is not an option. They use Safari all the time so how does that work? The APC service runs a script to shutdown.

That has little to do with the issue I am having with Safari, Dennis, and the preferences switches in a 2008 has nearly zero to do with a Mac in 2019.

ROTFL Eleven years... that was Mac OS X 10.5, Leopard. , now it is Mac OS 10.14, Mojave.... the OS is very different animal, the preferences are very different. Eleven years!

Honestly, I can Google as well as the next guy and saw that 2009 link you shared before I asked the question. That's why I asked the question; because I could not find the answer on the net. What I need is info some some modern day MacOS user who knows how to get Mojave set up so Safari quits without a popup warning.

Thanks anyway Smilie

Text::Tabs(3pm) 					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					   Text::Tabs(3pm)

NAME
Text::Tabs -- expand and unexpand tabs per the unix expand(1) and unexpand(1) SYNOPSIS
use Text::Tabs; $tabstop = 4; # default = 8 @lines_without_tabs = expand(@lines_with_tabs); @lines_with_tabs = unexpand(@lines_without_tabs); DESCRIPTION
Text::Tabs does about what the unix utilities expand(1) and unexpand(1) do. Given a line with tabs in it, expand will replace the tabs with the appropriate number of spaces. Given a line with or without tabs in it, unexpand will add tabs when it can save bytes by doing so (just like "unexpand -a"). Invisible compression with plain ASCII! EXAMPLE
#!perl # unexpand -a use Text::Tabs; while (<>) { print unexpand $_; } Instead of the "expand" comand, use: perl -MText::Tabs -n -e 'print expand $_' Instead of the "unexpand -a" command, use: perl -MText::Tabs -n -e 'print unexpand $_' LICENSE
Copyright (C) 1996-2002,2005,2006 David Muir Sharnoff. Copyright (C) 2005 Aristotle Pagaltzis This module may be modified, used, copied, and redistributed at your own risk. Publicly redistributed modified versions must use a different name. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-25 Text::Tabs(3pm)