Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sending Multipes files as attachents in directory Post 303032346 by RudiC on Friday 15th of March 2019 11:30:47 AM
Old 03-15-2019
What Unix? What shell?

What does man mailx say on either system?

Last edited by RudiC; 03-15-2019 at 12:51 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. How do I send email?

sending files as attachments

How do I send a file as an attachment on a Unix system (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending files as attachments

How do I send a file as an attachment on a Unix system (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending an email with more than one files

Hi, I would like to send an email with more than one attachement. I am using uuencode. I want to achive by suing uuencode. Also please let me know other ways. -Thambi (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor files in a directory and sending the alert

Hi All, We are having important config files in an directory which was accessable by all /auto/config/Testbed/>ls config1.intial config2.intial config3.inital often we find that some of the lines are missing in config files, we doubt if some one is removing. I would like to write... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping file names, comparing them to a directory of files, and moving them into a new directory

got it figured out :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sHockz
1 Replies

6. Programming

GFORTRAN sending .o files in separate directory

I am using gfortran and want to send .o files in separate directory. Currently I have the following in a bash script. The .mod files are handled ok, but the .o files are still created in the same directory as the source code fsrc="newunit.f08 math.f08 tString.f08 prout.f08 prary.f08... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with date, create directory, move to the created directory

Hi all, i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following, on /my/folder/jobs/ some_name_2016-01-17-22-38-58_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-40-30_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-48-50_some name_0_0.zip.done and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory containing files,Print names of the files in the directory that are exactly same content.

Given a directory containing say a few thousand files, please output a list of all the names of the files in the directory that are exactly the same, i.e. have the same contents. func(a_directory_name) output -> {“matches”: , ... ]} e.g. func(“/home/my/files”) where the directory... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xargs and rsync not sending all files

Hi all, I have a script issue I can't seem to work out. In a directory I have several folders and I want to send just the sapdata1 to sapdata14 folders and their contents but not sapdataXX/.snapshot the script is: #!/bin/bash # SETUP OPTIONS export SRCDIR="/scratch/doug/test/sapdata*"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DougyC
5 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)