Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Adding to an array in an external file, and adding elements to it. Post 303032268 by ignatius on Thursday 14th of March 2019 11:25:56 AM
Old 03-14-2019
Awesome. Thank you. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

adding existing disks to a 3510 array

I would like to extend a logical drive on our 3510. I have four unallocated disks which I would like to use for this purpose. The 3510 supports a Sun Cluster but for now all I wish to see is a "new" disk when I run format. I am a little familiar with the telnet/ssh session on the 3510 but am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcqv
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search array elements as file for a matching string

I would like to find a list of files in a directory less than 2 days old and put them into an array variable. And then search for each file in the array for a matching string say "Return-code= 0". If it matches, then display the array element with a message as "OK". Your help will be greatly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkbaral
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding array element in KSH

All, I would like to add the first 10 elements of an array. Here is how I am doing it now (only included first few add ops): #!/usr/bin/ksh ###Grab the array values out of a file### TOTAL=`awk '/time/' /tmp/file.out | awk '{print $4}'` set -A times $TOTAL SUM=$((${times} + times... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shoeless_Mike
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Adding external disk array to a live server

Hi all Ive got a v440 with an external T3 RAID in a dual bus configuration. I need to add an additional JBOD extension to the disk array via two VDCH cables. Now, can I do this as the server is live ? Can I just plug the two cables in, switch on the additional extension ? Will this cause... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem adding into an array field!!!

Hi, Kindly assist by analyzing the code below and suggest changes to achieve the required output. The input file: 01-010241800000 35000 MV010 02/03/09 0306 03060226 03 02-004103300000 470000 MV010 02/03/09 0301 03010276 03 The objective is to convert field No4. from dd/mm/yy to yyyymmdd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: talk2pawee
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding new lines to a file + adding suffix to a pattern

I need some help with adding lines to file and substitute a pattern. Ok I have a file: #cat names.txt name: John Doe stationed: 1 name: Michael Sweets stationed: 41 . . . And would like to change it to: name: John Doe employed permanently stationed: 1-office (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemo21
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding results of a find to an array

I'm trying to add the paths of all the xml files in certain directories to an array. I want to use the array later in my code. Anyway, for some reason this isn't working. Any help would be appreciated. Path_Counter=0 for result in "find * -name '*.xml'"; do XmlPath="$result" echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fly_Moe
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding an element to a bash array with a variable

Hello, I have a simple task and I am having some trouble with the syntax. I have a variable with an assigned value, CMD_STRING='-L 22 -s 0 -r -O -A i -N 100 -n' I would like to add that variable to an array. As far as I have been able to look up, the syntax should be something like, ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris - Sendmail - Adding .com.gr in external senders e-mails

Hello Everybody ! I'm Harry from Athens Greece and i have a problem with my Sendmail 8.13.3 installed on Solaris SunOS ultra 5.10. The problem is that when someone sends to us an e-mail and his e-mail address is like : xxxx@xxxx.com, our e-mail server adds up in the senders address a .com.gr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mcasim
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Two Array in shell script

Hi Experts, I've got this problem where I need to add two array in shell script such that that is an element is greater than 9 then it get further split into individual digit, something like below : Input :- array1=(2 6 8 9 10 12) array2=(5 4 6 8 12 14) Output :- array3=(7 1 0 1 4 1 7 2 2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
8 Replies
GSIMPLECAL(1)						      General Commands Manual						     GSIMPLECAL(1)

NAME
gsimplecal - lightweight calendar applet SYNOPSIS
gsimplecal [-h|--help|-v|--version|next_month|prev_month] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the usage of the gsimplecal command. gsimplecal is a lightweight calendar applet. When it is started, it first shows up, when you run it again, it closes the running instance. It was intentionally made for use with tint2 panel to be launched upon clock click, but of course it will work without it, you can bind it to some hotkey in you window manager, for example. Also, you may configure gsimplecal to display different world timezones clocks. See the CONFIGURATION section to get to know how to. COMMANDS AND OPTIONS
-v, --version Print the program name and version to stdout, then exit with code 0. -h, --help Print the short usage help to stderr, then exit with error code 2. prev_month, next_month If the program is not running, simply run it. If the program is running, change currently displayed month. If no options and commands are given, the program is toggled, i.e. if it is running it stops, otherwise it starts. CONFIGURATION
To configure the application you should manually create the file $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/gsimplecal/config (usually it will be ~/.config/gsimplecal/config) with contents like this: show_calendar = 1 show_timezones = 1 mark_today = 1 show_week_numbers = 0 close_on_unfocus = 0 external_viewer = sunbird -showdate "%Y-%m-%d" clock_format = %a %d %b %H:%M mainwindow_decorated = 0 mainwindow_keep_above = 1 mainwindow_sticky = 0 mainwindow_skip_taskbar = 1 mainwindow_resizable = 0 mainwindow_position = none mainwindow_xoffset = 0 mainwindow_yoffset = 0 clock_label = UTC clock_tz = :UTC clock_label = Local clock_tz = The options are pretty self explanatory, but here is detailed description: show_calendar: 1 or 0, defaults to 1. Sets whether the calendar should be shown. Most users want this option to be 1. show_timezones: 1 or 0, defaults to 0. Sets whether the different timezone clocks should be shown. mark_today: 1 or 0, defaults to 1. Sets whether today's date will be marked in the calendar (besides the default selection, i.e. when you click on the other day, today will remain marked somehow, e.g. in bold print). show_week_numbers: 1 or 0, defaults to 0. Sets whether week numbers are shown in the calendar. close_on_unfocus: 1 or 0, defaults to 0. Sets whether the calendar will close if the window loses focus. Note that if mainwindow_skip_taskbar is set to 1 then the calendar window may not be given focus upon creation external_viewer: string, defaults to empty string. Command line to run when doubleclicking a date. This string is strftime'd (see man strftime for the possible substitutions) and passed to the shell. Thus you can use pipes, redirections, and whatever, I hope. Currently the shell is hardcoded to /bin/sh though. I hope that will do for all the users, but if you've got a trouble, please file a ticket (see REPORTING BUGS). clock_format: string Sets the clocks format. Look man strftime for the possible formats. mainwindow_decorated: 1 or 0, defaults to 0. Tells your window manager to decorate or not to decorate the main window. mainwindow_keep_above: 1 or 0, defaults to 1. Sets whether the main window should be placed on top of other windows by your window manager. mainwindow_sticky: 1 or 0, defaults to 0. Tells your window manager to show gsimplecal on all desktops. mainwindow_skip_taskbar: 1 or 0, defaults to 1. Sets whether the main window should be shown in the task list by your panel or window manager. mainwindow_resizable: 1 or 0, defaults to 1. Sets whether your window manager should allow the main window to be resized. If you are using a tiling window manager which supports floating windows, setting this options to 0 will most likely tell your WM not to tile the window. (Tested with XMonad and Awesome). mainwindow_position: mouse|center|none, defaults to mouse. Tells your window manager where to place the gsimplecal window: mouse close to the mouse cursor position (this one is useful when you bind gsimplecal on some mouse click command); center in the center of the screen; none it's up to your window manager to decide, where to place the window (this one is useful when you bind gsimplecal invocation on some hotkey, so you can configure your window manager to place gsimplecal in some predefined position). mainwindow_xoffset and mainwindow_yoffset: integer, default to 0. Allow for main window position fine tuning. Throw an integer at these, and it'll move the window by that number of pixels. clock_label and clock_tz: string These two options should go in pairs and must be in the order given. Each pair creates new clock. The clock_label variable sets the string to be displayed near the clock, the clock_tz sets the timezone. If you omit the value for clock_tz, local time will be shown. For a list of timezones see man timezone, or ls /usr/share/zoneinfo KEYBOARD ACCELERATORS
You may use the following keyboard accelerators while gsimplecal window has a focus: Escape, Ctrl+w, Ctrl+q: close the window j: switch to the next month k: switch to the previous month J: jump one year forward K: jump one year backward g, Home: jump to the current date These are not yet configurable, but I'm working on it. REPORTING BUGS
Please, report any issues to the gsimplecal issue tracker, available at: https://github.com/dmedvinsky/gsimplecal/issues AUTHOR
Created by Dmitry Medvinsky et al. SEE ALSO
tzset(3), strftime(3) 2012-03-26 GSIMPLECAL(1)