Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Wine cause more cpu usage and freeze program for a couple of seconds Post 303032372 by tomislav91 on Friday 15th of March 2019 04:52:31 PM
Old 03-15-2019
Wine cause more cpu usage and freeze program for a couple of seconds

Hi, i am facing a strange issue with wine. I am using ubuntu 14, 17 and 18 and in all version same thing, app which works perfeclty suddenly slow down, and i see that use too much CPU. First, i was thinking that memory is the problem, but now i am thinking that cpu is main problem.
I have a various hardware configuration, all have 4GB ddr3 or ddr4 RAM, and all have intel cpu dual core. GPU mainly intel integrated, but have AMD RADEON and NVIDIAs
I tried with ryzen3 also, but same there. Dont seem that hw is problem. I tried and reinstall whole system.
Things I tried:

Code:
export __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1

export GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE="100"

export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT="100

cpulimit -l 20 wine MyProgram.exe

%sudo   ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/cpulimit
echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches && swapoff -a && swapon -a

Also tried things from:
Link
Link1

Don't have idea what to try.
maybe someone had similar issue?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

2. Programming

CPU usage and memory usage

Please tell me solaris functions/api for getting following information 1- Function that tells how much memory used by current process 2- Function that tells how much memory used by all running processes 3- Function that tells how much CPU is used by current process 4- Function that tells how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cpu Usage

System FreeBSD. Issue: I see that system idle = 0% in the same time top and other commands show that all process eat 0% of cpu. System calls 98% CPU states: 7.9% user, 0.0% nice, 91.8% system,<==!!! But top does not show any process which eats more than 0% Question: how can I see... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

5. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

7. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU usage

well i want to get the cpu usage of the current processes.the thing is that i want to list the processes with cpu usage=0 and the others(one list for cpu usage=0 and another for cpu usage>0)..i can list them,but i cant find a way to find the ps with cpu usage=0 and cpu usage>0..pls help me with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: strawhatluffy
6 Replies

9. AIX

Overall CPU Usage

Hi Guys, I am a newbie on the forum. This is my first post, so first of all I would like to introduce myself. I am a SAS Analyst programmer working for an Health Insurance client. SAS is installed on a 16 CPU AIX Server with partitions running with shared processor. I have couple of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhiim2003
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restart debian server if one specific process has more than 10 seconds have high cpu load

Hi, could someone give me an example for a debian server script? I need to check a process if the process has a high cpu load (top). If yes the whole server needs to reboot. Thats it, nothing more. ;) Hope someone could help me. Regards woisch (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: woisch
2 Replies
q4wine(1)							   Q4Wine Manual							 q4wine(1)

NAME
q4wine - runs GUI utility for wine applications and prefixes management. SYNOPSIS
q4wine [KEY] ... DESCRIPTION
Q4Wine is a Qt4 http://www.qtsoftware.com/ GUI for W.I.N.E. http://winehq.org/ It will help you manage wine prefixes and installed appli- cations. General features: - Can export Qt color theme into wine colors settings. - Can easy work with different wine versions at same time; - Integrated Wine AppDB browser; - Easy creating, deleting and managing prefixes (WINEPREFIX); - Easy controlling for wine process; - Easy installer wizard for wine applications; (Not yet. Wait for v. 0.120) - autostart icons support; - Easy cd-image use; - FuseISOEmbedded FuseISO mount profiles; - You can extract icons from PE files (.exe .dll); - Easy backup and restore for managed prefixes. - Winetricks support. - and more... OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -m, --minimize minimize q4wine main window on startup -h, --help display help and exit -v, --version output version information and exit -b, --binary open run dialog for wine binary to execute wine binary EXIT STATUS
0 if OK or -1 if serious troubles FILES
/usr/bin/q4wine The Q4Wine main gui program /usr/bin/q4wine-cli The Q4Wine command line interface program /usr/bin/q4wine-helper The Q4Wine runner helper program /usr/lib/q4wine Directory containing Q4Wine's shared libraries $HOME/.config/q4wine Directory containing q4wine config, icons, database and temporary files. AUTHORS
Thanks to all: Q4Wine is available thanks to the work of many to all people, who was involved in development process, testing, bugreporting, packaging or translation creation. For a full listing of the authors, please see the file AUTHORS in the top-level directory of the source distribution. Active developers: Alexey Malakhov (John Brezerk) <brezerk at gmail.com> Project maintainer, main developer, web site designer and developer, project documentation, support, etc. ;) Sergey Skrypnic (opium) <opium@jabber.com.ua> Website developer, hosting administration Inactive developers: Pavel Zinin (pashazz) <pzinin at gmail.com> Winetricks plugin developer Dmitry Marakasov (amdmi3) <amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru> FreeBSD support fixes COPYRIGHT
Q4Wine can be distributed under the terms of the GPLv3 license. A copy of the license is in the file LICENSE in the top-level directory of the source distribution. AVAILABILITY
The most recent public version of wine can be downloaded from http://q4wine.brezblock.org.ua/download/ The latest snapshot of the code may be obtained via GIT for information on how to do this, please see http://q4wine.brezblock.org.ua/down- load/#git Q4Wine, development headquarters, is at http://q4wine.brezblock.org.ua This website contains a great deal of information about Q4Wine. BUGS
If you find a bug in Q4Wine please report it to <brezerk at gmail.com> or directly to Q4Wine bug tracker https://source- forge.net/projects/q4wine/ SEE ALSO
q4wine-cli(1), q4wine-helper(1), wine(1), wineserver(1) Q4Wine 0.120-r Manual 27 Dec 2010 q4wine(1)